Can fury dps pre-naxx?

Classic Discussion
I am thinking about going fury warrior in classic. Are warriors actually let into raids as dps before they are geared out?
Yes. Fury dps is outstanding, especially as alliance.

Also, every guild needs a feral tank and a shadow priest.

A lot of the 'cant bring x' memes have been disproven on pservers the last few years.
10/28/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Aileya

A lot of the 'cant bring x' memes have been disproven on pservers the last few years.

Lmao you cant bring shadow until the 16 slot debuff. You cant use a feral to tank no matter what your crap private servers have tuned on them. Feral is used twice to tank in a raid. Twice.

Feral requires so much excess healing than a warrior and easily gets crushed from lack of gear options.

Also one shadow per raid after 16 spot period even on those private servers I've seen those videos.

"But feral can tank 5mans hurrr"

Ya literally a hunter pet can too except till Rattlegore one shots you.

You can play whatever with your friends but sub par specs will always be sub par.

Also you do realize that Nost and Lights Hope scales up hybrids like feral right? Of course you dont, you like to live in fantasy.
10/29/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Baracheil
Lmao you cant bring shadow until the 16 slot debuff.

Which we're probably starting with.

You cant use a feral to tank no matter what your crap private servers have tuned on them. Feral is used twice to tank in a raid. Twice.

Any boss that uses dodgeable magic attacks is prime fodder for a bear tank, theres alot more than two.

Theorycraft has come a very long way in 14 years, it's a shame that your mindset hasn't changed with it.

Lmao you cant bring shadow until the 16 slot debuff. You cant use a feral to tank no matter what your crap private servers have tuned on them. Feral is used twice to tank in a raid. Twice.

Feral requires so much excess healing than a warrior and easily gets crushed from lack of gear options.

Also one shadow per raid after 16 spot period even on those private servers I've seen those videos.

You can play whatever with your friends but sub par specs will always be sub par.

Also you do realize that Nost and Lights Hope scales up hybrids like feral right? Of course you dont, you like to live in fantasy.

look its our negative nancy.....

how about you just let people play what they think is fun and let them find out for themselves what they can or cannot do.

do you know what classic will release as? no.....

Well we're probably getting 16 debuff slots off the rip even if they do gated raid progression so yea.

Also you do realize Nost and Lights Hope are gigantic servers with 10k+ players on them? And that back in Vanilla our servers only had 2500ish players, which then was considered "High Pop".

So once we go back to a massively diminished server population, compared to PServer garbage, putting those 40 man raid groups of these super optimal specs aren't going to be so easy anymore. Just getting bodies together is going to be "optimal".

But no, I wouldn't expect a rabid PServer player such as yourself to know this, cause you like to live in a fantasy.
To answer OPs questions in preraid BiS, warriors are top dps in MC. So ya they can dps before naxx.
There are plenty of good gear options for fury in dungeons. Fair warning: many of your best items are leather.
disproven on pservers
Pservers aren't vanilla...they are notorious for fudging details.
Arms was a bit more versatile as I recall.

But there were plenty of Fury wars around, especially late in the game.
10/29/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Kilda
Arms was a bit more versatile as I recall.

But there were plenty of Fury wars around, especially late in the game.

Arms was generally used for PvP
I'm curious how accurate Preachgaming's vanilla legacy video is now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNAhHh6zZ_g&ab_channel=PreachGaming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDP3T3j2vOc&ab_channel=PreachGaming

The Classic community needs a lot less people like you. Play to have fun, its a game dude stop crying...
Man goodluck leveling a warrior.

I wish you the best of luck
don't forget to level first aid!
fury are insane dps if you are decked and with all the proper commodity raid consumables. when i play in kronos i see warriors even surpassing some of the rogues during BWL aand nax

Allot of the can't bring X is because you couldn't bring X. The game was always evolving and changing, and towards the end you could bring one X. Allot of the top vanilla guilds were bringing an X in the original Naxxramas.

I get the feeling allot of the Pserver crowd never knew much about vanilla when it was relevant, or never played it at all.
10/29/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Huntsatnight
Lmao you cant bring shadow until the 16 slot debuff.

Which we're probably starting with.

You cant use a feral to tank no matter what your crap private servers have tuned on them. Feral is used twice to tank in a raid. Twice.

Any boss that uses dodgeable magic attacks is prime fodder for a bear tank, theres alot more than two.

Theorycraft has come a very long way in 14 years, it's a shame that your mindset hasn't changed with it.

It's a shame your private servers have up the base dodge on deals to allow then to hit that threshold.

You really are full if yourself aren't you.
I've seen plenty of videos of Classic WoW fury warriors kicking !@# in raids, including raids well before Naxx.

I imagine you had to know what you were doing, and it was probably very gear dependant. But fury was legit DPS in Classic.

I'm looking forward to trying it myself. I've mained fury since BC but didn't get to try it in Classic.

This is not exactly accurate, but I’ll circle back to that in a second.

To the OP: Yes. When I raided with PGB from Silvermoon back in Vanilla, we had a fury warrior named Joselito (sp?!). Anyways, he DPSed in MC, ZG, BWL, AQ 20/40 and Naxx. He was usually pretty high in the charts (top 5).

Back to the quote:

Our guild only had 2 warlocks (perhaps a shortage, perhaps GM didn’t care). Pre-16 debuff slot we had 2 shadow priests in our raid comp. they were with us from MC to Naxx. (Can’t remember when 16 hit, but I do know we were well into raiding before it ever came).

We also had a feral druid that off tanked in MC. By BWL he did go healing, but only because his tier 2 stuff basically bottlenecks himbthat way. We left the choice up to him.

We also had a holy/prot guy who would offtank from MC-Naxx.

We weren’t server first or anything, but we were in the top 3 for a long time. The only reason we fall down to like #5 on our server is because Naxx broke our guild. We only made it back up to AQ with a new group (30ish newbies) before TBC was nearing...

My point is, that you CAN work out a setup with those specs. Yeah, you won’t bring 5 of them, but a few are doable if they break the mold. I have no idea how private servers handle hybrids, but they’re not completely worthless as you imply.

What game were you playing? I tanked every five-man just fine as feral in vanilla (not private servers).

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.