Guys calm down! (No Sharding thread)

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 54 55 56 101 Next
Same company. If they don't like what was done to one product, why pay for others from the same source?

I hate fanta. but i drink Coke every day.

Your point is completly invalid and utterly wrong. Like i said, i don't play HotS, i don't play SC2... Those are completely unrelated franchises. Also they did NOTHING to the existing games, they just happened to put out a new game in a plataform noone likes. The game may be realy good... if they put it in PC. And then you'll love it... So again... they did nothing to Diablo, they just chose the wrong plataform.

If you don't like what a company from whom you consume product A does or changes in product B... to stop consuming product A is irrational.

Like i said, if you buy X drink from a company, then they happen to change the formula to drink Y.... why would you stop buying drink X? Do it when they change drink X...nor the one you don't buy.

Just because they're two different games does not mean the treatment of the titles can't influence other investments.

Ok so, same thing... IF they change, lets say, the pay model of Starcraft 2, to F2P-P2W, because they think that model will make more money, Your statement may be valid. BUT if they make a spin-off of SC2 in a diferent plataform, with a diferent monetization scheme, then you have nothing to worry about. Not only they are diferent products, both from each other, but also from the one you worried about (wow) as long as they keep the original franchise without changes, a BUSINESS COMPANY have the right to pursue other markets. It does not affect you in anyway. If anything, all they may do is put out a spin-off of wow in mobiles... and so what? as long as WoW remains sub-based, let em do whatever !@#$ty spinoffs they want. Just don't touch them and let them die.

Can't say. I'm not in the demo. Just relaying what was left in the exit note.

Well... this is bad... imagine i come and give you my opinion in a topic i have no clue on... that i have no experience with... and i've only heard other people talk about... people like to talk crap about things, just because they disagree slightly. You need to form your own opinion. And that can only be done by first-hand experience.
11/03/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Kores
I thought forum posts were limited to 20 pages? did they uncap the forums for classic discussion only? O.o

Quite often they'll post once and uncap the thread to funnel everyone into a single place...

then ignore it until the next questionable development and repeat with that thread.

Edit:

11/03/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Kempachi
Well... this is bad... imagine i come and give you my opinion in a topic i have no clue on... that i have no experience with... and i've only heard other people talk about... people like to talk crap about things, just because they disagree slightly. You need to form your own opinion. And that can only be done by first-hand experience.

I have my own opinion. My opinion is any sharding at all is a 100% game over. My opinion does not invalidate theirs and, no matter how full of yourself you are, neither does yours. Those were the reasons given for no longer wanting to play. You are now being ignored because you are the "nobody is right but me" type and not worth my time...

actually, from the way you're defending this and dismissing everyone that doesn't share your "vision", you're either a new ebay purchase or a blue on a dead account.

(If no posts by me between now and Wednesday, we know it was a blue, and I've lost posting rights)
11/02/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Kempachi
I like how people speaks of "what they realy want" and say "oh i want the !@#$fest" "i want all the lag and crashes and disconects with server downs for hours or days" " that was the vanilla experience we so love and miss"... You say that now... but when it actualy happens...

I was there you know? I was there when the game launched, and when servers went down for 2 or 3 days, and we got lots of fresh toons all of the sudden filling the servers that were up... derrailing the chat... trolling... making more realms to lag... And the forums were on rage about how incompetent was Blizzard, how they wanted their money back because they couldn't play the game they paid for... Yeah... noone "loved" that experience... your rose-tinted goggles are the ones speaking here.

I too would rather not to have sharding... but if the other option is what happened back in 2004 and early 2005, i rather let Blizzard do... you know... THEIR JOB? and deliver a nice, smooth, launch experience. Remember all you gotta do is invite you friends to your group to see them... and even with sharding, im sure you'll see lots of people. I was playing the demo today, and i had to wait around for mobs to spawn, and compete with lots of people for them... I think the experience was ok, and you all know nothing but to cry because that's all you know how to do.

Now, here is the deal i think would be ok: Give Blizzard a few weeks to figure out if the servers will hold, then let them deactivate sharding. IF we are gonna have something like the AQ event, id like to know i'll be able to experience it, maybe better then how i did in 2006... you know... with spell casts delay of 2 mins? At least i didn't disconnect i guess... but it was so damn laggy, that staying connected is the only good thing i can tell you about the experience... Still was damn awesome to have the whole server gather, horde and alliance standing shoulder to shoulder and all that... untill the gong rang and laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

That's my 2 cents and my word of advice, take it or leave it.

Thing is im sure they have adjusted drop rates, damage,lvl speed, regen etc and intend to have them in Launch.

what else have they frankensteined? They probably are planning AV with resources.
11/03/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Kores
I thought forum posts were limited to 20 pages? did they uncap the forums for classic discussion only? O.o

it was extended long ago due to popular demand.
11/02/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Lore
As you've noticed, the Classic Demo does have realm sharding. This is to let as many people as possible experience it without technical issues such as server capacity or spawn density getting in the way.

Longer term, we know how crucial it is to the Classic experience for you to see your friends when you walk into Stormwind or when you’re helping them on a quest you’ve already completed. And there should only ever be one Kazzak on a realm, no matter how many people are waiting for him to spawn.

We’re still looking at how we can best deliver an authentic Classic experience at launch, and in the weeks and months that follow - both in terms of gameplay and community. You won’t see phasing (which is tied to specific quests that don't exist in Classic) or cross-realm zones (which combine multiple realms together) in Classic. However, realm sharding is one of the best tools we have to keep realms stable when hundreds of players are swarming the same initial few zones and killing the same few mobs (like they will be at the launch of Classic). To that end, we do believe that some form of sharding may be helpful, especially in those early days. But we recognize that a cohesive world is critical to WoW Classic and are committed to bringing that to you.

Wow. Between this, the Diablo Immortal fiasco and basically all of BFA itself... you guys really are committed to dumping gasoline all over yourselves and striking a match.
this should be callled demoGATE. It SUCKS that bad to have its own blizzard timeline maybe put a new portal in cavern of time to experience this suckage any time right blizzard.
Watch how the classic wow experience is killed within 40 seconds...

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualComfortableStrawberryKappa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY6txGJh5Xc
11/03/2018 01:33 AMPosted by Barrison
Wow. Between this, the Diablo Immortal fiasco and basically all of BFA itself... you guys really are committed to dumping gasoline all over yourselves and striking a match.

11/03/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Grimremorse
this should be callled demoGATE. It SUCKS that bad to have its own blizzard timeline maybe put a new portal in cavern of time to experience this suckage any time right blizzard.

Wow, this is truly amazing... non-feedback.

I know, i'm gonna leave my feedback too: THIS GAME SUCKS! Yeah... that will work. It completely tells whats wrong with the game, and how i want it fixed.

P.S. I'm actualy enjoying BfA, with the only exception of Azerithe gear, which i just ignore and simply stop caring. It dosen't realy affect me, nor stop me from having fun. I actualy can't wait for what's coming in the next patches.
11/02/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Lore
As you've noticed, the Classic Demo does have realm sharding. This is to let as many people as possible experience it without technical issues such as server capacity or spawn density getting in the way.

Longer term, we know how crucial it is to the Classic experience for you to see your friends when you walk into Stormwind or when you’re helping them on a quest you’ve already completed. And there should only ever be one Kazzak on a realm, no matter how many people are waiting for him to spawn.

We’re still looking at how we can best deliver an authentic Classic experience at launch, and in the weeks and months that follow - both in terms of gameplay and community. You won’t see phasing (which is tied to specific quests that don't exist in Classic) or cross-realm zones (which combine multiple realms together) in Classic. However, realm sharding is one of the best tools we have to keep realms stable when hundreds of players are swarming the same initial few zones and killing the same few mobs (like they will be at the launch of Classic). To that end, we do believe that some form of sharding may be helpful, especially in those early days. But we recognize that a cohesive world is critical to WoW Classic and are committed to bringing that to you.

already know its a lie

good try though
#NoSharding

Blizzard this is a !@#$ storm. What happened to you guys? What happened to "the game will be ready when it's ready?" When quality was most important aspect of your games?

This is what happens when the power gets to your head. Remember we are the people who contributed to where you are now. Humble yourselves for God's sake. Admit your faults and fix them.
11/03/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Crumbs
Blizzard this is a !@#$ storm. What happened to you guys? What happened to "the game will be ready when it's ready?" When quality was most important aspect of your games?

Ehem... this is a DEMO, ergo NOT THE FINISHED GAME? And its here for you to actualy give your feedback? So if you don't like something, say so, and say why... but what you did in your rant, is not helpful.
If sharding is kept into the Classic servers, then I and I am sure many others, will not bother to play your game Blizzard. We will just go back to private servers where the Dev's there understand what made Vanilla great.

Sharding has no place in Vanilla, players want the crowded starter zones...it is part of the experience and sharding kills server community.
11/03/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Kempachi

I know, i'm gonna leave my feedback too: THIS GAME SUCKS! Yeah... that will work. It completely tells whats wrong with the game, and how i want it fixed.

P.S. I'm actualy enjoying BfA, with the only exception of Azerithe gear, which i just ignore and simply stop caring. It dosen't realy affect me, nor stop me from having fun. I actualy can't wait for what's coming in the next patches.

Theres a few thousand other posts that can tell you what's wrong. The feedback is there in black and white.

We may as well write our feedback on some toilet paper and wipe our asses with it. There is no way they are going to read this and take us seriously.

That is where all the tension is coming from, lack of respect for our opinions. The disgusting arrogance of these people telling us what WE want. No we are telling you what WE want. Stop patronising us. Just give it to us straight. Sick of this dance with you guys. Tell us your intentions. They won't though, they will leave it vague as !@#$ because they want us to buy the game and squeeze the last pennies out.
11/03/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Kempachi
11/03/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Crumbs

Ehem... this is a DEMO, ergo NOT THE FINISHED GAME? And its here for you to actualy give your feedback? So if you don't like something, say so, and say why... but what you did in your rant, is not helpful.

Babe.. just don't. We get it.. you like the game. Stop trying to debate everything. You are wasting your time and not going to change anyone's opinions. Today we are all on the hate train, so I suggest you jump in or find another means of transportation. Either way I'm not going to waste my time with you.
you're all fools, Blizzard is not blizzard any more, Diablo mobile is MOBILE RESKIN FFS, wow classic is literally going to be wow vanilla streamlined easy mod, TO KEEP RETAIL PLAYERS SUBBED FOR LONGER. this whole thing is a huge sham, do not buy classic and do not buy blizzard products they are a money grabbing corporate trash company now. Please dont throw away your money.

To that end, we do believe that some form of sharding may be helpful, especially in those early days. But we recognize that a cohesive world is critical to WoW Classic and are committed to bringing that to you.

if sharding is used in classic all that it will achieve is prove the disconnect between blizzard and its classic customer base and im not sure if id have faith in future blizzard decisions with classic.

sadly its systems like these that have gutted alot of positive experiences from wow.

other sources have proven you dont need sharding to have a stable server for vanilla (and also likely without the income or infrastructure of blizzard), it makes no sense
11/03/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Velkyria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY6txGJh5Xc

I want to thank you for posting this.

I made a thread with it to make sure it gets shared out.

its bad bruh that means it SUCKS bruh its pretty clear.
11/03/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Grimremorse

its bad bruh that means it SUCKS bruh its pretty clear.

nobody is surprised you like BFA dude haha. new classic is aimed to please people like you.