Cant wait to see how they spin this

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
Blizzcon Day 2 should be.. interesting.

Especially the Diablo: World and Q&A not being sabotaged by more outrage over today's reveals over whatever they want to talk about tomorrow.
11/02/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Kaloran
So of course you boo and bash the guy and complain, because booing someone and venting a bit isn't some crazy reaction to a situation like this. And then someone comes up to you and says "Uh excuse me, but expressing frustration with events makes you a baby," in a transparent attempt to be as smug and self-superior as possible.

That's you. That's what you're doing.
Actually I wouldn't. You know why? Its not up to me what the author does with her series. You guys are living in some other part of the world than me if either of those scenarios are deemed appropriate in your neighborhood.
11/02/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/02/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Pripyat
Literally the worst Blizzcon ever. Being booed at your own event. Then condescending the crowd. "D-do you not have phones?" You guys got lucky the attendees didnt have your hides. Pathetic and disgusting.
What is actually pathetic and disgusting is the group of people who booed giving gamers a bad name.

No one has to be happy about everything blizzard does but disrecting them like that... Yuck.

There is an overwhelmingly negative reception to that game. The booing was justified. There's a 30:1 dislike to like ratio on the trailer.

tl;dr https://i.imgur.com/58in0yy.png
11/02/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Oimate
To make you understand better imagine if your favorite show you watched for 12 seasons suddenly became everything you hated. I guarantee you'd be throwing your low fat ice cream at the screen.
No. I would just stop watching it. You guys are starting to scare me...
11/02/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/02/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Oimate
To make you understand better imagine if your favorite show you watched for 12 seasons suddenly became everything you hated. I guarantee you'd be throwing your low fat ice cream at the screen.
No. I would just stop watching it. You guys are starting to scare me...

If you've never gasped at a plot twist in a book, or show or been upset at a character passing then you scare me. Being able to form connections to fictional stuff is something all humans can do. Be it an imaginary friend, a character, a show or so on.

Just because something isn't "real" doesn't mean it can't effect you. Trying to insinuate otherwise is asinine. People were sad when Mass effect characters died. "I don't feel so good" evokes a lot of emotion even though it's not real. Don't pretend like it doesn't happen.

These people are the most hardcore of fans. They took time off and spent hundreds on this trip and keep in mind they are all PC gamers for Diablo. Last year they had no Diablo at blizzcon so they didn't go. This year they go because it's on Day 1 of the panel and touted as a centerpiece, and at the front of this crowd of PC gamers hyped for the first possible new content in years. They announce a mobile spin off game.

Yeah if you can't see that getting boo'd then it's honestly probably you who's missing something (empathy) in that case.
11/02/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Haunter
...What is actually pathetic and disgusting is the group of people who booed giving gamers a bad name.

No one has to be happy about everything blizzard does but disrecting them like that... Yuck.

There is an overwhelmingly negative reception to that game. The booing was justified. There's a 30:1 dislike to like ratio on the trailer.

I don't care if every single person in the world is upset about it. it pathetic and disgusting that adults cannot be civil.
11/02/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/02/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Kaloran
So of course you boo and bash the guy and complain, because booing someone and venting a bit isn't some crazy reaction to a situation like this. And then someone comes up to you and says "Uh excuse me, but expressing frustration with events makes you a baby," in a transparent attempt to be as smug and self-superior as possible.

That's you. That's what you're doing.
Actually I wouldn't. You know why? Its not up to me what the author does with her series. You guys are living in some other part of the world than me if either of those scenarios are deemed appropriate in your neighborhood.

People are passionate about their hobbies. If people have the chance to express their displeasure with a sudden turn of events that they don't care for to at least some of the people behind it directly, you bet they're going to.

People do it at football games, soccer, basketball, etc. It comes with the territory, and there is nothing inherently wrong with that...so long as it's not taken to extremes.

As far as Blizzcon and Diablo are concerned, the reaction from the audience was actually rather tame.
11/02/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Solarwynds
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I don't care if every single person in the world is upset about it. it pathetic and disgusting that adults cannot be civil.

The people on stage accept that booing is a potential consequence when they step foot up there.

Entertainers are paid to entertain. When they are not doing their jobs, the people paying HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO EVEN BE THERE have every right to boo.
11/02/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Solarwynds
...No. I would just stop watching it. You guys are starting to scare me...

If you've never gasped at a plot twist in a book, or show or been upset at a character passing then you scare me. Being able to form connections to fictional stuff is something all humans can do. Be it an imaginary friend, a character, a show or so on.

Just because something isn't "real" doesn't mean it can't effect you. Trying to insinuate otherwise is asinine. People were sad when Mass effect characters died. "I don't feel so good" evokes a lot of emotion even though it's not real. Don't pretend like it doesn't happen.

Yeah if you can't see that getting boo'd then it's honestly probably you who's missing something (empathy) in that case.
How does me saying that I would not lash out at the author equate to me not having emotional connections?

I actually am laughing at what you are trying to lay on me right now because irl, my empathy has often caused me trouble. I have had enough anger over stupid stuff to last a lifetime. Would I be disappointed with the author? Yes. Would I boo them and bash them? No.

There are literally millions of books to read. None of them are worth hatefulness and loss of control over my emotions. But you just go ahead and keep living in your all or nothing world. I'll stay over here in sanity town.
PC will go the way of the dodo. So will laptops. The future is mobile phones. Embrace it or die.
11/02/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Kentaurus
People are passionate about their hobbies. If people have the chance to express their displeasure with a sudden turn of events that they don't care for to at least some of the people behind it directly, you bet they're going to.
It's inexcusable what they did imo. And the hatefulness of the OP was even worse.

As far as Blizzcon and Diablo are concerned, the reaction from the audience was actually rather tame.
I will take your word for that but from a lot of what I have seen in GD and even some people in-game, Blizzard customers are not where I puy my bar for acceptable behavior.
11/02/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Solarwynds
It's inexcusable what they did imo. And the hatefulness of the OP was even worse.

I will take your word for that but from a lot of what I have seen in GD and even some people in-game, Blizzard customers are not where I puy my bar for acceptable behavior.

In a perfect world everyone would be able to talk to each other and handle things in a civil manner. This is not a perfect world, and neither are we by default, so....

People had every right to boo when they were given news they didn't like. As someone else already mentioned, they are in the business of entertainment to do just that: entertain.

When they fail people can, and will (and SHOULD), point this out. Sometimes it will be in a civil manner, and sometimes it won't be. Largely depends on how bad the screwup is.

Getting booed and burned by people during your own Q&A is just embarrassing. Not in regards to the people dishing it out, but to the people who should have avoided it to begin with by not screwing up.
11/02/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Haunter
The people on stage accept that booing is a potential consequence when they step foot up there.

Entertainers are paid to entertain. When they are not doing their jobs, the people paying HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO EVEN BE THERE have every right to boo.
Panel facilitators are not there to "entertain" attendees. Blizzcon is an opportunity to celebrate past accomplishments, inform the public about what's coming next, and socialize with fellow gamers.

Obviously you and I disagree. I can live with that. Can you?
11/02/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Kentaurus
In a perfect world everyone would be able to talk to each other and handle things in a civil manner. This is not a perfect world, and neither are we by default, so....
You are correct on that point. I have many faults. And they get the better of me more than I would like. But imperfection is never a valid excuse. Its just why each of us should accept that others are imperfect.
11/02/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/02/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Kentaurus
You are correct on that point. I have many faults. And they get the better of me more than I would like. But imperfection is never a valid excuse. Its just why each of us should accept that others are imperfect.

Going by your posts you seem to be a shill. You say there was no reason for the crowd to boo, yet if you were so neutral, you would see there are two sides.

On one hand you have a company pandaring to the Chinese market and ditching everyone else (many of whom have been loyal customers for decades).

On the other you have a loyal and strong fan base who have seen no love from the company and were told that they literally should just play on their phones, forgetting about the pride and time and money they pour into their computers.

Dress it up how you want, but your opinion is invalid and worthless.
These morons trying to white knight here, it would have been comparable to WoW or Starcraft 2's next expansion being on iphone and the corporate response was "Wut, y u no happy? We make great game!"
11/02/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Pripyat
Literally the worst Blizzcon ever. Being booed at your own event. Then condescending the crowd. "D-do you not have phones?" You guys got lucky the attendees didnt have your hides. Pathetic and disgusting.
What is actually pathetic and disgusting is the group of people who booed giving gamers a bad name.

It wasn't free to attend the panel. The way I see it, Blizzard disrespected the fans with that mobile garbage. Booing was well within the parameters of logic.
11/02/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/02/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Haunter

Booing and downvoting is civil. It's voicing their opinion as paying customers at an event for a company that's trying to sell them a product.

Not being civil would be death threats and attacks. No one (to my knowledge) has done that. People voicing their opinion is not incivility and stop trying to make it out like it is. We're all allowed our opinions on things and we're all allowed to voice them so long as no one is making threats or insulting others.
DIII's forum rage is bleeding into the WoW forums. It's powerful enough to breach into our reality!
11/03/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Kaldrak
DIII's forum rage is bleeding into the WoW forums. It's powerful enough to breach into our reality!

Well the Lord of Hatred is the only way to combat the Lord of Greed.