Cant wait to see how they spin this

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
11/02/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Andrraste
I still can't believe they genuinely thought they were going to hype a mobile game to a crowd that was most likely 95%+ PC exclusive players. Bringing out a mobile game is effectively this equivalent to them just saying "You don't matter to us, we want that sweet sweet Chinese mobile market?"

Diablo was definitely the wrong audience to try and dive into the mobile gaming market with. Why would PC players want to play on their phones? I bought Diablo 3 for the Switch mostly just to have something to play on it till Smash comes out since I've beaten all my current titles.

Having said that though the whole pandering to the Chinese mobile market people keep preaching is getting tiresome. Yes, China leads the way essentially with roughly 16 million dollars of revenue being generated annually through mobile games, but the United States isn't slacking. Revenue in mobile games from the US alone is expected to reach 10 million in the new couple of years, with the mobile gaming user population rising steadily. As a company I can see why Blizzard is trying to get in on it and not purely aiming at the Chinese market but the US market as well. They just dropped the ball and chose the wrong franchise.
I’m pretty much done with Blizzard games. Not sure what happened, but this company is in a serious downward spiral. Between CDPR, Bethesda, and Rockstar, I’ll have plenty to do. Oh well, it was a nice ride while it lasted. Maybe if they actually listen and give players what they want, they can redeem themselves. But I wouldn’t count on it. Sure, it’s there company and they can make the games they want. And I can spend my money how I want. And it’s not on a mobile game or a remaster of a 20 year old game.
Did they announce if its one button two?
11/03/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Warstrike

The interface? If you feel up to watching the gameplay trailer they released they show the UI. You have several buttons, not sure how fluid it'll actually feel though.
11/03/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Warstrike

Who needs buttons when all of Blizzards games are riddled with bots.

I'm sure it'll be turned into another eSport though, somehow.
I just don’t get how they can misjudge their fan base this badly. SMH
11/02/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Solarwynds
11/02/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Haunter
There is an overwhelmingly negative reception to that game. The booing was justified. There's a 30:1 dislike to like ratio on the trailer.

tl;dr https://i.imgur.com/58in0yy.png
I don't care if every single person in the world is upset about it. it pathetic and disgusting that adults cannot be civil.

my god. you must be one of those people who gets offended at the drop of a grain of rice.

the people booed. they didn't throw !@#$ or scream or start rioting.

they.

booed.
11/02/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Pripyat
Then condescending the crowd.

Pretty sure that was "I'm nervous as fel and dunno what to say", not condescending.
11/02/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Azivalla
Literally the worst Blizzcon ever. Being booed at your own event. Then condescending the crowd. "D-do you not have phones?" You guys got lucky the attendees didnt have your hides. Pathetic and disgusting.

Maybe the general public is right about video game players being adult children if this is apparently the reaction to seeing a game you dislike. Jesus, you guys act as if your dog was killed in front of you. Chill the frick out. These are video games. Hobbies. Forms of enjoyment. You don't have to pretend you'd kill someone for not making something you like.

Yeah I tend to agree...Blizzard is a really great company and while no one bats 100% I think they certainly do their best to produce premium software we can enjoy during our leisure. But, I can sympathize with D3 players.

I own D3 and remember when it came out the game was hyped with an IRL cash market and had a lot of promise--so many years later, I think the title let a few people down in a number of ways. It's too bad, but Overwatch and Wow are doing great.

I think some leadership changes are needed with the D3 team honestly...they don't appear to have a communicative vision the community appreciates.
11/03/2018 01:18 AMPosted by Zulani
11/02/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Andrraste
I still can't believe they genuinely thought they were going to hype a mobile game to a crowd that was most likely 95%+ PC exclusive players. Bringing out a mobile game is effectively this equivalent to them just saying "You don't matter to us, we want that sweet sweet Chinese mobile market?"

Diablo was definitely the wrong audience to try and dive into the mobile gaming market with. Why would PC players want to play on their phones? I bought Diablo 3 for the Switch mostly just to have something to play on it till Smash comes out since I've beaten all my current titles.

Having said that though the whole pandering to the Chinese mobile market people keep preaching is getting tiresome. Yes, China leads the way essentially with roughly 16 million dollars of revenue being generated annually through mobile games, but the United States isn't slacking. Revenue in mobile games from the US alone is expected to reach 10 million in the new couple of years, with the mobile gaming user population rising steadily. As a company I can see why Blizzard is trying to get in on it and not purely aiming at the Chinese market but the US market as well. They just dropped the ball and chose the wrong franchise.
Japan's mobile market is also huge. Fate/Grand Order made almost $2B domestic last fiscal year.

It also has a much better story than anything Blizzard has released in a long time.
Who cares about Diablo. pfffttt
11/02/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Khalamete
Seemed fine to me. Only bumps I saw were salty Diablo fans that hyped themselves up after being to told not to hype themselves up.

^

It said mobile in the trailer. According to the link earlier, the boos came from a guy asking if it would be on pc, and they were like - ugh, no its a mobile game, its on phones. then !@#$%^-s booed them. like, what?
11/02/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Azivalla
Literally the worst Blizzcon ever. Being booed at your own event. Then condescending the crowd. "D-do you not have phones?" You guys got lucky the attendees didnt have your hides. Pathetic and disgusting.

Maybe the general public is right about video game players being adult children if this is apparently the reaction to seeing a game you dislike. Jesus, you guys act as if your dog was killed in front of you. Chill the frick out. These are video games. Hobbies. Forms of enjoyment. You don't have to pretend you'd kill someone for not making something you like.

Yes, but when developers ignore customer concerns, what do they think is going to happen? A ticker tape parade?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Japan's mobile market is also huge. Fate/Grand Order made almost $2B domestic last fiscal year.

It also has a much better story than anything Blizzard has released in a long time.

No arguement there haha
11/03/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Solarwynds
11/03/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Ltque
Dress it up how you want, but your opinion is invalid and worthless.
Judging by your attitude and lack of critical thinking skills, your opinion is invalid and worthless.

Dudes just e-knighting blizzard the entire thread, and is clearly all over their jock. But we lack critical thinking sklls... Ok buddy...
11/03/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Heargen
I just don’t get how they can misjudge their fan base this badly. SMH
They over estimate us as a fanbase they think we have no idea what we want in a game and will simply support anything with their logo slapped on it majority of console gamers and PC players would never follow a franchise on mobile phones which are known to be riddle with micro-transaction and fees to bleed you out just to enjoy the game at its full.
11/03/2018 01:18 AMPosted by Zulani

I admit, I was being a bit cheeky. I frequently go to a lot places where people I talk about movies. And everyone complains that all movies are CGI monstrosities with giant fights. My line is usually something along the lines of "You just have to understand these movies aren't for you anymore. They're trying also appeal to a Chinese market that doesn't speak English, but they understand CGI and huge battles".

That said, I think intentions are kind of clear in that they're teaming up with NetEase for this.
Placing a mobile game as a main feature, was a very bad idea. I like certain mobile games, like hearthstone, UNO, etc. "Would have been much better, we are releasing diablo mobile free next month, leading to diablo 4 coming out summer 2019." That would have been amazing. Oh well. Hopefully they learned their lesson.
It really sucks when a company you held so highly is degraded into this..... blizzard games got me into pc gaming in the first place. Diablo 3 was the reason I upgraded my store bought pc and reaper of souls was the reason I built a brand new one from scratch.

I am really sad to see the out of touch content blizzard is providing across all of their games. I really hope they learn from this but from what I’ve seen from these past 4 years we are completely screwed.