Charity pet, cute but not a good charity

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 17 Next
idk seems fine to me tbh, all trolling aside are charities not allowed to specialize in things? Like men's prostate cancer woman's breast cancer? should both of those charities also fund stuff for the opposite gender?

We can talk about about the issues with the social sciences and pc culture but I don't see how it really matters when it comes to charities.
Are people still pretending that they buy those pets for charity.

Yup. I did that for all the pets, this one will be the absolute first pet I am not buying during the charity window. I'm waiting for a discounted sale.
11/03/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Daiyu
Are people still pretending that they buy those pets for charity.

Yup. I did that for all the pets, this one will be the absolute first pet I am not buying during the charity window. I'm waiting for a discounted sale.

I’ll be sure to buy two and gift one to a friend then.
11/03/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Daiyu

Why stop at two? Buy 10, no 20. It's not about the pet it's about the charity so no need to hold back. You're supporting a good cause. I am positive you can find 19 people in WoW who will be grateful to you for the pet, you might even make a new friend. Do it. PLEASE buy 20 pets for the charity.
11/03/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Audaria

Yeah I'm calling bull!@#$ on that story unless you're like 50+ years old or went to school in the 80s. In today's age you would be fast tracked asap in a second. So no I'm not ignorant. I'm sorry for the discrimination you faced many years ago. That does not take away from the discrimination people face today. You don't need revenge.

I'm in my sixties, but I've seen many girls since also have to fight for their right to education.

I don't get where you get the idea of revenge from. Some of the discrimination I faced was from other women, and I've known great men and have two wonderful sons. This should never be a women versus men thing any more than it should be a white versus black thing. Everyone benefits when everyone can be educated.

Helping get access to opportunities for those lacking in them is not revenge against anyone, it's just a matter of giving people a fair go. It's also good for a country's future economy.

So I got the story just about right, thanks for confirming. These problems don't exist anymore, in fact we are heading into a world with an opposite problem. And I use the word revenge because that's how people justify these things. Anyways this program is probably not even that bad, it's just a lightning rod topic for people on this subject. And for the guy who's going to buy 2 pets just to spite someone else, I'll be voting in this election down the line and it's not who you like.
Code.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities. Our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science, just like biology, chemistry or algebra. Code.org provides the leading curriculum for K-12 computer science in the largest school districts in the United States and Code.org also organizes the annual Hour of Code campaign which has engaged 10% of all students in the world. Code.org is supported by generous donors including Amazon, Facebook, Google, the Infosys Foundation, Microsoft, and many more.

So basically what you're all really saying is that you do want to support a charity that helps WOMEN and Minorities when it comes to technology. It's not a SJW charity it's a legit charity that has a specific purpose. And for those of you who are throwing SJW around you obviously have NO idea what it means.

Good Job showing your true colors. I've spent money on FOUR orders of these, for myself, my other account and my friends.
11/03/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Gromdar
Code.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities. Our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science, just like biology, chemistry or algebra. Code.org provides the leading curriculum for K-12 computer science in the largest school districts in the United States and Code.org also organizes the annual Hour of Code campaign which has engaged 10% of all students in the world. Code.org is supported by generous donors including Amazon, Facebook, Google, the Infosys Foundation, Microsoft, and many more.

So basically what you're all really saying is that you do want to support a charity that helps WOMEN and Minorities when it comes to technology. It's not a SJW charity it's a legit charity that has a specific purpose. And for those of you who are throwing SJW around you obviously have NO idea what it means.

Good Job showing your true colors. I've spent money on FOUR orders of these, for myself, my other account and my friends.

Show me a charity that openly states it exclusively helps white males regardless of social and financial status. If one even exists I'm positive it's demonized. Also I hope when you said you bought one for your other account it's a separate battlenet account because all accounts on the same battlenet account will have access to the pet.
Yeah, never giving blizzard my money again after this, they've gotten a little too political with this BS. Fact is, if non-white kids are being supported more than white ones, how is that any different than the "current climate" which supports white kids more? The bullied becomes the bullies, bravo everyone.

Why stop at two? Buy 10, no 20. It's not about the pet it's about the charity so no need to hold back. You're supporting a good cause. I am positive you can find 19 people in WoW who will be grateful to you for the pet, you might even make a new friend. Do it. PLEASE buy 20 pets for the charity.

Just like you buy 20 pets when it’s a charity you want to support, right?
I just got him I think it's a worthwhile charity good programming skills are becoming essential in more and more facets of professional life - the more kids that get an opportunity to learn it the better.
11/03/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Daroa

I used to. I used to raffle out pets during my stream to subscribers when a charity one was announced. The money is put to a good cause and I can give my subscribers a nice reward for their loyalty. It's a win win.
11/03/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Kathyna
America #1 in the world at everything!

We're #1 in three things; Military spending, people who still believe in angels, and people in prison.

I used to. I used to raffle out pets during my stream to subscribers when a charity one was announced. The money is put to a good cause and I can give my subscribers a nice reward for their loyalty. It's a win win.

I’m sorry for your subs if they’re so bored they’re watching you.
You go from a very meaningful charity...to identity politics waste of money.
11/03/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Daiyu

Show me a charity that openly states it exclusively helps white males regardless of social and financial status. If one even exists I'm positive it's demonized. Also I hope when you said you bought one for your other account it's a separate battlenet account because all accounts on the same battlenet account will have access to the pet.

So you want a charity that only helps wealthy white males?
Why am I not surprised?
11/03/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Audaria
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So you want a charity that only helps wealthy white males?
Why am I not surprised?

If there are people who want charities that only support x race and gender, why can't he want one that supports white males?

BTW here are the privileges of men:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/874/457/224.png

And here's what SJW seem to think:
https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-production/uploads/2015/12/hillary-clinton-quote.jpg

Just lol. A lot of men are out there leading sexless lives, working awful jobs, and killing themselves. And everyone is still saying they have it good. Show me one woman who wants to be a sanitation or construction worker. California passed a law saying 1/5 members of board of directors of public corporations must be female. Show me a law saying 1/5 construction workers must be female. Can't find it? Gee I wonder why the girls only want equality for cushy high paying jobs, but the real nitty gritty hard labor must always fall on the "privileged" men. We now live in a culture where a woman can baselessly accuse a man of sexual assault, and the mere accusation can completely ruin his life. Meanwhile, even when the accusations are PROVEN to be false, the woman gets a slap on the wrist of like 1 year tops, while the man would have gone to jail for the better part of his life. GTFO
11/03/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Mirkwood
Not buying it. I don't support SJW charities.

Its scary when people start attributing education as a SJW agenda.
11/03/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Daiyu

No where in that mission statement does it say anything about "exclusively" targeting any particular race, creed, religion, gender, or anything else. It says "increasing participation by". Not. One. Thing. About. Anything. Being. Exclusive. Anywhere.

It also specifically says "EVERY student in EVERY school".

You may want to take a reading comprehension class before trying coding, TBH.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No where in that mission statement does it say anything about "exclusively" targeting any particular race, creed, religion, gender, or anything else. It says "increasing participation by". Not. One. Thing. About. Anything. Being. Exclusive. Anywhere.

It also specifically says "EVERY student in EVERY school".

You may want to take a reading comprehension class before trying coding, TBH.

Code.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities.

Why didn't they just say everyone? Why does it specifically say women and "underrepresented" minorities? I guess this means anyone who isn't a white man, a jewish man, an asian man, or an indian man. Go figure. You know why those groups are "overrepresented"? Because those cultures encourage people to work their asses off. It has absolutely nothing to do with some fictitious societal privilege. Look at Indian men in this country. What privilege do they have? Absolute bottom of the barrel in the dating world, and ridiculed and mocked by EVERYONE. Yet there they are, working hard, making money. It's called go to school and do your freaking homework. Get off snapchat, stop sexting, stop taking selfies and going to the club, learn to freaking read and spend some time on your math and science homework. We already have so many scholarships and so much aid for people who want it to go to school. There is no basis whatsoever to claim you are somehow less privy to opportunities than the aforementioned groups if you are a woman. In fact, if you are an "underrepresented minority", the deck is stacked heavily in your favor. All you have to do is open a book and read. You can get into a great school with horrible scores if you're a minority that even makes an honest attempt.
No way. Theres already enough competition in the programming field. We don't need more.