PROGRESSIVE CONTENT

Classic Discussion
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/#_

"The content release plan is to have staged content unlocks"

Best news I've heard amidst the !@#$storm of the last day. I never expected them to actually release all content day 1 but it's good to have confirmation. This also means no BGs at launch either!

That also means that with the only PvP present early on being WPVP, #NOSHARDING is even more important.
Dire maul at launch? yikes
11/03/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Hey
Dire maul at launch? yikes

That's how it was when WoW launched in Europe.
Im happy with progressive content. NO SHARDING
I am really excited for Classic now. I thought I was before, but I was wrong. Progression....so sweet!
I'm happy with all that was said and love the progression release schedule
The only change noted in the panel was loot trading. If that's the only change we get, then I'll take it any day.
I was fairly happy with the panel. Progressive realms is definitely the way to go.

I can't say I agree with the idea of loot trading, however I do understand the reasoning behind it and its not a deal breaker for me personally.

The idea of any kind of phasing is troubling, outside of perhaps the first days within the very first zones.

Also it would have been nice if the addressed the out of combat regeneration we are seeing on the Demo vs what it will be on live.
This is cool, I started playing in fall of 2005, so I missed the boat on the earlier patches. Look forward to experiencing the game at an earlier state.
I'm very happy about the progressive unlocks, it will prevent people from blowing through the content too quickly, and will make some of the earlier content less trivial.
Yuuuge.
The content launch plan is not written in stone yet, now is the moment to convince them to make a few more stages, mainly for Dire Maul not being at start.
The content of Dire Maul will be on launch, but I don't think the itemization of loot tables will be there on launch. I think the itemization of loot tables will be also rolled out in phases that relate to the release of certain content. At least that's how I hope it goes.
11/03/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Frostchi
I'm very happy about the progressive unlocks, it will prevent people from blowing through the content too quickly, and will make some of the earlier content less trivial.

I think it will suck for anyone that doesn't start 'fresh' but that's the other side of the coin. Or for anyone not that interested in raiding and wants to PvP without getting stomped by raiders.
11/03/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Frostchi

It really won't. Unless they drastically overhaul the raiding experience you're going to have multiple guilds on the most populated servers destroying MC within the first month of release which will then destroy BWL within the first 4-5 hours post patch update.

It'll be the same as on private servers.
11/03/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Switzy
The only change noted in the panel was loot trading. If that's the only change we get, then I'll take it any day.

Agreed. He covered most of my hot points, with the exception of linking accounts to current servers for the purposes of transmog/mounts (I am against that) and addressing the sharding issue. Overall I am cautiously optimistic.
11/03/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Pavo
The content of Dire Maul will be on launch, but I don't think the itemization of loot tables will be there on launch. I think the itemization of loot tables will be also rolled out in phases that relate to the release of certain content. At least that's how I hope it goes.

Yea I guess the devil is also in the details- are the items going to have their 1.12 values and just locked in time of release (eg- T1 won't have stupid stats at release)? Not watching the stream, so appreciate the answer.
11/03/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Mitsuru
The content launch plan is not written in stone yet, now is the moment to convince them to make a few more stages, mainly for Dire Maul not being at start.

Dire Maul was not in at the start in vanilla.

It came in 1.3
dire maul is the biggest concern here
11/03/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Brockthorn

Dire Maul was not in at the start in vanilla.

It came in 1.3

Which is what europeans started with.