Implement Penalties for Mythic+ Deserters.

General Discussion
Hi, everyone. I will keep this short, as the title really says it all. I am really !@#$ing sick of people getting frustrated, and leaving Mythic+ dungeons. They leave, and of course no sweat off their back. Meanwhile, the rest of the team is often therefore screwed. Moreover, the owner of the keystone now is guaranteed, more or less, to lose levels on his keystone.

I am really getting tired of that %^-*. There needs to be actual incentive for people NOT to leave mythic dungeons, and advertently !@#$ing their team and the keystone owner.

There are penalties for heroic dungeon deserters. There are also penalties for deserting RBGs, battlegrounds and (I believe) arenas. Why is this not the case with Mythic+ dungeons?

Forgive me if I lied about keeping this short. Thanks for reading, and please respond with constructive feedback and thoughts, rather than a few sarcastic words.

Sincerely, Draconem.

(Edited for typos.)
Don’t fill your groups with bads and people won’t leave
The topic of this thread is not about skill in PvE. But, hey, thanks for your irrelevant input! :)
Should be a penalty.
11/04/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Kekenforcer
Should be a penalty.

Ok,so what kind of penalty?Would it only apply to people who leave?What if someone gets kicked do they get the penalty?If the group is total !@#$,should someone get a pentalty for leaving that?
11/04/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Pouiya
Should be a penalty.

Ok,so what kind of penalty?Would it only apply to people who leave?What if someone gets kicked do they get the penalty?If the group is total !@#$,should someone get a pentalty for leaving that?

I feel Blizzard should decide what that penalty is. I'm merely suggesting that a penalty be put in place. And really, it's not that complicated. There are already examples of what these penalties could be, anyway. Look at the function of random heroic dungeons. I'd be happy with penalization framed like that, honestly.
11/04/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Draconem
Hi, everyone. I will keep this short, as the title really says it all. I am really !@#$ing sick of people getting frustrated, and leaving Mythic+ dungeons. They leave, and of course no sweat off their back. Meanwhile, the rest of the team is often therefore screwed. Moreover, the owner of the keystone now is guaranteed, more or less, to lose levels on his keystone.

I am really getting tired of that %^-*. There needs to be actual incentive for people NOT to leave mythic dungeons, and advertently !@#$ing their team and the keystone owner.

There are penalties for heroic dungeon deserters. There are also penalties for deserting RBGs, battlegrounds and (I believe) arenas. Why is this not the case with Mythic+ dungeons?

Forgive me if I lied about keeping this short. Thanks for reading, and please respond with constructive feedback and thoughts, rather than a few sarcastic words.

Sincerely, Draconem.

(Edited for typos.)

Any time you have to manually make a group there is no penalty for leaving because the people were selected, not randomly matched. Right?

Also, the key only loses ONE level now, not levels because it wasn't completed in time or at all.

Edit: it's only fair to apply a penalty to leavers if there is also a way to punish people who can't do mechanics, aren't doing enough DPS to get the key done on time, etc.
I get what your saying, however problem ends up showing up when different scenarios occur.

Group decides they can't down the dungeon, and calls it.

All get penalty for leaving.

Player X in guild group, with coms, has emergency come up, needs to leave, everyone agrees that it's okay, still gets penalty anyway.

Player disconnects for a minute, group decides to kick instead of wait, even if they player would be back on very shortly. Gets penalty.

Group flat out kicks somebody. Penalty.

As much as it seems like a good idea for a penalty, because it is frustrating getting somebody who flat out leaves without warning, or at the first sign of struggle, it opens a can of worms that causes a lot more unnecessary penalty for others, especially just to spite a select few.
11/04/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Kirela
11/04/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Draconem

Sincerely, Draconem.

(Edited for typos.)

Any time you have to manually make a group there is no penalty for leaving because the people were selected, not randomly matched. Right?

Also, the key only loses ONE level now, not levels because it wasn't completed in time or at all.

Edit: it's only fair to apply a penalty to leavers if there is also a way to punish people who can't do mechanics, aren't doing enough DPS to get the key done on time, etc.

I'm not sure I see your point whereby selecting players (often pretty damn randomly, frankly) somehow changes what is right, wrong, and downright inconsiderate to their team.

As for me saying "levels" as opposed to "level", my most genuine apologies.

Lastly, someone playing poorly, and someone intentionally screwing other players: I don't see those are the samething. On the one hand a player is likely still learning. On the other hand, a player is entirely intentionally !@#$ing over their team.

Oh, and please stop assuming my experience is with %^-*ty players. Players often leave because of dumb !@#$ like disagreements, boredom, whatever the case may be.
You don't lose the key if someone leaves. non issue.
11/04/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Revlol
I get what your saying, however problem ends up showing up when different scenarios occur.

Player X in guild group, with coms, has emergency come up, needs to leave, everyone agrees that it's okay, still gets penalty anyway.

Player disconnects for a minute, group decides to kick instead of wait, even if they player would be back on very shortly. Gets penalty.

As much as it seems like a good idea for a penalty, because it is frustrating getting somebody who flat out leaves without warning, or at the first sign of struggle, it opens a can of worms that causes a lot more unnecessary penalty for others, especially just to spite a select few.

Why are you not against penalties in random heroic dungeons? Or RBGs? Or BGs? Or arenas? Nowadays, unfortunately, nearly every group that comes together is random. It may feel less random, but essentially people are joining or forming premades, and are selecting other players based on nearly nothing but item level, class and spec. Beyond that, they have no idea who that player is.

11/04/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Jimmynitro

Forgive me, but I'd like to point out that no one said you lose the keystone after an incident as mentioned.
they are implementing some sort of reputation system. That should be more than enough to solve this, practically, non issue.
11/04/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Wetrobrute
they are implementing some sort of reputation system. That should be more than enough to solve this, practically, non issue.

I don't understand how you can call this is a non-issue in the same sentence in which you tell us Blizzard's implementing a reputation system for this very reason. Evidently, it's an issue.
11/04/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Draconem

I don't understand how you can call this is a non-issue in the same sentence in which you tell us Blizzard's implementing a reputation system for this very reason. Evidently, it's an issue.

they are not implementing it for this specific issue.

They are implementing it for toxicity, in general.

Don't put words in my mouth.
11/04/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Pouiya
Should be a penalty.

Would only apply to people who leave not people who are kicked. If you kick someone from a Mythic+ where you can't replace them thats's your bad. If you're inviting people with garbage ilvl to do Mythic+ content that's also your bad, if people who are being invited have a good ilvl and are bad take it up with Blizzard and their titanforging system.
11/04/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Draconem

It’s a non-issue
<span class="truncated">...</span>

they are not implementing it for this specific issue.

They are implementing it for toxicity, in general.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I imagine it will play a role in instances like this. Most people would probably agree that leaving a team, thereby ruining any chance of completing a dungeon, let alone on time, is toxic behavior. And ya did say that a reputation system would "solve" this. I suppose I misread or misunderstood what you wrote.
11/04/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Draconem
11/04/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Revlol

Why are you not against penalties in random heroic dungeons? Or RBGs? Or BGs? Or arenas? Nowadays, unfortunately, nearly every group that comes together is random. It may feel less random, but essentially people are joining or forming premades, and are selecting other players based on nearly nothing but item level, class and spec. Beyond that, they have no idea who that player is.

11/04/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Jimmynitro

Forgive me, but I'd like to point out that no one said you lose the keystone after an incident as mentioned.

Who said I wasn't against those penalties?

See this is the problem, people come here, make comments without thinking, and pre assume what others think.

See this is the problem, people come here, make comments without thinking, and pre assume what others think.

All one can do at the end of the day is assume, philosophically. At any rate, you were certainly pointing out potential negatives about penalties in these kind of situations.

Was I supposed somehow read between the lines of your arguments against penalties to then think you were all for the concept? If I was, sorry, didn't catch that part.
11/04/2018 06:04 AMPosted by Draconem

All one can do at the end of the day is assume, philosophically. At any rate, you were certainly pointing out potential negatives about penalties in these kind of situations.

Was I supposed somehow read between the lines of your arguments against penalties to then think you were all for the concept? If I was, sorry, didn't catch that part.

You didn't need to read between the lines, you didn't need to assume anything, you could have literally just avoided the reference to non premade content, and instead actually talked about the issues with this type of penalty on premade content.