Stop downplaying the Diablo problem

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
People talk about Bethesda doing a mobile game and not catch flack. Well someone at Bethesda was probably like “hold on peeps, if we reveal a mobile ES game the fans are going to come for us. There going to come for us all. We got to give the fans something!” And someone else in the room was like, “let me call cenimatics.” “You guys got something vague and generic fantasy looking? Cool. Slap Elder Scrolls 6 on it asap! You guys are the best. After we talk mobile will show this 30 second trease of a game we haven’t started on but we intend to make. The fans will go nuts!”

It shouldn’t have been hard Blizz.
What is to downplay ?
Will it affect WoW ? Even if they put out a WoW mobile game ? No.
Will it affect D3/D4 ? No
Will it affect Overwatch/HoTS/Hearthstone ? No

Blizzard can put out 20 new games on 20 different platforms and it won't affect their current game library at all.
Isn't there a forum for that dead game?
11/04/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Somalion
What is to downplay ?

Blizzard can put out 20 new games on 20 different platforms and it won't affect their current game library at all.

World Quest complete $0.99 each
Profession level $2.50 each level
Tiftanforged weapon upgrade $30.00
etc.

Nope won't effect us at all..at ALL
11/04/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Shinsmacker
What is to downplay ?

World Quest complete $0.99 each
Profession level $2.50 each level
Tiftanforged weapon upgrade $30.00
etc.

Nope won't effect us at all..at ALL

:|
Do you honestly think WoW will go that direction ? If you do then I don't know what to say. Yes a WoW mobile game may have those options (even though currently we have no idea what the revenue stream will be for Diablo:Immortals
11/04/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Monrith
I see a lot of people shrugging off the Diablo problem like it doesn't effect them.

this company, and the developers have #### on a lot of people the last 5 years or so. stand in line, and take it like a man.
It took 11 years to get Diablo III; this par for the course for the Diablo franchise.
11/04/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Chilela
This will affect the rest of Blizzard's games if, and only if, the game succeeds. For it to do so, it will have to attract a new audience, since most of Diablo's core audience doesn't really care about the game, as evidenced by the empty demo booths. The "Don't you have phones?" comment at Blizzcon also didn't help things along either.

IMO, all arrows at the moment point to it being DoA by Blizzard standards. Time will tell, though.

The mobile game is not the issue. It is the tone def management that thought they could go another year without confirming the development of a D4 game. Heck, the community also wants a D2 remaster they have not even confirmed that. This is the issue, years and years without a word for the PC players.

Also, this. Earlier this year, when Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee were first announced, a lot of people blew their lids because they thought it was the next mainline pokemon game, before it was soon confirmed that it would be a spinoff and the next main game would be coming next year.

Asian markets are the only hope for that game.
I cannot wait till this game ends up being a popular fun game and ppl actually enjoy it, Blizz makes loads of money, and the haters choke on their own negativity and abysmal attitude.

Oh and Diablo 4 and diablo 2 remake are announced anyways. And people feel even more foolish for jumping the gun (yet again) to attack Blizzard.
11/04/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Nixnil
I cannot wait till this game ends up being a popular fun game and ppl actually enjoy it, and the haters choke on their own negativity and abysmal attitude.

If my Asus Zenfone will play it, I'll try it.
11/04/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Nixnil
Oh and Diablo 4 and diablo 2 remake are announced anyways. And people feel even more foolish for jumping the gun (yet again) to attack Blizzard.

I really don't think most people would feel foolish -- that implies a level of self-awareness that I think the internet in general tends to avoid.
Don't let them ruin your games

This ship sailed many years ago. Blizzard is a follow the money company now and has been for quite some time. Your fears came true long ago.
If they're willing to release a free to play, micro-transaction hell game

The already did we call in hearthstone.

It's real popular to hate on blizzard right now but if this was announced last year it would be praised beyond belief because you could take Diablo with you anywhere you go and they are working on other projects and that means a new pc version.
What is to downplay ?

Be careful, you might upset the rabid fanbase with facts.

All they have to go off of is pure speculation.
I see a lot of people shrugging off the Diablo problem like it doesn't effect them. What Blizzard is doing effects every Blizzard game going forward and every player, not just Diablo players. This can and certainly will effect WoW.

If they're willing to release a free to play, micro-transaction hell game full well knowing that is in no way or form what players ever wanted, then proceed to delete over 100k dislikes and over 14k comments on the reveal trailer in attempts to do damage control that's a bad sign for all of us regardless of what Blizzard game you play.

It shows they're stepping down to EA and Activision (Activision which owns Blizzard) levels of tomfoolery to make as much profit as humanly possible at your expense.

Look at Activision's games, which again owns Blizzard. Look at Destiny 1 and 2. Look at Call of Duty with the many things they've been pulling over the years. Look at all the things they've done.

That will slowly become WoW's fate if everyone keeps shrugging off the junk they're pulling with Diablo. We'll see WoW go even deeper into micro-transaction land, we'll see less and less content, we'll see more sleazy business practices and heck, you may even see Warcraft 4 and Starcraft as mobile pay to win hell games if Diablo Immortal makes them enough profit.

Our complaints can force companies to tow the line at the very minimum. See the Battlefront 2 controversy; we memed EA so hard into the ground Disney called them up and told them to put out the trash fire they ignited.

If you give a inch greedy game companies will take several thousand miles, your first born, your wife, your weird WoW fan fictions, will eat all the food in your fridge and hog the sofa when you're trying to watch Game of Thrones.

Don't let them ruin your games.

You can already buy gold and skip the levelling process with real money, in an MMORPG that you have to already outright buy + pay a sub for and the community is fine with it, they're slowly but methodically desensitizing us to bad business practices.

Imagine going back in time and telling BC players Blizzard would be adding cash shop mounts, transmog, pets, level skips and gold.

There would be riots.
I did think about leaving this game for the principle of what Blizzard used to be vs what it is today. Seems like it's not gonna stop changing in a bad direction, so I debated on stop investing my time.

I haven't reached a decision yet.
I hope the WoW devs got the message from this diablo mobile backlash...
11/04/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Viviornitier

That gamers are so selfish and entitled that if a project doesn't directly cater to them or their tastes then it should not be allowed to exist at all?
11/04/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Aijomi
11/04/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Viviornitier

That gamers are so selfish and entitled that if a project doesn't directly cater to them or their tastes then it should not be allowed to exist at all?

lol.

I like the idea of a new Diablo game (may give me an excuse to play a game on my phone). I also want to see more DLC or expansions for D3, remastered D1/2 and D4 but for now quick easy phone game is right what the demon ordered.
I see a lot of people shrugging off the Diablo problem like it doesn't effect them. What Blizzard is doing effects every Blizzard game going forward and every player, not just Diablo players. This can and certainly will effect WoW.

No, it won't. This is a Diablo problem, not a WoW problem.

If they're willing to release a free to play, micro-transaction hell game full well knowing that is in no way or form what players ever wanted, then proceed to delete over 100k dislikes and over 14k comments on the reveal trailer in attempts to do damage control that's a bad sign for all of us regardless of what Blizzard game you play.

First, we don't know if the game is going to be free or if it will cost a few $$. Second, we don't know if it will even have microtransactions, the business model hasn't been decided on yet (although it is a safe assumption). Third, YouTube removed the dislikes, not Blizzard, likely as a result of their botting algorithims. It is actually impossible for a video creator to manipulate the like/dislike score. The only point you have here is the comment deletions, and while that does suck, I'm not going to rip into them too harshly for it either. It's their video, it's their comment section, they are not obligated to keep comments they don't like there, just like they're not obligated to allow threads they don't like here.

It shows they're stepping down to EA and Activision (Activision which owns Blizzard) levels of tomfoolery to make as much profit as humanly possible at your expense.

Activision Publishing is not Activision Blizzard. They are two different companies. Also, Blizzard Entertainment has full creative and financial autonomy when it comes to Activision Blizzard's involvement. This has been the case for the past decade, and it has been confirmed as being true by Mike Morhaime and Tom Chilton.

Look at Activision's games, which again owns Blizzard. Look at Destiny 1 and 2. Look at Call of Duty with the many things they've been pulling over the years. Look at all the things they've done.

Destiny 1 and 2 are owned and developed by Bungie and only Bungie. Activision has a publishing deal, but it is only Bungie that decides how their game will play and what will be included in it as Bungie is an independent developer.