Stop downplaying the Diablo problem

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
11/04/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Snowfox
That's what Overwatch was.

Right. That's fine and I agree, but that was in the past. They ran their mouth about THIS blizzcon and how big Diablo was going to be, and then dropped this load of crap. I don't play d3. Not interested in grind-simulators, but I get why the people who bought into the blizz created hype are upset.
11/04/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Akaidian
...It is an easy problem to solve. Make an actual new product that kicks !@# like Red Dead Redemption 2. Massively successful, raking in tons of cash, tons of new customers, etc. It's simple to do, but risky because you don't know if your product will sink or swim, so blizz avoids it because they're not a company about that life any more. They're about safe and secure.

It's funny to me though, because I remember when D3 came out there was a LOT of complaining about it. Diablo was 'ruined', Blizzard has lost their way, etc... now there's evidently a lot of love for it and anything different is the wrong thing. I've seen that trend here with wow and previous expansions.

It'll be funny, at least to me because I have a weird sense of humor, when diablo for the phone comes out, becomes popular.. and then THEY get outraged when a PC version is announced next instead.

... Did you really just say that?
11/04/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Akaidian

Right. That's fine and I agree, but that was in the past. They ran their mouth about THIS blizzcon and how big Diablo was going to be, and then dropped this load of crap. I don't play d3. Not interested in grind-simulators, but I get why the people who bought into the blizz created hype are upset.

Yeah, as I said earlier - I agree their timing of the reveal was dumb.

That's an entirely different debate from the PROJECT being dumb though.

There's not much to say on the first part, because I agree. It's the 2nd that we can discuss.
11/04/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Akaidian
...It is an easy problem to solve. Make an actual new product that kicks !@# like Red Dead Redemption 2. Massively successful, raking in tons of cash, tons of new customers, etc. It's simple to do, but risky because you don't know if your product will sink or swim, so blizz avoids it because they're not a company about that life any more. They're about safe and secure.

It's funny to me though, because I remember when D3 came out there was a LOT of complaining about it. Diablo was 'ruined', Blizzard has lost their way, etc... now there's evidently a lot of love for it and anything different is the wrong thing. I've seen that trend here with wow and previous expansions.

It'll be funny, at least to me because I have a weird sense of humor, when diablo for the phone comes out, becomes popular.. and then THEY get outraged when a PC version is announced next instead.

Certainly ironic if that happens.
11/04/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Snowfox
There's not much to say on the first part, because I agree. It's the 2nd that we can discuss.
There's no point in discussing the 2nd IMO. No one would care or be complaining if they didn't reveal it like they did in place of what should have been something else announced based on their marketing.

If someone who loves d3 just randomly saw some "coming to mobile soon!" FB add one day, they wouldn't think anything of it. They wouldn't assume it was the Diablo Team's only focus.
Blizzard has never released a trash game. They have released crap expansions *cough* WoD *cough*. If Diablo Immortal comes out with micro transactions that are designed to accelerate gameplay to how it should be or to give an advantage to someone that pays versus someone that plays, then yes I will be furious and outraged with you. For now I am trying to keep calm about it.

Diablo 3 has never been a cash cow of Blizzard and I think the reason they did this is to help fund the franchise. Sure they can have this game on mobile and you can pay $5 for a pet or something every once in a while. If they do that though then there should be a way to get pets in the game. Like WoW is that all the shop items are completely visual only and provides no ingame advantage is the only acceptable form of microtransaction that I see for this mobile game. Anything else would be unacceptable for the Diablo community. This game is already unacceptable as it stands but their are depths that mobile games can go that the community will definitely not follow.
11/04/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Realmweaver
Blizzard has never released a trash game. They have released crap expansions *cough* WoD *cough*. If Diablo Immortal comes out with micro transactions that are designed to accelerate gameplay to how it should be or to give an advantage to someone that pays versus someone that plays, then yes I will be furious and outraged with you. For now I am trying to keep calm about it.

Diablo 3 has never been a cash cow of Blizzard and I think the reason they did this is to help fund the franchise. Sure they can have this game on mobile and you can pay $5 for a pet or something every once in a while. If they do that though then there should be a way to get pets in the game. Like WoW is that all the shop items are completely visual only and provides no ingame advantage is the only acceptable form of microtransaction that I see for this mobile game. Anything else would be unacceptable for the Diablo community. This game is already unacceptable as it stands but their are depths that mobile games can go that the community will definitely not follow.

Blizzard sells a token that lets players skip the entire game. That's not just "visual" only. After the fuss the company made about players "skipping content," I find this . . . let's just say, amusing.
"omg a game company made a game thats not for me on a platform i dont like! how dare they use the IP i dont own for that!"

if they think D4 will be profitable they will make it. as long as WoW is profitable they will release expacs.

this is just like fallout 76. trying to corner an emerging gaming niche doesnt mean they wont make fallout 5.
"Blizzard is ruining Diablo" is like the phrase "Zynga is ruining Farmville."

Who cares? it's just Diablo
11/04/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Dethpandemic
this is just like fallout 76. trying to corner an emerging gaming niche doesnt mean they wont make fallout 5.
It almost guaranteed does mean there will be a delay, due to resource limitations, on a new game (d4, fallout 5, etc).
11/04/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Velara
Blizzard sells a token that lets players skip the entire game. That's not just "visual" only. After the fuss the company made about players "skipping content," I find this . . . let's just say, amusing.

True. Players can pay for a level boost but it doesn't get them all the way to max. It doesn't put epics in their hands. It doesn't give you all the achievements from completing content you skipped over. I hate the boost token too but lets just say its not that bad as it could have been. Only reason they did this is because of level inflation. If they don't want to take the token down then I would say raise the price to $100. De-incentivize laziness. Just my 2 coppers.

Don't use logic the internet is not a place for that
11/04/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Realmweaver
11/04/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Velara

True players can pay for a level boost but it doesn't get them all the way to max. It doesn't put epics in their hands. It doesn't give you all the achievements from completing content you skipped over. I hate the boost token too but lets just say its not that bad as it could have been. Only reason they did this is because of level inflation. If they don't want to take the token down then I would say raise the price to $100. De-incentivize laziness. Just my 2 coppers.

It's a slippery slope and Blizzard's taken a large step onto it.

Mobile Diablo will be monetized with a cash shop because that is what Netease does. LOL. Then, it's on to mobile WoW.
So Blizzard is no longer the company you want them to be. Its been going this way slowly since the Activision take over.

I got over this years ago. If a game is good, I'll buy it. Don't care who the developer is anymore.

There's plenty of Blizzard games I'm not interested in.
Its not even a new game its just a reskin on an existing mobile game. I forget the name if it. Healsonbabyface had it on one of his you tube videos.
"omg a game company made a game thats not for me on a platform i dont like! how dare they use the IP i dont own for that!"

if they think D4 will be profitable they will make it. as long as WoW is profitable they will release expacs.

Bethesda announce their mobile game together with fallout 4, mean while blizzard announce only their mobile game.

Secondly fallout 76 is PC game, people are willing to try it since it a new multiplayer and not a mobile game.
they saw the reaction to the C&C rivals trailer and thought theirs would be different.
11/04/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Velara

True players can pay for a level boost but it doesn't get them all the way to max. It doesn't put epics in their hands. It doesn't give you all the achievements from completing content you skipped over. I hate the boost token too but lets just say its not that bad as it could have been. Only reason they did this is because of level inflation. If they don't want to take the token down then I would say raise the price to $100. De-incentivize laziness. Just my 2 coppers.

It's a slippery slope and Blizzard's taken a large step onto it.

Mobile Diablo will be monetized with a cash shop because that is what Netease does. LOL. Then, it's on to mobile WoW.

I am a Warcraft and Diablo fan. Those are my games I play. A mobile WoW? Garbage and I would probably never play it but if the company needs to sell out on the side to make more/better content for WoW then whatever. Same with Diablo Immortal. Even if the game is complete garbage to true fans then least it can milk the non-fans for their money to make the games we really want. Honestly I have yet to see a trash game come from Blizzard so I am confident that we will see a game that we will enjoy. At the very least in the short term while we wait for Diablo 4. Diablo 4 is what everyone wants. I am thinking this is just to hold us over until they have something more to announce. A D4 logo would have been enough for me at Blizzcon but announcing too early can have negative effects to a release reception if it doesn't live up to the hype.
You can't beat stupid and thats why Immortal will make buck.
Moblie games cheapten establiahed IPs period