Why is classic fourms so violent/angry ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
i actually hope Blizzard is keeping track of those who admit they play on private servers for some later giggles.

Did you actually read anything on what they had to do, to make Classic work on their modern infrastructure? Or do you just need to endlessly complain?

This is quite the feat they are doing to effectively take a step backwards. I mean, they had to completely recode hunters for christ sake.

We can still need on everything right....riiight?

The sad thing is people who weren't there will think you are joking :)
A lot of them I bet are those wanting it for free because they got it free on the "other" servers and knowing before this happened they all said to Blizzard that they would pay anything to play now going to be charged want to take it back.
11/04/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Ikethespike
what is really funny is that if they did play Vanilla, it would mean that most of these angry immature people are over the age of 30.

Nah what's funny is how many people are calling them immature children while being the same exact thing they're calling them, honestly.
11/04/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Ramßø
Why pay any money a month for a old engine? They should barley have to pay for the classic game itself since its not even remastered visually.

Lets face it you could play a private server of classic FOR FREE.... but yeah here buy our oldest game and pay monthly, with 0 visual changes to it.

It's funny that people like you seriously though blizzard was going to give you classic for free.

Grow up.
11/04/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Chikishi
It's because it's the classic forums. Someone gave them what they asked for, and now they are enraged.

Seriously, it's pathetic. One of the best examples of entitled whining I have ever seen.

Well, the thing is, Blizzard didn't beat the enrage timer...
I went over their and boy people called me nothing but casual noob and loser becuse I said I liked Retail which I love despite its few problems.

Sincerly

Clasmenethil
You went to a forum, that is meant for those that have been asking for, finally are getting, and are eager for an older version of the game, just to tell them you like retail, because you love retail?

What did you expect in return? Them to crown you their king, or "respect you"?
haa just don't ask anyone if its possible to still farm Azerite in classic, their heads would spin off
The more devout a gamer the more the emotional they become over games. Many boys and men who think like boys have troubles managing their feelings.
11/04/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Legionkiller
A lot of them I bet are those wanting it for free because they got it free on the "other" servers and knowing before this happened they all said to Blizzard that they would pay anything to play now going to be charged want to take it back.

There’s one guy over there, I honestly can’t remember his name because all of his posts get 404’d, that was willing to pay anything for a full classic until blizzard announced the full classic. Now that guy thinks it’s ridiculous to pay for classic since “it’s a 14 year old game we should get for free” and “16 debuffs makes class unplayable, wtf blizz”.

Fastest about face I’ve seen on the forums.
11/05/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Espanyolo
11/04/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Legionkiller

There’s one guy over there, I honestly can’t remember his name because all of his posts get 404’d, that was willing to pay anything for a full classic until blizzard announced the full classic. Now that guy thinks it’s ridiculous to pay for classic since “it’s a 14 year old game we should get for free” and “16 debuffs makes class unplayable, wtf blizz”.

Fastest about face I’ve seen on the forums.
I'm not going to lie, I was one of those "I will pay anything" people, but I still stand by that, and I was ready to be paying $60 per month for WoW ($15 times two for modern WoW, AND times two for classic). I have no issues with it being part of sub fee for modern WoW.

I'm going to wait and see how it turns out come summer of next year, but yeah, people like the one you're talking about give the rest of us a bad rep. I've said it many times, and I'll keep saying it until classic comes out: I started playing WoW only during the tail-end of TBC (last patch before the WOTLK pre-patch I believe), and never got a chance to play or experience the game for myself before TBC came out.
11/04/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Clasmenethil
I went over their and boy people called me nothing but casual noob and loser becuse I said I liked Retail which I love despite its few problems.

What is causing these classic people to be so agressive and mean and also cheap I noticed alot of them dont want to pay 15 bucks a month and think they should only pay 3-6 bucks a month.

Any help would be appreciated

Sincerly

Clasmenethil

None of this sounds legit to me, but I'll take a stab at it.

Classic vs. Retail has been a thing ever since Classic was announced. I completely don't get it at all, but BOTH sides of the argument feel a raging need to put the other side down. You can search through every forum on GD or Classic Forums and see this. The rage goes BOTH ways without a doubt.

To me, they're 2 different games, and I'll be playing both. Everybody seems to care if you're going to play Classic or not, but no one is raging if you say you're going to play WC3 remastered. I don't get it.
11/04/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Asglarek
You obviously never played on Nostalrius Begins it was near perfection I'd even go as far as saying it was a better classic client than Blizzards
I played on several of the private servers, none of them were vanilla, all/most incorporated various QoL improvements, to include accelerated leveling. Pretty sure Nostalrius was one of them. Many of these purists, are in for a rude awakening when they're faced with the real thing.

That said, the classic community is such a distasteful, toxic bunch, I'll take a hard pass on playing with them. If this is the "community", I want no part of them.
Some of you are very weak if you consider the classic forum is "violent".
Maybe because you went to a forum of something that you DON'T support, simply to get in their face? You know, be a troll. I am not surprised that they chased you out of there! lol

WoW Classic enthusiasts held on for fourteen years to experience what they love again. That is not just a casual interest. Classic are a tough bunch. Don't mess with them :)
Well it comes with the standard sub, so it doesn't matter to me. It wasn't like I was going to quit the current game anyways just to play classic. I really enjoyed it but I doubt it will stand up to the fond memories I had of it.
One person calls you out and you make a blanket statement calling them all aggressive? The individuals that do this, need to STOP grouping people up for their convenience.
Ironic that this is posted in General... you all should open your eyes and stop pretending that everything smells like roses here.
Did anyone actually think it would be free? I mean, seriously? You'd have to be living in lalaland to think that. The work required to get it ready for play would be very costly, and it has to be maintained.

I was surprised there wasn't a separate fee on top of the normal wow subscription; the fact that it's included as part of our current sub is very generous. And if people don't want to play live, just Classic, no one is forcing them to. They can pay their sub as if they were just paying for Classic and entirely ignore all those other buttons on the screen.

It seems to me that sometimes a certain type of person will just look for things to complain about, purely to make a noise.