Stop Nerfing the original racials...

General Discussion
Gamer's we need to Rise Up and not fall prey to this
Human EMFH Super Nerf
Belf Super Nerf
Troll 5% nerf

we get it you want us to play the new Allied races
How's the tin foil hat feeling mate?
They nerfed my racial a number of times over the years to it being nearly useless. Escape artist used to be great... now it's a joke. And they started killing it almost 10 years ago.

(puts out a little tray of cookies in favor of balanced racial abilities)
The racials were nerfed also because they were unbalanced.
or

or

OR

bear with me here

Berserking was too good and has needed to be nerfed since before mop, and so was arcane torrent
how about every race gets an "OP" racial?
11/05/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Drezwazluz
How's the tin foil hat feeling mate?

It's not a tinfoil hat if they're really doing it, which they are.

What I don't get is why Blizzard always has to nerf good things, instead of just buffing or fixing the bad things.
Give alliance equal racials, it's not that hard to do, and it should have been done in the first place. Humans and Orcs same racials different names, Dwarfs and Trolls same racials etc.
Instead they add all these different racials they cant even balance the specs because the racials are a hot mess.
Berserking is still the most OP racial and the nerf wasn't enough to change that. Belves' is still strong given the way they designed the game.
11/05/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Mugino
Human EMFH Super Nerf
Belf Super Nerf
Troll 5% nerf

The Belf "Super Nerf" is what allows horde mythic raiders to laugh at Zul so effortlessly since they can kill the flesh beasts and save precious mana to not purge/mass dispel them and precious dps by players not moving.

Trolls have been incredibly op with their haste racial for a long time.

The ORIGINAL Human racial was Perception, which allowed you to see Stealth from a much further distance.

The Current EMFH is a little buggy and way too situational for removing a stun in a pve environment (otherwise perfect in pvp).

They don't WANT you to play the new Allied Races per se like you are mentioning. They want you to play them because you liked them and did the work to unlock them.

They want to bring certain races in line with and level out the playing field because the min/maxers are doing just that. It is one of the bigger reasons that the raiding and M+ scene is so borked.
Racial were a mistake from the beginning. Ghost crawler said if he could do it over they wouldn't have the impact that they do and I 100% agree. In Rift race was almost completely cosmetic with minor out of combat racial nuances. It was nice being able to play whatever.

In vanilla especially if you are going to give a race WOTF fear immunity + break then of course horde pvp players will roll that race. And dwarves being the only priest race with fear ward. Most alliance priests played dwarf.

Everyman free pvp trinket and blood elf aoe silence was another blunder of poorly balanced racials. Now we have to deal with bloods elves changed racial trivilizing mechanics like Zuls adds cause they get a free aoe dispel while a priest has to dump ton of mana into a 45 second CD mass dispel or multiple players pick them off single target. As an alliance holy priest on heroic Zul I always end up dumping over 50k mana into dispels (15-20 dispels)

The troll/orc racials being superior to alliance for PvE progression completely destroyed the alliance progression recruitment as every major guild went horde. Now all top guilds are established as horde and alliance can not compete. This had led to worse imbalance overy time as players follow the trend.

Every pvp advantage matters and every PvE advantage matters. The way racials were implemented was a mistake, but they started down this path in 2004 and they can't just undo it all so easily. Instead they continuously and slowly nerf/change racials over time.

I'd have more respect if they just chose an expansion to remove active racial abilities but the public backlash would be so extreme it would make the flying ordeal look trivial
More like get rid of ALL racials. No point to them.
Stwor has mirror racials, both sides have exactly the same racials, guess what? No incessant whining about OP racials or faction bias on those forums period. Sith side tends to be better at pvp, but not because of racials :) Just attract people more into pvp.
11/05/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Tsavis
What I don't get is why Blizzard always has to nerf good things, instead of just buffing or fixing the bad things.
Give alliance equal racials, it's not that hard to do, and it should have been done in the first place. Humans and Orcs same racials different names, Dwarfs and Trolls same racials etc.
Instead they add all these different racials they cant even balance the specs because the racials are a hot mess.

The racials aren't crazy imbalanced, though. Berserking is strong for most specs, so even though it's not by a massive margin, it's too widespread at the top.

Torrent has too much use in M+.

11/05/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Averyx
Berserking is still the most OP racial and the nerf wasn't enough to change that. Belves' is still strong given the way they designed the game

Berserking isn't op though. Like at all. Compared to other races, it's never far ahead, always well under a 1% difference. It just is towards the top for too many specs.

11/05/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Seebach
The Belf "Super Nerf" is what allows horde mythic raiders to laugh at Zul so effortlessly since they can kill the flesh beasts and save precious mana to not purge/mass dispel them and precious dps by players not moving

So you don't raid mythic, like at all? Not even going to bother opening your armory, I'm right aren't I?

Zul mythic isn't a joke because of BE racials, Jesus. It's not a serious mechanic. The fight is a joke because of rogues, and that's literally it.

11/05/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Seebach
Trolls have been incredibly op with their haste racial for a long time

It's not op though. And hasn't been, SINCE MoP. you're outdated.
11/05/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Mugino
Human EMFH Super Nerf
Belf Super Nerf
Troll 5% nerf

I was playing trolls back when we had the worst racials on the horde, id still be playing trolls if they had those same racials today.
Why does it matter? Isn't the Horde narrative that racials don't matter and the only difference between factions is skill?
Can I get a racial that works in PvE please? All of my other non-Gnome character have one.
They might as well just delete them altogether. They've already deleted half of the meaningful things in this game... why not add racials to the list?
I don't know with the nerf to berserking and arcane torrent, I see many folks braving the storm, Now when the Kul'Tirans come out pvp wise they are looking decent for racials over the Zandalar. It wouldn't surprise me if this is some way of trying to get horde to go alliance to even out the odds.
11/05/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Gávilar
Why does it matter? Isn't the Horde narrative that racials don't matter and the only difference between factions is skill?

Yes.

11/05/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Leafmealone
I don't know with the nerf to berserking and arcane torrent, I see many folks braving the storm, Now when the Kul'Tirans come out pvp wise they are looking decent for racials over the Zandalar. It wouldn't surprise me if this is some way of trying to get horde to go alliance to even out the odds

There are no current top players staying horde for the racials in PvE. This will not change anything.
11/05/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Drezwazluz
It's not op though. And hasn't been, SINCE MoP. you're outdated.

You being mad doesn't make blizzard wrong for fixing a problem.

So you don't raid mythic, like at all? Not even going to bother opening your armory, I'm right aren't I?

This more has to do with the almost non existent amount of alliance guilds clearing mythic. There are many factors being played here, but one of the reasons is also because of the blood elf racial making Zul even easier despite Rogues.

Again, you being mad doesn't make what I'm saying wrong. I appreciate your input, but you are letting your bias cloud your judgment.