Why do people care about low level BGs

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 7 Next
I dont understand why people hate on twinks so much when you really only deal with them a fraction of time played. It seems like its just a bunch of people complaining about nothing. I mean with how fast leveling is you pretty much only spend a few hours in each bracket. Once you get out of the 19-49 brackets I think classes are pretty balanced. I just dont understand why people are so against people in low level BGs having good gear but are perfectly fine strolling into a BG at 120 in leveling greens with 70k health and getting blown up by a ilvl 380 DPS with 145k health.

Last time I checked the purpose of MMOs was to get better gear. Maybe I am crazy but if you didnt want to get killed by another player then dont queue for PvP. So it just baffles me that people who understand that MMOs are a gear grind would queue for PvP knowing they are going to probably run into someone with better gear that kills them. However when the expected result happens they still come to the forums anyways in order to complain. Just seems silly to complain about the game design when its working as intended and by that I mean people get gear and then go to BGs in order to PvP.
Some people are new to the game, so it's part of their primary content.

Once you get out of the 19-49 brackets I think classes are pretty balanced.

Did you mean the battlegrounds were reasonably balanced? Because classes are definitely not balanced, even at 120.
Bottom line is because it violates some people’s sense of fair play. Other folks don’t see it as a big deal and believe part of the game is taking an asswhipping from time to time.

If Connor McGregor showed up at your local strip mall tae kwon do studio and started smacking around the little kids with their purple belts, some people would get annoyed while others would laugh and think it was funny.
They want easy xp for minimal effort.
11/05/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Zinj
Bottom line is because it violates some people’s sense of fair play. Other folks don’t see it as a big deal and believe part of the game is taking an asswhipping from time to time.

If Connor McGregor showed up at your local strip mall tae kwon do studio and started smacking around the little kids with their purple belts, some people would get annoyed while others would laugh and think it was funny.

Using the logic they love using... those kids with their purple belts have access to gyms and steroids. It is 100% their fault if Conor beats them if they are not willing to make the effort to be equal.
1) there are new players to the game and getting railroaded by twinks shouldn't be their first exposure to pvp when the previous separate bracket system seemed to work just fine; especially when the pvp community is already experiencing enough problems, it doesn't need fewer people getting turned off right out the gate

2) some people get tired of questing/dungeoning and want to change things up with a bg; twinks aren't the gatekeepers to whether or not non-twinks should enjoy that option

twinks seem to only want to dunk on non-twinks. if that wasn't the case, they'd be fine with going back to the separate brackets and playing within their communities
11/05/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Yarrow
Some people are new to the game, so it's part of their primary content.

Once you get out of the 19-49 brackets I think classes are pretty balanced.

Did you mean the battlegrounds were reasonably balanced? Because classes are definitely not balanced, even at 120.

what i meant was certain brackets have classes that are vastly overpowered compared to other brackets. The middle brackets seem to be the most balanced from what I have noticed playing through on a few Alts.

11/05/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Corpseworth
1) there are new players to the game and getting railroaded by twinks shouldn't be their first exposure to pvp when the previous separate bracket system seemed to work just fine; especially when the pvp community is already experiencing enough problems, it doesn't need fewer people getting turned off right out the gate

2) some people get tired of questing/dungeoning and want to change things up with a bg; twinks aren't the gatekeepers to whether or not non-twinks should enjoy that option

twinks seem to only want to dunk on non-twinks. if that wasn't the case, they'd be fine with going back to the separate brackets and playing within their communities

If they picked Alliance they miight as well get used to being steamrolled. I dont see why getting wrecked at level 18 is any different than getting wrecked at level 120. Also your second point implies they have some gear at least. Anyone in dungeon blues with heirlooms isnt going to instantly explode once a twink attacks them. If anything they lose because these people have chosen to turn exp off and have more experience playing their class at that level. Someone whos been playing a class for years at level 39 or 49 is going to outplay someone whos been playing their class for a few days regardless of how much gear they have.
11/05/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Älíleí
If they picked Alliance they miight as well get used to being steamrolled.

non-argument

11/05/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Älíleí
I dont see why getting wrecked at level 18 is any different than getting wrecked at level 120. Also your second point implies they have some gear at least. Anyone in dungeon blues with heirlooms isnt going to instantly explode once a twink attacks them. If anything they lose because these people have chosen to turn exp off and have more experience playing their class at that level. Someone whos been playing a class for years at level 39 or 49 is going to outplay someone whos been playing their class for a few days regardless of how much gear they have.

the gear gap and lack of balancing/concern for anything below level cap consolidates the problems to another level

playing longer is one thing, having blues is another, but being pit against players who's sole goal in that bracket is to min-max and eff you up to the point where 2/3rds+ of the rest of the bg aren't having any fun and usually can't even do anything (even the people on the twink's team, potentially, since they don't get to do much) is just egregious and selfish

if you really need to min-max, fight other min-maxers and really test your ability to twink. people are just diggin their heels in because wrecking people is a guilty pleasure they don't want to cop to

edit:
what's more it seems to me you can't compare the gap from a leveler-twink to an undergeared-geared max level. the max levels seem much closer in comparison to the twink-non-twink. at the very least, i don't usually see max level people tripling the KBs/Damage like twinks do, sure sometimes it happens, but not nearly as much as when twinking is involved
11/05/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Corpseworth

what's more it seems to me you can't compare the gap from a leveler-twink to an undergeared-geared max level. the max levels seem much closer in comparison to the twink-non-twink. at the very least, i don't usually see max level people tripling the KBs/Damage like twinks do, sure sometimes it happens, but not nearly as much as when twinking is involved

so someone with 70k health is going to be able to compete with everyone else that has 140k health? i dont think so.
11/05/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Älíleí
so someone with 70k health is going to be able to compete with everyone else that has 140k health? i dont think so.

Have you not played max level bgs? Not saying they are going to destroy the dmg/healing and go 20-0 but they definitely can compete more than other expansions where "gear mattered."
11/05/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Jugajr

Have you not played max level bgs? Not saying they are going to destroy the dmg/healing and go 20-0 but they definitely can compete more than other expansions where "gear mattered."

^

Another slice of the pie are that at max level, I've never see someone camp a GY and emote people.

everyone else in max bg's arent twinks. no matter how you sugar coat it twinks twink for EZ mode they want to feel like they are good so much like a bully in school they pick on the weakest Ive noticed in bg's when twinks are on different teams they avoid each other so they can kill lowbies.
what's more it seems to me you can't compare the gap from a leveler-twink to an undergeared-geared max level. the max levels seem much closer in comparison to the twink-non-twink

10/25/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Willybrown
10/22/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Willybrown

Here are some images to compare the stat differences within the 39 bracket.
This system is the same all the way up the lower brackets.
https://imgur.com/a/jKMmGJF
Notice the tiny increment of stats?

Here is another image comparing some 120 stat differences.
https://imgur.com/a/nuGsrLQ
Interesting stat difference here.

The gearing system for lower levels is amazingly balanced as the numbers show.
Overtuned items, gems, specs are a separate argument, which Blizzard needs to address. And yet all of the above are easy to obtain by any active player.

Fact: Gearing is indeed at its most balanced mathematically for lower levels.

Compare for science.

Here is the gap for those who are unaware.
Never within the history of this game has gear/items have been this mathematically/statistically balanced within the brackets.
11/05/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Greyhide

Another slice of the pie are that at max level, I've never see someone camp a GY and emote people.

A 14 year old account that hasn't reached 5000 honorable kills does not have the correct sample size for this comparison.
11/05/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Greyhide
at max level, I've never see someone camp a GY and emote people.

How solid does this sound?
Have you not played max level bgs?

this question is twink kryptonite

which is a problem that needs fixing. in the past PvP was better when we actually had PvP gear. They need to brink back the resilience stat and make people PvP for gear. you should NEVER have to PvE in order to PvP.
you are misinterpreting what Juga is saying. They're actually saying that someone with "70k hp" can actually compete in BGs much better than entry-level toons of previous expansions, not at all implying that things need to change to old systems.

11/05/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Älíleí
you should NEVER have to PvE in order to PvP

11/05/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Älíleí
Just seems silly to complain about the game design when its working as intended and by that I mean people get gear and then go to BGs in order to PvP.

when will twinks get their argument straight
11/05/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Älíleí
you should NEVER have to PvE in order to PvP.

now that's something we can agree on