Rerolling from Retribution to Holy

Paladin
Every stat prioritization guide that I read from Method all the way down to the standard no juice trashadin on here all leave out if Crit overpowers mastery. I took a twenty five point I level downgrade from 375 to 350ish just to be viable in parties and I do not regret my decision. That said is crit the more predominant stat for a holy paladin and also what is a good threshold to have it around. Thanks in advance.
Critical is way better than mastery. Every holy shock critical procs infusion of light, which buffs either your FoL or Holy light. Furthermore, critical doesn't care how far you are from the target, so it's value doesn't go down depending on positioning.

While mastery numerically is a strong stat, the fact that it's range related means it's very possible you can waste it's strength.
Side note: waiting to see if/when haste lvls get high enough to make awakening/crusaders might/DP a viable route by using LoD so often your wing uptime shoots through the roof.
11/05/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Vaerume
Critical is way better than mastery. Every holy shock critical procs infusion of light, which buffs either your FoL or Holy light. Furthermore, critical doesn't care how far you are from the target, so it's value doesn't go down depending on positioning.

While mastery numerically is a strong stat, the fact that it's range related means it's very possible you can waste it's strength.

Thank you for the enlightening information and I will be sure to apply it.
11/05/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Vaerume
Side note: waiting to see if/when haste lvls get high enough to make awakening/crusaders might/DP a viable route by using LoD so often your wing uptime shoots through the roof.

This sounds like a blast.

Mixed with a few key azerite traits this could bring back shockadin in a real way.
Int is better than crit or mastery, so I wouldnt be taking huge ilvl downgrades to switch. But if you are comparing JUST crit to mastery on say a ring, yes, crit is better. Im pretty sure mastery is one of our worst stats
11/06/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Wetrobrute
11/05/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Vaerume

This sounds like a blast.

Mixed with a few key azerite traits this could bring back shockadin in a real way.

I did that style early on and it was good until I got into higher content. Then the build simply falls behind and gets even worse if you hit a bad string of rng.

I still play a shockadin style once in awhile. But I run triple crusader strike azerite traits and maintain the usual build of CM, HA and SW. With hero pop and sitting at 10 stacks prior to a boss pull I can push over 20k dps and sustain it for roughly 15 seconds in an opening. Usually nets me anywhere from 250-350k damage done in that window.

Talking CS crits for around 20-25k dmg and judge and shocks also hitting at that range with consecration getting decent ticks. It puts out way more damage than the melee wings build by far but it requires you to burn your precious healing cd's to do it.

Outside of that you can maintain a normal 7-8k dps with weaving in cs hits and judge/shocks into the target if you wish to save your cd's for life and death situations.

I usually only swap to that gear now during outside questing if I don't go prot. Now that I've finally got our group to start pushing past 10+ keys I no longer get to toss my cds away for extra damage anymore or use traits like that in an attempt to speed the run up. keeping people alive and my self out of danger now trumps the extra damage.

I still weave in my cs's for reduced cd on my shock/LOD but it's just not the same anymore. Our lack of healing options outside of virtue is truly disgusting and LOD still leaves a bad taste in my mouth with how it's designed and how little it effectively heals for.