Out of Touch

General Discussion
Remember when everyone was hyped that the weekly cache could drop up to 3 items? We found out after opening the cache that it was just one item. This is exactly the same thing that happened with the mobile announcement.

Either they are so out of touch with their fanbase or they don't care. I really hope this improves.
Everything improves when subs start falling.
11/06/2018 04:03 AMPosted by Smadinker
Everything improves when subs start falling.

We can only hope
I've been playing WoW since 2005 and never have I felt more betrayed by Blizzard than when they announced to die hard Diablo fans that, after years of waiting in the dark, they'd be seeing the next big thing strictly on mobile devices.

That hurts. And that's disrespectful to the Blizzard fan base. And they lazily ripped the concept of the mobile game from another existing mobile game. And for what? Less work, more money? We all need to be real and realize that mobile gaming's main use is to get as much money as possible and quickly.

Huge disrespect. Blizzard needs to stop saying they're listening and that they like our feedback when it's so obviously not true.
I really think they are just out of touch with their fan base. They had the three piece azerite cache that would ensure we get an azerite piece and not tell anyone after we find out the horrible truth? That's what happened at Blizzcon.

I wonder how absent next Blizzcon will be. That's a huge drop in revenue there.
Hey! I said hey!
What happens in next expansion when azerite no longer needed? We have one with no sword need and lost all abilities. Then we have anther where neck, chest, shoulder, helm probably lose all abilities. I do not know. Could there be a possibility that there is train wreck coming. that no one see?

Well back to drinking.
This is what happens when you live and work in an echo chamber. Blizz seem to be so totally disconnected from their player base that they can no longer even tell who to hype their products at. You can't pitch a product like Diablo at Blizzcon for an entirely different audience without leading with something for the people that are standing right in front of you. And you think they'll notice something small like caches?
I don't want Blizzard touching me.
The other day, I ordered a hamburger from Wendy's, and they messed up and put onions on it.

I felt so betrayed.

Wendy's is so disconnected from their fan base.
By itself, I have no problem with the mobile game. It'll probably make them bank, and it may be great for people who like mobile games, who knows?

What is jaw dropping to me is how they announce it at Blizzcon to their most hardcore fans, 99% of who are PC gamers, when the gaming community generally despises mobile games. These are people who paid a lot of money to go there, hoping for a full fledged new Diablo game (or even a remake of D1/D2), and they basically spit on them, telling them they're making a game that 90% of that audience will never play.

They deserve every bit of backlash they get from this. We can only hope now that they learn from their mistakes.
11/06/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Awkaran
I've been playing WoW since 2005 and never have I felt more betrayed by Blizzard than when they announced to die hard Diablo fans that, after years of waiting in the dark, they'd be seeing the next big thing strictly on mobile devices.

That hurts. And that's disrespectful to the Blizzard fan base. And they lazily ripped the concept of the mobile game from another existing mobile game. And for what? Less work, more money? We all need to be real and realize that mobile gaming's main use is to get as much money as possible and quickly.

Huge disrespect. Blizzard needs to stop saying they're listening and that they like our feedback when it's so obviously not true.

most of the die hard diablo fans gave up on blizzard a few days after the diablo 3 release.
11/06/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Flappydrood
By itself, I have no problem with the mobile game. It'll probably make them bank, and it may be great for people who like mobile games, who knows?

What is jaw dropping to me is how they announce it at Blizzcon to their most hardcore fans, 99% of who are PC gamers, when the gaming community generally despises mobile games. These are people who paid a lot of money to go there, hoping for a full fledged new Diablo game (or even a remake of D1/D2), and they basically spit on them, telling them they're making a game that 90% of that audience will never play.

They deserve every bit of backlash they get from this. We can only hope now that they learn from their mistakes.

You're right. It's a huge oversight.

They should have announced that thing everybody wanted rather than that thing they were working on.
11/06/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Comedy
most of the die hard diablo fans gave up on blizzard a few days after the diablo 3 release

They took the rpg out of it. It was dumbed down for console ports.
11/06/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Abassyn
The other day, I ordered a hamburger from Wendy's, and they messed up and put onions on it.

I felt so betrayed.

Wendy's is so disconnected from their fan base.

This is more like ordering a triple stack baconator deluxe only to unwrap a one stack baconator with no bacon.