Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

• We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.
    Fat Mages here we come!

*Conjures Bakery*
    ok
    11/06/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Shado
    Fat Mages here we come!
    Seems like some people spent a little too much time at the mage table, amirite?
    Those manabuns.
    Incoming QQ.
    LET ME BE FAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#Fatpally
    K
    Thanks for clarifying
    aw but Zandalari had something called demoniac on wowikki, that sounds like a cross between warlock and demon hunter

oh well...
    11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
    Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.

Well, here comes the rage....
    Thanks a lot Ythisens!.

I was hoping Zandalari would be Warlocks instead of monks given that many warlocks seem to be interested after the initial announcement , also the fact that demoniacs were a thing in lore while Zandalari were enemies of the monks. I just feel it's weird, but well, it happens

In the KT front this is a nice win.
    communication is good.
    Thanks for the update. It was very jarring thinking the leader of Kul Tiras was a mage but Kul Tirans couldn't play mages.
    Well, I suppose some Zandalari fans might be upset to learn they can't be warlocks, but it's great to have the mage thing fixed. I mean, Kul Tiran's not being mages made zero sense even if Jaina weren't a mage.
    Thanks for clarification, I think there was a lot of confusion going on!
    Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated. Always good to know what all available options are.
    11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
    Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac
    ?

I'm glad Kul Tirans can be Mages but the lore for Zandalari Warlocks has been in the game since Vanilla.
    11/06/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Woodspath
    This wasn't an error in communication. You just realized after the fact that your judgment was a bit lacking and so you changed some things.

I remember when you were a happy gnome
    Not a small oversight.