Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 26 Next
When will you fix the Big mistake that is BFA?
Kind of amazing how bad a dev team we have atm. Can’t even seem to get the simple things right. Let’s alone fix the mess they created with bfa expansion.
11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.

Zandalari Demoniacs, as mentioned in this post already. It is not necessarily a fel magic connection but it is a demonic connection.

Also, there was even Zandalari Demoniac gear used BY Warlocks in original Zul'Gurub. If you don't want to visit Wowhead, I quoted a tooltip below the link.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=19849/zandalar-demoniacs-mantle#same-model-as

Zandalar Demoniac's Mantle
Item Level 58
Binds when picked up
Shoulder Cloth
8 Armor
+6 Intellect
+17 Stamina
Durability 100 / 100
Classes: Warlock
I think the news that I can't be a new Warlock sucks, but I appreciate that once you made the decision you posted it here, so people wouldn't be disappointed and confused at the release.

Thanks.
Gnome paladins and druids?
RIP

Had been looking forward to swapping my Warlock to Zandalari. Guess Horde Warlocks are just SOL unless they want to be Nightborne.
We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

• We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

WHO THE HELL PROOF READS YOUR BOLOGNA
    11/06/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Kalgromash
    yay hopefully I can make a thin kultiran mage ;D

A human mage then?
    11/06/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Xoja
    Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.

It's okay, Warlocks are used to having things taken away.

It hurts....

God I really wanted to be a Zandalari Warlock, been waiting so long to get shut down.
    11/06/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Cirno
    11/06/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Xeldra
    I'm not sure that kind of attitude is really necessary, nor a good idea to direct to your customers. The customer bought the service based on information Blizz provided and was excited about the game. Yet, that's the attitude you direct toward him/her?

What attitude? Ythisens has a point, Zandalari are a long way off, why pay for the service already? And they apologized for the inconvenience.

Feels like you're just looking for an offense.
    Nope. Try again zero achievement shill.
    We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

• We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

Oh, surprise surprise, the alliance whined, and you gave them mages. What a surprise. Showing your alliance bias there, blizzard.
    11/06/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Shunrei
    11/06/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Nearo
    Remove Monk for both Zandalar & Kul Tiran, and give us Warlock & Paladin respectively.

How about don't remove options and just add the two classes?

True enough.
    A Demoniac is not a Warlock. At all. It's closer to a Demon Hunter, and it's not even that.
    11/06/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack
    11/06/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Xeldra
    ...I'm not sure that kind of attitude is really necessary, nor a good idea to direct to your customers. The customer bought the service based on information Blizz provided and was excited about the game. Yet, that's the attitude you direct toward him/her?

Are you wearing that stupid hat to hide your 'I want to speak to your manager' haircut?
    Does it make you feel important to defend poor customer service? That’s interesting.
    as has been posted earlier

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

the zandalari did deal in fel.
    Doesn't a race having mages AND shaman mean there would be 2 routes to become warlocks? Where are my Kul Tiran locks? :(
    11/06/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Aijomi
    A Demoniac is not a Warlock. At all. It's closer to a Demon Hunter, and it's not even that.

you could make an argument that grimoire of sacrifice is similar to what demoniacs did.

but the dev didn't say that it's not a warlock, they said that zandalari have no connection to fel, and that's NOT true.
    #HordeBias
    11/06/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Banshis
    11/06/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Xoja

It's okay, Warlocks are used to having things taken away.

It hurts....

God I really wanted to be a Zandalari Warlock, been waiting so long to get shut down.

Zandalari Warlock was a possibility for me even though I don't normally play Horde nowadays.

So disappointing.
    11/06/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Khoomei
    11/06/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Khoomei
    Zandalari invented Demon Hunters: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

Thanks for the clarification though, Yth. So long as Zandalari can be Paladins, all remains right with the world ;)

They really shouldn't be able to though I get that horde need more paladins but they also really shouldn't have any in the first place...