Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
11/06/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Hornfu
So are you going to fix current issue with alliance having more class than horde?

You mean like how Horde had one more combo from cata until legion?

wasn't an issue back then.
11/06/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Takiyanti
11/06/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Lothain
While leveling, I didn't see a single Zandalari or Kul'tiran Warlock.

There is no Fel Magic praticioners in those factions. Zero.

The only reference I found was for some Zandalari Demoniac, ANCIENT Zandalari Demoniac, long dead and almost forgotten. And some itens that Warlocks could get from the Zandalari guys in Stranglethorn.

But that's it. It's as forgotten as a Night Elf Warlock. Sure, there were some in the past, summoning the Burning Legion and all, but they are gone. Demoniacs (who are more similar to a DH than a Warlock) are gone too.

If the Horde wants Troll Warlocks, the Darkspear are there for you.

And yet we spend the whole xpac, Horde side, dealing with Zandalari running around, making pacts with dark and evil powers, sacrificing other entities they've made pacts with for power, casting curses, the whole shebang. Sounds awfully like warlocks to me. Sure, they may not be actively worshiping the legion, but we also know that not all classes are 1:1 with their other racial counterparts.

Tauren Paladins are not paladins like other paladins, they don't worship the light, they are crusaders for the Earth Mother. Kul Tiran shaman aren't 1:1 shaman like Orcs. They revere the ocean, and a lot of their power comes from that reverence, but Kul Tiran shaman is just a tidesage. Troll druids are followers of the teachings of Cenarius like Night Elves. They instead gain their druidic powers from the loa, and use their powers as a way of paying respect to all the loa at once, as shown to them by the loa Gonk.

I'd argue that Zandalari, with their demoniacs in the past, and continual lusting for power, should be warlocks.

Big difference.

Warlocks do it for power, and power alone.
Those Zandalari venerating G'huum? They were Priests. They do it because their deity says so. And there's no Fel magic involved, only Shadow.

They are way more similar to Twilight Hammer Cultists (who are usually Shadow Priests, Shamans - religious classes) than Warlocks.

Playable warlocks aren't religious.
How about just getting rid of class restrictions and let people play the race and class they want to play? Yall have screwed the lore up so bad, so at this point it does not ,matter
I am disappointed beyond words that Zandalari can't be warlocks. Really, really bummed out by this, Blizz.
In the name of god please, Blizzard put the warlocks zandalari!
11/06/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Felplagued
remember how wotlk advertised the dance studio, and how literally on the box says "ariel pvp combat" oh and the path of the titans in cataclysm... demon hunter on the vanilla box..

I never did understand that till now. For years I keep looking for that stuff. so never made to game. Dam I thought I miss a unlock or something.
11/06/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Guyaota
How about just getting rid of class restrictions and let people play the race and class they want to play? Yall have screwed the lore up so bad, so at this point it does not ,matter

This.

Blizzard trips over their own two feet so often, the gates might as well just be swung open at this point.
11/06/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Roaan
I don't think a Demoniac is even remotely close to a warlock.... One summons demons and has them do their bidding and dabbles in fel, the other traps a demon inside them to absorb it's powers. It's like saying a butterfly is a bird because they both have flying in common. With that mindset holy palading and priest should be the same thing, warrior and monk should be the same thing, shaman and mages would be the same thing.... I mean it goes on and on if you grasp at straws...

The initial quote was that Zandalari have no connection to the fel. That is blatantly false as the existence of demoniacs shows. Most people aren't saying demonaics are like warlocks. They are pointing to the fact that the Zandalari do indeed have connections with the fel, which leaves the door open for warlocks.
As a Big&Tall guy, I originally rolled a Dwarf Paladin because I figured it was closest to my body type, proportionally. Just a shorter version of it.

I was kinda looking forward to trying out a Kul Tiran Paladin instead.. I mean, they can be priests - so we know they can use the Light, and they can be warriors, so we know they can deal with plate and big weapons. But they can't do both and be Paladins? Oh well, so much for that.

But ya, those fat humans are gonna make so much sense trying to stealth around as a rogue. And I guess I don't get why Dark Iron Dwarves are Paladins. They just seem so.... dark... like they spend even more time under ground than regular dwarves. But sure, let them wield the Light.
11/06/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Xoja
11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.

It's okay, Warlocks are used to having things taken away.

I may disagree with a lot of people in this thread for their overreactions...but this, this is gold. Sadly true as well.
Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

"Well maybe I'm a mage...maybe I'm a mage...yeaaahhh...maybe I'm a mage...
yeah yeah yeah yeaaahh maybe I'm a mage...I'm a mage...with you.."
@Ythisens - If warlocks cant be Zandalari is there any chance that we can have an option to have the darkspear trolls stand upright like the orcs received.

The standing tall troll is the reason I was going for it and now I'm over here with no chance of every seeing a straight back other then in an animation when my toon stretches.
Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website.

But still no paladins, huh?
We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

• We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

M=@#$*#% on no warlocks
    We know the lore better than the people making the game... This is depressing... They actually had the classes right...
    Thank you for giving us KT Mages! Will definitely roll one when available.
    No KT Paladins? There's multiple examples from lore stated on this forum. I'd really like to see them added and at least clarified why not.
    11/06/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Roaan
    I don't think a Demoniac is even remotely close to a warlock.... One summons demons and has them do their bidding and dabbles in fel, the other traps a demon inside them to absorb it's powers. It's like saying a butterfly is a bird because they both have flying in common. With that mindset holy palading and priest should be the same thing, warrior and monk should be the same thing, shaman and mages would be the same thing.... I mean it goes on and on if you grasp at straws...

Demonology warlocks pre-legion were LITERALLY Demoniacs.
    11/06/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Sefirosuwar
    @Ythisens - If warlocks cant be Zandalari is there any chance that we can have an option to have the darkspear trolls stand upright like the orcs received.

The standing tall troll is the reason I was going for it and now I'm over here with no chance of every seeing a straight back other then in an animation when my toon stretches.

Makes sense. The chiropractors in Origimmar that helped with the orcs' hunch should definitely be able to help you.
    Yeah except this is a lie. Because in the interview he did with The Lost Codex, Afrasiabi said he wanted Kul'Tiran mages but the rest of the team was not sold on the idea....

Here's the video link if he forgot what he said.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288446.2/blizzcon-2018-lost-codex-interview-with-alex-afrasiabi-and-pat-dawson-origin-of-