Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 26 Next
11/06/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Relictor
If KT can't be Paladins despite having them in the WC3 campaign with Admiral Proudmoore's expedition, then Zandalari shouldn't be Warlocks because of some quest text back in vanilla.

Sorry but it goes both ways. You already got Paladins despite "Prelates" just being a vague offshoot of the actual class. Don't whine immediately when you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

No ones arguing in here Kul'Tirans shouldnt be Paladins, people are arguing Demoniacs dont use the fel here, which is retarded. And why does this need to become a pissing match between horde and alliance? I want the alliance to have options too.
Kind of sad really the direction game going. They advertise something and not just take it for face value even if posted on their own web sight. Have to laterally wait to see if true. Then wait to see if mind did not changed by the time you buy it. I don't who in charged. That person needs more staff. Too many things getting past him or her. Warlocks and mages where up for a least 4 days before changed. One I can maybe see not 4. oh well I learned my lesson not buying anything form this company again till after 6 months it released. then I get whole game.

Nope not mad, bitter or anything. just a confuse consumer that all.
11/06/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Sarcasmic
Yeah except this is a lie. Because in the interview he did with The Lost Codex, Afrasiabi said he wanted Kul'Tiran mages but the rest of the team was not sold on the idea....

Here's the video link if he forgot what he said.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288446.2/blizzcon-2018-lost-codex-interview-with-alex-afrasiabi-and-pat-dawson-origin-of-

literally rofl
11/06/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Volitar
"While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage."

So Blizzard is gonna use this logic as 1 off when it basically justifies almost every class/race combo that doesn't exist to be cannon?

Hello?

It makes sense to give Mages another good thing, like how in Legion they gave all our cool abilities/visuals to Mages, but god forbid they use that same bull!@#$ logic applied to KT Mages to give us poor Warlocks the PROMINENT race of this expansion and it's entire theme/story for Horde.
11/06/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Relictor
If KT can't be Paladins despite having them in the WC3 campaign with Admiral Proudmoore's expedition, then Zandalari shouldn't be Warlocks because of some quest text back in vanilla.

Sorry but it goes both ways. You already got Paladins despite "Prelates" just being a vague offshoot of the actual class. Don't whine immediately when you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

And you got kul tiras druids, despite them just being a vague offshoot of the actual class.
Happy KT got mages that is only logical. Im very sad zandalari didn't get warlocks, but it is what it is. I have cancelled my subscription until at least 8.1 raids open up again though. Other than that I feel I have enjoyed BFA, just doesn't seem like I have a lot left to do since I don't want to mythic raid.
11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

• We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

And Zandalari have no business being Monks. Warlock makes more sense than Monk.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=136601/zaroco-the-grifter This guy is wearing Lock tier and using Lock spells. It's not a -huge- link, but I mean... he's part of current-level-cap content.

I have no horse in this race, as I'm content being a human forever, but... yeah, this is silly lorewise and the blue post calling it an 'error' is disingenuous at best. Not the sort of interaction Blizzard really needs with their playerbase right now, amidst the various other tire fires endlessly smoldering.
    11/06/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Sarcasmic
    Yeah except this is a lie. Because in the interview he did with The Lost Codex, Afrasiabi said he wanted Kul'Tiran mages but the rest of the team was not sold on the idea....

Here's the video link if he forgot what he said.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288446.2/blizzcon-2018-lost-codex-interview-with-alex-afrasiabi-and-pat-dawson-origin-of-

This makes me wonder if classes being released with these races have more to do with dev time than "Lore" he makes it sound like they didn't have good mage animations for KT. I'm assuming that if they don't look good doing mage casts then that means more work is needed and hence a bottle neck for class choices.
    11/06/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Akston
    And you got kul tiras druids, despite them just being a vague offshoot of the actual class.

I did the quest line. I still kind of understand it. The problem with all that it very vague and not clear. as they were not actually teaching them. More like possessing them to teach them. real confusing on the whole druid thing. I am hoping they clear things up. Druids should really not been on that team. Shamans as it is stretching now with mages being allowed. So that a even bigger question. Hopping to read her and some one help.

One other thing. Been bugging me. Monks I can see both side getting theme as they close to island. Panda are everywhere on the islands. why is everyone against them. They at least make sense to me. Panda go panda teach. Yet panda around druids and panda cant be druids. way confusing.
    Blizzard. You need to commit to the error you made, announcing Warlocks. The Zandalari joined the Horde, the Horde can teach them how to be Warlocks. Please just roll with this, listen to your player base and allow us some fun. Personally played since vanilla and I’ve been looking forward to Zandalari locks. I’m already finding it harder and harder to want to keep playing since Blizzcon and now this... This is probably one of the biggest mess ups I’ve seen in a very long time.
    So when will BE's be able to be druids?

There are BE druids ingame. Please make this happen.
    11/06/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Woodspath
    This wasn't an error in communication. You just realized after the fact that your judgment was a bit lacking and so you changed some things.
    Who Proofreads your BOLOGNA
  • Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.

• I'm actually upset about this. I've been planning this switch for a while and was very happy when I saw it confirmed.

Boo.
    Rejoice in Horde tears.
    11/06/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Æx
    Rejoice in Horde tears.

Says the Horde DH
    Can we get Void Elf Paladins too? I'm sure Blood Elf paladins may choose to leave the BE :)
    It’s really a shame. Zandalari warlock was the whole reason I bothered sticking with the expansion haha. couldnt of cares less about them being paladin, maybe we can remove the monk class to make room :P
    11/06/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Tadkins
    Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac
    ?

I'm glad Kul Tirans can be Mages but the lore for Zandalari Warlocks has been in the game since Vanilla.

Yeah, not that I was planning on making one, but weren't there zandalari trolls that would curse you, somewhere near ZG maybe? Witch doctor doesn't seem all that much different from a lock. Voodoo is dark magic, both can raise the dead, witch doctors work with curses. It seems right, but I guess they didn't think so. Oh well, at least we got pallies.