Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
11/06/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Caspery
11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

• We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

Do you guys not even know what you put on the panel at BlizzCon? Roflmao. How is this mistake even possible?

Is Diablo Immortal for PC and you guys just forgot about it too?

The company isn't run by a bunch of machines. It's a bunch of people. Human error happens. Also, Diablo Immortal isn't the WoW team.
    11/06/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Gempalm
    Ythesins needs a vacation. Cold responses to the comments here. If I were his manager I'd ask him if how his day's going, does he need a break, maybe get him a coffee or tea.
    Forum goers are vicious.
    Aww the best response got deleted.
    So I've been reading these posts for the last 20 pages, and I have to say I am completely disgusted by what I am reading. Not because of blizzard's error, but rather the sheer amount of mental stupidity, misplaced rage, anger, and mobs of psychology that would make the most sane of individuals question what sort of planet we live on.

That isn't even counting the fact that some of you are even entertaining the mental gymnastic of demanding Blizzard remove one class combo. The Monk, just so that you selfish fools can have your class combo.

Has it occurred to any of you petulant children that there may be many people out there who want to play Zandalari monks. Has it occurred to any of you self-proclaimed Loremasters, that the Pandaren Culture is one of peace? They do not hold grudges, even with their worst enemies; and this is precisely why their culture was able to defeat the Sha of Violence, Hatred and Fear.

Of course it didn't occur to you. All that you third rate internet tough-guys ever see before you is a "perceived" wrong once again committed by the evil organization that you call Activision.

My God, one would think that Activision was the M.A.D. Organization from the Inspector Gadget cartoon led by Doctor Claw, for all the whining and hand-wringing you do.

While I will agree with you that it was a major mistake for Blizzard to keep this information in the dark for so long (and that because it was kept in the dark for so long it resulted in this unfortunate situation), it is in the past now and it cannot be changed.

..Unless one of you tactless bums wants to create the Flux Capacitor?

I didn't think so.

This is how it's going to be. Blizzard has already told you Zandalari Warlocks were an accident. The end. Case closed. Appeal denied. And you know what? All of you talking about the Demoniacs are just scraping for an excuse.

Freethinker Paladins were also an excuse, but unlike the Demoniacs (who as others pointed out more resemble Demon Hunters more than Warlocks); they were reinforced by the Prelates in Mists of Pandaria and by a presence in BFA before Rezan's death.

Not so with the Demoniacs.

It is a very plausible thing to consider that the Zandalari are like the Draenei when it comes down to it. They are a race that does not traffic with dark magic. They are a highly religious race that opposes dark magic. This is reinforced by their role in opposing Hakkar the Soulflayer. Loa are to them, what Naaru are to the Draenei.

The fact is, Troll Warlocks are more likely a Gurubashi Tribe invention. I would be fine with Trolls getting the "Green Skin" tone the Gurubashi use; but that is all I would offer. Troll Warlocks are the result of trolls who could not get what they wanted from the Loa, and sought out "other Loa" or demons in this case.

That is where a Troll warlock comes from. You can dislike that all you want, but it doesn't change this cold hard fact. Warlocks are the outliers and exceptions in Zandalari culture. That is true lore, and anything otherwise is simply you trying to twist the lore to fit your agenda. Knock it off.

It's also does not count the one big reason that Zandalari Warlocks should not exist. That being the very simple fact that their Queen, Talanji JUST lead an expedition into Nazmir to wipe out the blood trolls. What were the blood trolls known for? Oh right, using dark magic. For using Blood Magic. ..Kinda like uhh.. Health Funnel and Burning Rush and Sacrificial Pact.

Do you honestly think that any culture that was nearly destroyed by such magic is going to be eager to seek it out again? I think not. You keep on claiming that Blizzard does not know their own lore, and you attack people like Christie Golden. Yet she and many of these writers have done more for World of Warcraft than you ever will in your entire life.

What you are angry about is the same thing that a 5 year old gets angry about.

You did not get your way and so now you want to stamp your feet until you do. What Blizzard should do at this point, is lock this thread and warn that any threads like it will also be locked or deleted.

They have apologized already twice. This is unheard of for Blizzard. You can either accept that apology and move on, or you can unsubscribe and move on as well. But you should not be allowed to continue to harass the people who make this game.

This topic is finished, unless Blizzard decides to revisit it later. You are stuck. Deal with that and stop trying to be selfish and take other people's joy away from them because you didn't get yours.

Blizzard made their decision. Now make yours. Good night.
    This would have been the best time too introduce witchdoctor class.
    11/06/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Gades
    What were the blood trolls known for? Oh right, using dark magic.
    they were known for *blood* magic. not dark magic. it's kinda the whole reason they are labeled blood trolls and not dark trolls.
    Blizz please, just let people have they're fun and throw they're money at you. Let Zandalari Be warlocks.
    like i said, few were able to be demoniac's according to https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac. that doesn't mean many and should warrant the class option.

and then look at the 3rd note under Notes. Existence of demoniacs via quest chain was removed and retconned. not the only thing blizzard removed/retconned in warcraft lore.

deal with it and move on. horde still getting nice things.
    Ok no Zandalari locks, whatever not like I was waiting on them to show up. How about a quest where current male trolls can locate a Zandalari Chiropractor and stand up straight for the first time in 15 years?
    11/06/2018 09:14 PMPosted by Ndaian
    Ok no Zandalari locks, whatever not like I was waiting on them to show up. How about a quest where current male trolls can locate a Zandalari Chiropractor and stand up straight for the first time in 15 years?

This is a more reasonable request and I support it.
    Come on... why can't we just go "screw the lore" and have every race able to be every class?
    11/06/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Arathian
    deal with it and move on. horde still getting nice things.

I'm not arguing for Zandalari Warlocks, and won't, or for them to get Demon Hunters. Allied Races, haven't and shouldn't have Heroic Classes (Till later when its justified, the current two are Quite Specific on when/how they became a thing).

But saying that the Horde is getting nice things, when we're down a class/race combo, when Faction equality has been a thing since Legion's Start.... God I hope we do get more Allied Races to balance this thing out x.x
    11/06/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Tadkins
    11/06/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Tiridan
    ...I'm going to racechange Tiridan to a Zandalari Warrior, and I'll then level a Paladin, Druid, and Shaman.

I'm reaping all the benefits!

You started off as Nightborne, then went Mag'har, and now you're going Zandalari?

You are quite the changeling. xD
    Hehe... it actually goes farther back.

But we’re not talking about that.

Thankfully, this is almost certainly my last change since I’ve been waiting to finally be a Zandalari.

And if you’re worried about my financial situation don’t worry, rest assured that I use Bnet Balance for almost all my race-changes.
    So I've been reading these posts for the last 20 pages, and I have to say I am completely disgusted by what I am reading. Not because of blizzard's error, but rather the sheer amount of mental stupidity, misplaced rage, anger, and mobs of psychology that would make the most sane of individuals question what sort of planet we live on.

That isn't even counting the fact that some of you are even entertaining the mental gymnastic of demanding Blizzard remove one class combo. The Monk, just so that you selfish fools can have your class combo.

Has it occurred to any of you petulant children that there may be many people out there who want to play Zandalari monks. Has it occurred to any of you self-proclaimed Loremasters, that the Pandaren Culture is one of peace? They do not hold grudges, even with their worst enemies; and this is precisely why their culture was able to defeat the Sha of Violence, Hatred and Fear.

Of course it didn't occur to you. All that you third rate internet tough-guys ever see before you is a "perceived" wrong once again committed by the evil organization that you call Activision.

My God, one would think that Activision was the M.A.D. Organization from the Inspector Gadget cartoon led by Doctor Claw, for all the whining and hand-wringing you do.

While I will agree with you that it was a major mistake for Blizzard to keep this information in the dark for so long (and that because it was kept in the dark for so long it resulted in this unfortunate situation), it is in the past now and it cannot be changed.

I didn't think so.

This is how it's going to be. Blizzard has already told you Zandalari Warlocks were an accident. The end. Case closed. Appeal denied. And you know what? All of you talking about the Demoniacs are just scraping for an excuse.

Freethinker Paladins were also an excuse, but unlike the Demoniacs (who as others pointed out more resemble Demon Hunters more than Warlocks); they were reinforced by the Prelates in Mists of Pandaria and by a presence in BFA before Rezan's death.

It is a very plausible thing to consider that the Zandalari are like the Draenei when it comes down to it. They are a race that does not traffic with dark magic. They are a highly religious race that opposes dark magic. This is reinforced by their role in opposing Hakkar the Soulflayer. Loa are to them, what Naaru are to the Draenei.

The fact is, Troll Warlocks are more likely a Gurubashi Tribe invention. I would be fine with Trolls getting the "Green Skin" tone the Gurubashi use; but that is all I would offer. Troll Warlocks are the result of trolls who could not get what they wanted from the Loa, and sought out "other Loa" or demons in this case.

That is where a Troll warlock comes from. You can dislike that all you want, but it doesn't change this cold hard fact. Warlocks are the outliers and exceptions in Zandalari culture. That is true lore, and anything otherwise is simply you trying to twist the lore to fit your agenda. Knock it off.

It's also does not count the one big reason that Zandalari Warlocks should not exist. That being the very simple fact that their Queen, Talanji JUST lead an expedition into Nazmir to wipe out the blood trolls. What were the blood trolls known for? Oh right, using dark magic. For using Blood Magic. ..Kinda like uhh.. Health Funnel and Burning Rush and Sacrificial Pact.

Do you honestly think that any culture that was nearly destroyed by such magic is going to be eager to seek it out again? I think not. You keep on claiming that Blizzard does not know their own lore, and you attack people like Christie Golden. Yet she and many of these writers have done more for World of Warcraft than you ever will in your entire life.

You did not get your way and so now you want to stamp your feet until you do. What Blizzard should do at this point, is lock this thread and warn that any threads like it will also be locked or deleted.

They have apologized already twice. This is unheard of for Blizzard. You can either accept that apology and move on, or you can unsubscribe and move on as well. But you should not be allowed to continue to harass the people who make this game.

This topic is finished, unless Blizzard decides to revisit it later. You are stuck. Deal with that and stop trying to be selfish and take other people's joy away from them because you didn't get yours.

I made a wall of text about how meanies were mean to a fortune 500 company. God, I can only imagine how much sucking up and damage control I'd have to do at my fortune 500 company for that kind of boo boo. It's fine tho they're sorry, we're so sorry. Small Indie company blizzard needs to tell their customers what we want though. On top of that, your whole post is whining like a 5 year old over other people whining.

P.S

Blood trolls needed to be stopped because they were releasing ghuun, not because she is some kind of genocidal maniac.
    Last i recall, Zandalari Paladins was originally not deemed a playable option, and the forums imploded with people keep asking for it.

Now Troll-ladins become official while warlocks don't, some people get unhappy and voice up - but now we got people lecturing them to 'don't be selfish'.

Gee, i wonder where those people are when the forums were spammed with ZD paladin 'selfish entitled request'.
    11/06/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Shado
    Fat Mages here we come!

*Conjures Bakery*

Just watched Fantastic Beasts again... I approve of this

I didn't think so.

TLDR; In short agrees with Diablo Immortal and apologizes for the rest of the community not liking it. Where have I seen this before?