Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
You've had the code for Zanda locks in your build forever.
Your own lore contradicts the statement that Zanda don't have a connection to soul/fel/demon magics.
This is pretty crushing. Like, the one thing I was looking forward to crushing.
Not gonna stamp feet and act like a child, as so many do on the forums, but I would like the devs to know that this is a really surprising and disappointing choice on your part.

On another note, I'm very happy for all the Kul Tiran fans out there for getting to be a mage. At least one group of us aren't going to feel totally screwed.
Thanks for the update!

I was debating on three classes for Zandalari. This helped eliminate warlock lol.

Glad mages made the list for KT.
11/06/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Xeldra
Sounds more like so many people complained they changed it. It's not an omission. lol

Don't wrap the aluminum foil so tightly around your head that it cuts off circulation.
I didn't know that critical thinking skills and be aware of situations counts as being a conspiracy theorist on this forum. Apparently if you don't eat up everything they spoon feed you, you're "wearing a tin foil hat." Okay.
11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.
We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

Only took Alex Afrasiabi 4 days to convince everyone on the team. Nicely done.
https://youtu.be/8nGnT6WZbeI?t=889
11/06/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Ythisens
I would ask why did you buy a race change for a race that isn't even playable yet?

ZING!
11/06/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Tadkins
11/06/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Voltomok
Oh well everyone is going to roll Zandalari Druid anyway. I can already see the pie chart.

Nope, Zandalari Paladin here.

Rezan will be avenged!
I'm going to racechange Tiridan to a Zandalari Warrior, and I'll then level a Paladin, Druid, and Shaman.

I'm reaping all the benefits!
11/06/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Lockies
And what do you plan on doing to all the people who bought RACE CHANGES and then were told you cannot be the race you bought the race change for because blizzard made an OOPSIE?!

I would ask why did you buy a race change for a race that isn't even playable yet? The follow up if you did is you can try ticketing in for a refund on that race change since you haven't used it yet.

Again sorry for the inconvenience as this was a mistake on us.

There is a time limit on how long you have until a refund; while i bought it with in game gold. It's very annoying that you will simply IGNORE lore, ignore everything, then change things because you want to broaden class availability and then cite FALSE lore to verify your actions.
11/06/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Menard
I would ask why did you buy a race change for a race that isn't even playable yet? The follow up if you did is you can try ticketing in for a refund on that race change since you haven't used it yet.

I don't think it's a Blizzard mistake. Clearly the void lords interacted with the website and provided false information. Or it was the Gnomes slacking off again...

Might need to get those server room Gnomes into shape. Might need to withhold daily snack time...

Clearly the old gods Or’rakull and Vujitsew struck again...
11/06/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Averyx
11/06/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Khoomei
Zandalari invented Demon Hunters: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

Demoniacs weren't so much demon hunters as they were Demo warlocks the old style but yeah.

Meanwhile the Vol'jin book describe how they despise the monk tactics of the Pandaren.

So it's weird now they can be monks and not locks.

To be fair, the Zandalari in the Vol'jin book were specifically Zul's followers, not the Zandalari as a whole.
A fat pally
A fat pally
A fat pally
A fat pally
In Kul’tiras, mighty Kul’tiras
A fat pally is born~
In Kul’tiras, war torn Kul’tiras
A fat pally is born~

Ahhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
11/06/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Tiridan
11/06/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Tadkins

Nope, Zandalari Paladin here.

Rezan will be avenged!
I'm going to racechange Tiridan to a Zandalari Warrior, and I'll then level a Paladin, Druid, and Shaman.

I'm reaping all the benefits!

You started off as Nightborne, then went Mag'har, and now you're going Zandalari?

You are quite the changeling. xD
"oh whoops, just messed that up at our own convention"

There is a time limit on how long you have until a refund; while i bought it with in game gold. It's very annoying that you will simply IGNORE lore, ignore everything, then change things because you want to broaden class availability and then cite FALSE lore to verify your actions.

And while that is my fault yes, it wont be for many others that trust blizzard to get their crap right and not blow a presentation that had false facts. How did you miss such a silly mistake?
11/06/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Lockies
And what do you plan on doing to all the people who bought RACE CHANGES and then were told you cannot be the race you bought the race change for because blizzard made an OOPSIE?!

I'm not sure that kind of attitude is really necessary, nor a good idea to direct to your customers. The customer bought the service based on information Blizz provided and was excited about the game. Yet, that's the attitude you direct toward him/her?
11/06/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Tadkins
11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac
?

I'm glad Kul Tirans can be Mages but the lore for Zandalari Warlocks has been in the game since Vanilla.
Would love to see a Lore or Ion response to this. Since, Blizzard is bending the lore to make their way.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

I'm sorry but what? You guys ignore your own lore now? lol
11/06/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Xeldra
I'm not sure that kind of attitude is really necessary, nor a good idea to direct to your customers. The customer bought the service based on information Blizz provided and was excited about the game. Yet, that's the attitude you direct toward him/her?

What attitude? Ythisens has a point, Zandalari are a long way off, why pay for the service already? And they apologized for the inconvenience.

Feels like you're just looking for an offense.
From wowpedia not all 100% but it should be, zandalari are ancient they should be everything.

- Troll warlocks date back to the Zandalari demoniacs, who seek to embody power outright and not just possess it. While warlocks tread dangerous ground in dealing with demons, demoniacs take it one step further. They allow demons to enter their bodies through an ancient and arcane ritual. Rather than let demons possess them, the demoniacs enslave the demons from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command. It is a feat very few are able to master and more than one has lost the fight, but the power they are able to unleash is worth the sacrifice.

- Unjari Feltongue, a Darkspear warlock trainer in Orgrimmar's Valley of Spirits, speaks of "dark an' horrid t'ings" which are "gibbering in de outer darkness". Her text also suggests that the Darkspear warlocks are aware of them and learned the warlock arts from them, suggesting a source of power outside the Burning Legion.

-It is possible that some Zandalari demoniacs became a part of the Gurubashi Empire. The Darkspear trolls who left the Gurubashi might have retained some knowledge of the demonic arts from the demoniacs or the Gurubashi warlocks.

This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials. It should not be taken as representing official lore.

That's just how paying customers are treated now.
Zandalari shouldn't be able to be monks either, yet here we are.

Yep I bought this race change during the last mass discount that went out. So its not refundable anymore. I had a gamble cuz i saw datamines and took it. And yes i know this is my fault. not really annoyed about that. What bothers me is they change their lore on a whim and then argue that they don't