Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
I'm glad they can be Mages. It felt wrong that they couldn't be, because ALL of the Tidesage stuff is cloth, so "rping" a tidesage without being able to mog the actual armor seems dumb. Secondly, having a water elemental follow you around fits with the ascetic.
11/06/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Xeldra
11/06/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Ythisens
I would ask why did you buy a race change for a race that isn't even playable yet? The follow up if you did is you can try ticketing in for a refund on that race change since you haven't used it yet.

Again sorry for the inconvenience as this was a mistake on us.
I'm not sure that kind of attitude is really necessary, nor a good idea to direct to your customers. The customer bought the service based on information Blizz provided and was excited about the game. Yet, that's the attitude you direct toward him/her?

There wasn't any attitude here though...it was a legitimate question. And a good one.
11/06/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Ythisens
11/06/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Woodspath
This wasn't an error in communication. You just realized after the fact that your judgment was a bit lacking and so you changed some things.

This was simply what it is, an error. We posted one thing on the website and one thing in the slides at the panels. This was a misalignment on assets so we're correcting that now. It happens.

https://youtu.be/8nGnT6WZbeI?t=994
Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.
11/06/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Shado
Fat Mages here we come!

*Conjures Bakery*

Would there be any sour cream donuts in said bakery? I'm a wee bit hungry this afternoon.

(sad little Gnome eyes)
Thanks for the update. Seeing as how nothing is final until live, some of my horde colleagues need to take a chill pill about losing the warlock class for Zandalari. Besides, goblin is the best race for warlock.
11/06/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Xeldra
11/06/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Ythisens
I would ask why did you buy a race change for a race that isn't even playable yet? The follow up if you did is you can try ticketing in for a refund on that race change since you haven't used it yet.

Again sorry for the inconvenience as this was a mistake on us.
I'm not sure that kind of attitude is really necessary, nor a good idea to direct to your customers. The customer bought the service based on information Blizz provided and was excited about the game. Yet, that's the attitude you direct toward him/her?

Are you wearing that stupid hat to hide your 'I want to speak to your manager' haircut?
Thank you Ythisens! Very Cool!
interesting
11/06/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ythisens
While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples,

Still firing rounds at the already sunken "pandaren can't be dk because there aren't enough of them around" argument eh?
Why would anyone purchase a race change early at full price? What happens if services go on sale in the next few weeks? I can understand if they announced a 50% sale today, but why buy one and sit on it for a month or two?
We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

• We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

Explain this then.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac
    11/06/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Grumbles
    Would there be any sour cream donuts in said bakery?

Yikes
    11/06/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Revlol
    Explain this then.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

Warlock control demons, demoniacs inhabit demons, and sometimes lose. How about Zandalari get demoniac class option, with a X% chance to die/lose your character each time you use the ritual? That sounds hardcore!
    Remove Monk for both Zandalar & Kul Tiran, and give us Warlock & Paladin respectively.
    11/06/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Ifelforu
    We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
  • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

• We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

damage controlllllllllllllllllllll
    "Blizzard never listens and they never change things for us!"
    *Blizzard listens and does a change*
    "lol dmg control"

Regardless of how it's presented, it looks to me like, in the case of the KT mages, Blizzard made a change based on feedback they read from players. The ungrateful attitude may dissuade them in the future.
    11/06/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Nzhuv
    Why would anyone purchase a race change early at full price? What happens if services go on sale in the next few weeks? I can understand if they announced a 50% sale today, but why buy one and sit on it for a month or two?

Truth. I bought a race change for my mage when they went on sale during that time in Legion. I rolled him as Nightborne but knew well in advance that I wanted to turn him to a Mag'har.

The minute I unlocked Mag'har, I logged out, and used the race change that was sitting there for months. xD
    11/06/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Nzhuv
    because i rarely spend gold and it piles up.. so i buy currency with it and then buy things that I want. saw it go to 18.25 and snagged it cuz it was datamined that warlocks could be zandalari know that it COULD be wrong, which is why this isnt my main problem.
    Now the AR class options is not even more of that dang alliance bias, haha. Jokes aside glad to see they added Mage to Kul Tirans but why take away Locks from the Zandalari.
    This is really disheartening (but grats for KT Mages). I feel like Zandalari warlocks should be a thing for several reasons:

1) We know that Zandalari are willing to make pacts with more dangerous powers for power themselves. Look at how many Zandalari are essentially working in service to G'huun. Look at how quickly Rastakhan made that pact with Bwonsamdi when the conditions were right? You as a player in Zandalar make a pact with a loa as well, gaining their boon. Making pacts with demons for the Zandalar would be no different.

2) Back in Vanilla, Zandalari had demoniacs ( https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac ), which were Zandalari who trafficked in fel magics and essentially enslaved demons inside of themselves. They are no strangers to dark and fel magics. Additionally, the flavor text for Unjari Feltongue suggests she and other Darkspear get their power from a darker, and more horrible source.

3) The whole curse vibe that warlocks have fits perfectly with Zandalari a la Tauren Sunwalkers, in that they have classes that totally aren't the same, but would be the same for gameplay purposes. I thought that was the whole reasoning for Darkspear warlocks as well? Darkspear warlocks are more akin to witch doctors than fel users like Orcs. They traffic in dark and perverted magics, but they do so ostensibly for the benefit of themselves and their kin. Witch Doctors will curse their enemies, and use dark voodoo to empower themselves. Sounds like a warlock by another name to me.