new azerite rings....please fix

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
just got a glimps of new azerite rings.....unlock at 23 for the FIRST ring last ring at 39....

you know people play alts right like lots of alts

you need some MAJOR catch up mechanics and/or much lower unlock levels....think my highest on any toon is 27 im sure people have 35+

but those rings need to be much lower since we like to play on more than 1 toon
That sucks. My alts are all still around 20. Azerite continues to be a garbage system.
The Azerite Knowledge catchup system is already in place. It increases at a rate equal to the amount from leveling.

For example. If Lvl 20 week 5 takes 10k AP, lvl 21 takes 10k AP week 6.

Assuming AK just continues to climb (Which we can't know for certain, it might change), 8.1.5 will likely come out 2nd or 3rd week of january, which is 9-10 weeks away. That means hitting level 30 from 29 takes the same amount as 38-39 will take in 9 weeks.

Its more likely that they'll actually push the neck level required up to at least 45, or they will cap AK in the following weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if next week is the last AK until 8.1
11/06/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Distra
just got a glimps of new azerite rings.....unlock at 23 for the FIRST ring last ring at 39....

you need some MAJOR catch up mechanics and/or much lower unlock levels....think my highest on any toon is 27 im sure people have 35+

Blizzard has always stated that the last rings are just frosting on the cake. The ones that matter for performance output are really your first 2 (on a 4-tier wheel) and now the first 3 (one a 5-wheel).

With catch up mechanics, and by the time the new raid comes out, that should be easy to obtain the first 3 tiers of a wheel.

With that being said, I'll reiterate that I hate this system as it isn't simply a "benefits only" reward. Now, you can receive a higher ilvl piece of the exact type you're wearing, and it could be a dps downgrade if you're not leveling up your HoA neck piece.

That's counter intuitive. No previous system in WoW had negative consequences for gear rewards without doing daily content to keep up to date.

That's why the azerite systme is terrible.

With Legion, they kept you doing dailies with Essence currency and AP to give marginal increases to your Artifact weapon. Azerite replaces the AP, but the system in place can punish. The Legion system never could. You couldn't suddenly get a higher ilvl Relic that is identical to what you had and it be weaker in output because you didn't have X level of AP.
This actually seems very low. If you start AP farming from level 1 literally the week of DEC 11 you will unlock level 36 (all defensive traits) by the time mythic raid opens 4 weeks later.
11/07/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Släshcry
11/06/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Distra

Blizzard has always stated that the last rings are just frosting on the cake.

The third ring is very important for pvp. Burning soul is the best pvp trait for dh for example.