Billionaire You Buys Blizzard And Becomes The Blue Dictator

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
I'd hire a Chinese company to make lots of mobile games because I want to be a failure.
Close down the forums.
You get a free subscription
She gets a free subscription
He gets a free subscription
EVERYBODY GETS FREE SUBSCRIPTION!!
11/07/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Ogmutilatrix
Make Azerite traits simply passives that you can choose from as you level.

Remove pathfinder

Heart of Azeroth ultimately gives traits like flying and other useful important things. Loot o ring would be an example of a low end trait.

Transmog has no restrictions.

Pve gear would involve vendors + rng, Pvp gear just involves vendors.

Remove Minning Cart Bg's completely. Or at least give option to opt out of a few Bgs

Free realm transfers between merged realms.

Leveling fixes
1-90 double all exp gain from all sources
90-100 unchanged.
100-110 Legion invasion have no down time and just move to next zone when finished.

No rep gating allied races, rather, have in depth quest lines to conquer on your main, like the warlock's green fire.

All of this plus:

- Calibrate scaling so there’s a feeling of progress.

- Give non-current expac instances a toggle to be scaled or Original level.

- Make Hunter Stables account-wide & infinitely larger.
Definitely try to create mobile WoW or new mobile WC/SC/Diablo gacha game.
Most of the 5* will be bunch of waifu for that $$$ with the Chinese/Korean/Japanese players.

Ez $$$, easy billion dollars.
I have no clue what is taking Blizzard so long to release a mobile game like Puzzle and Dragons or cloning the hottest mobile game Grand Fate Order right now with WC/SC characters instead.

Diablo Immortal is heading into the right path. But that isn't where the money is at.
These MMO mobile games don't make that much from lootboxes.
It is all about the gacha waifu characters, not loots, that will make you billions.

But yeah, Blizzard has the same idea on growth.
They just need to make gacha game instead.
11/07/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Mortis
What changes would you force upon WoW?

If I had 25 billion or so I could find a lot better things to do with my money and time than to buy this game or even play it.

Please tell me you could as well or I will have to feel sorry for you.
I would remove battle.net app. I would hire FEMALE game devs to come out with new ideas for professions and other fun stuff to do travelling the world. Archeology and battle pets dont count, both are boooooring.
1. I would change the crafting system and make it very similar to ESO's crafting system.

2. I would get rid of some of the rng, and by that I would get rid of gear warforging/titanforging; to replace that I would add a "Gear Upgrade" npc by the transmog vendor. To upgrade a normal piece of gear, there would be a currency that you would need to farm which you could obtain from WQs, Dungeons, mythic+, LFR, raids, warfronts, island expeditions and pvp; when you obtain enough of the currency you can upgrade by either 5-10-15- or 20 ilvls at a time depending on how much of the currency you have stored, and the limit to upgrading a piece of gear goes to the current cap of current the raid tier. Lastly you can also add a tertiary stat or socket to the piece of gear as well with the currency.

3. Make Azerite gear more spec friendly, when switching specs azerite gear talents on the pieces of gear your wearing will allow you to pick the talents of the spec your currently in, so you don't have to respec the traits every time or have different sets.

4. Have all allied races instantly unlock-able.

5. Server/faction transfers are free, however you have to wait 30 days to do another server transfer and 60 days for faction change.

6. Race changes are free, but only once per year per character.

7. Bring back the MOP days of combat.

8. Implement armor/weapon dyes.

9. All races can play all classes.

10. Get rid of the ilvl scaling.

11. Get rid of ilvl squish.

12. With the insane amount of expansions coming out, stop going up by 10 levels, instead do 5 and implement new abilities so that it feels rewarding to level again.

13. With all the levels in the game, allow players to make a new character from level 1 or if they choose, they can start with a boosted toon in level brackets 60,80,90 or 100 of their choosing at no cost.

14. Re-forging put back in.
I would create a Zone that would flag you for PVP when you entered and there would be resources for every profession that either drop from mobs or can be farmed, these would also be BoP so you have to farm them yourself.

When killing an opposing player they have a chance to drop some of the items for your profession, and a some of that players gold as well, maybe 5%.

The middle of the zone would be free for all arena like the Gurubashi arena, a chest would spawn every 3-4 hours randomly in that time frame never an exact amount each time. There would be a chest that would drop a flying mount and a land mount, maybe some kind of cool trinket with no stats and just a really good use for pvp that all classes would enjoy.
1. I would remove transmogrify restrictions completely. Except armor type. for example if I am a hunter. i cannot transmog my gear with cloth armor.

2. I would add a better report function in the game. Something with more detail when it comes to options and as to what the problem is.

3. I would make PvP elite armor accessible after a PvP season is over. If mythic PVE sets can be farmed then why not the pvp sets ? They alrdy get a mount and a title. So share that armor please. It wont kill you to see someone else running in the same mog as you. Also don't bring up the whole "exclusive to that blah blah pvp is hard and pve is easy mode rubbish", Seriously pvp in this game is a joke. People stack the OP flavor of the month classes and get that high rank in a few days. Look at BFA season 1 lol. What a joke. So please. Calm yourselves.

4. I would partner with twitch and i would enforce rules with them in order to help counter toxic behavior. It seems that allot of people insult wow and the blizzard staff on other platforms thinking that they cant be touched by blizzard. I would change that. They seem to think they are untouchable because of who they are. There is a difference between free speech and simply just being a toxic person that no longer acts on passion but instead acts to gain popularity by spreading toxicity into the community for self gain.

it has gone so far now that it seems like people simply just want to see this game burn. There is no more passion in these complaints from these people, its nothing but a form of entertainment. Drama is what sells these days.

Banning is harsh. But sometimes its needed. if i was in charge. I would throw the ban hammer real fast. The thing that makes no sense to me is when people say.."What happened to the wow community, why do people act so anti social, why are people so rude" Most of the time the people who ask these questions or say that there is no community anymore are the people directly responsible for there not being a community anymore. The ones being toxic are always the first to ask why the community is no longer there.

5. I would stop looking at participation stats in order to rate what the community deems as "fun"

6. I would drop the cost on appearance /race changes to a more reasonable amount.

7. I would add the allied race hair styles to all the non allied races.

8 . I would add more customization options such as for example the thin kultiran human. I want that option because it looks cool and it adds diversity in the game. Everyone always looking the same size is boring.

9. I would hire more people so that they can play the game and converse with players in game like they did back in Vanilla wow. There was GMs back then that would actively monitor trade chat and Looking for Group. They would also spawn in game to you if you needed help fixing someone or if you found a bug. That was some of the best player interaction I experienced when it comes to a company and their customers. This is where blizzard shined above all others,they showed care for their playerbase. It would be cool so see that again.

10. I would never have killed off Garrosh. In fact i would have loved to see Garrosh defeat Thrall on that hill in Nagrand. I m an alliance player but something about Garrosh just made me respect the hell outa him. It would have been cool to see him live through WOD and perhaps being the Orc that took back the horde with Saurfang. Cause srsly..Thrall...no.
End it.
11/07/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Mortis
What changes would you force upon WoW?

- take away all brutosaurs from any players with them and remove them from vendor
- give myself brutosaur true to the size of the regular npc ones
11/07/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Ogmutilatrix
Make Azerite traits simply passives that you can choose from as you level.

Remove pathfinder

Heart of Azeroth ultimately gives traits like flying and other useful important things. Loot o ring would be an example of a low end trait.

Transmog has no restrictions.

Pve gear would involve vendors + rng, Pvp gear just involves vendors.

Remove Minning Cart Bg's completely. Or at least give option to opt out of a few Bgs

Free realm transfers between merged realms.

Leveling fixes
1-90 double all exp gain from all sources
90-100 unchanged.
100-110 Legion invasion have no down time and just move to next zone when finished.

No rep gating allied races, rather, have in depth quest lines to conquer on your main, like the warlock's green fire.

Pretty much this and make sure each patch has a daily zone / world pvp zone and something like wintergrasp to fight over.
Everybody who badmouths Vulpera on the forums gets an invisible buff that makes gear 50% less likely to drop
I think I would never touch 1/2 the games people are suggesting to turn WoW into.

I am not saying WoW is perfect. But sheesh.

Personally, though.

D2 remastered.
Overwatch map editor.
Destiny 2 Make an event..raid..pve..thingy..that was more than 6 people.
WoW would be tricky for me. I would want to focus on BFA features and improving them.

-Make IEs more varied with more clear rewards.

-Warfronts, I would like a harder mode. I know "modes" with raiding and m+ is a tricky topic in some circles. Its clear Warfronts right now are a catch up mechanic. Maybe a "heroic warfront", if you will. One you can actually fail if you don't pay attention. Bosses with some base line mechanics, nothing too intense. Heavier importance on resource gathering, yet making it more "interactive". Maybe you need a player or two in the vicinity to "protect" the gatherers from spawned events/mobs so that they can gather wood/iron.
1) Revert GCD change
2) Revert pruning
3) Add new talents at 120
4) Get rid of all azerite traits which are just passives and change them to unique traits which acts like legendaries which makes you change how you play your spec
5) Add a talent tree to the azerite neck, something like the artifact weapon in Legion.
6) Relocate all possible resources to making these changes as soon as possible. (mobile games are last priority)

Obviously its copy pasta from Legion, but at least it would make the base of this expansion on par with Legion.
I'd shut down WoW permanently with no warning, and become a salt tycoon.

Then I'd make an MMO that put the RPG back in MMORPG.
I'd remove the emphasis on solo questing at lvl cap and fix elemental. The poor class sucked for too long.
I'd focus my efforts on getting away from being a publicly-traded company just as soon as possible. Being beholden to stock holders sucks. Get back to being a customer-driven business.

I could be totally ignorant here, but I feel like your whole decision-making process on your IPs changes at that point.
give everyone raises including Ion and others at the top blizzard related employees only ofcourse