Classic server list

Classic Discussion
yes hello blizzard

if you are listening I would like to suggest that you release a list of server names (with type) that classic will use, at least a couple days/weeks in advance of launch so that people can coordinate with their friends on which one to play

people will want to get their char names asap so you need to be prepared and quick

illidan taught me my lesson on not being prepared! thanks

thanks for reading my post. bye
Good point, its also likely worthwhile to announce the server types they will support (RP-PvP, RP-PvE?) pior to launch. Maybe even sharding vs. no sharding servers.
11/09/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Sartura
yes hello blizzard

if you are listening I would like to suggest that you release a list of server names (with type) that classic will use, at least a couple days/weeks in advance of launch so that people can coordinate with their friends on which one to play

people will want to get their char names asap so you need to be prepared and quick

illidan taught me my lesson on not being prepared! thanks

thanks for reading my post. bye

Just call them something like Tichondrius (C) or Blackrock (C). I'd love to see those original names.
On one hand having a cool server name is important as it relates to the identity of your characters and the things you experience.

"I was there during the AQ opening on Server #37!" does not have the same ring to it.

On the other hand using the old names could create population imbalances right from the start. It sounds like a trivial thing on the surface but how they name servers can have a long lasting impact on individual server health and the game as a whole.
11/09/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Coniferous
Server #37

pretty sure those kind of names are demo only
11/09/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Sartura
11/09/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Coniferous
Server #37

My point was that while having generic server names is bad. Copying the old server names is not a good idea either.
I vote they name a server Diablo. That way there’s one Blizzard stamped Diablo for 2019 that doesn’t suck, haha!

No seriously, I’m sure there’s enough lore names to go around.
11/09/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Coniferous
11/09/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Sartura

My point was that while having generic server names is bad. Copying the old server names is not a good idea either.

Honestly, I entirely expect every server to be named after a bronze dragon.

And Chromie will easily be the highest populated.
Servers could be named after mobile os versions.

Donut
Eclair
Froyo
Ginger'Bread
Honey'Comb
Ice'Cream'Sandwich
Jelly'Bean
Kit'Kat
etc.
Definitely agree that they should release ahead of time to get situated.
Youthinkyoudo - RP-PVE
ButYouDon't - PVE
DoYouGuysNotHavePhones - PVP
MorallyGrey - RP
One server to rule them all.
All I hope for is an oceanic server :)
Just so the servers are actually servers and not this sharding !@#$.
My favorite suggestion for servers names that I've seen was
PVE ruleset (including RP-PVE): Bronze Dragonflight names
PVP ruleset (including RP-PVP): Infinite Dragonflight names