Level now? Or wait?

General Discussion
I heard it's best to wait to level alts when 8.1 drops. Is this true? Should I wait?
Wait, it will be up to 40% e̶a̶s̶i̶e̶r̶ faster.
IF you wait, you'll be playing catchup with everyone else.
do it now and they'll be trying to catch you!!
11/09/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Æx
Wait, it will be up to 40% easier.

It will be up to 40% faster, but not necessarily 40% easier.
How so
I mean right now it's so easy to level takes like 4 days to get from 110 to 120 from just banging out quests, and I hear it's even faster if you run IA's. But there so tedious I just stick to questing. But ya if you level now you won't be playing catch up when the patch hits unless you don't care then wait but it's really easy right now to level I can't believe they're making it easier lol.
wow those are some nice reductions. makes me smile when i level a kul tiran lol. up to you op. since you're going to level alts anyways, why not do so now if you're bored? otherwise, no harm in waiting too.
I don't see why you'd wait. 8.1 is still five weeks away and you could easily level several characters from 1 to 120 in that time.
i wasnt but 60 a few days ago and now im 76 and it didnt take to long to go from 20-60.exp hasnt been that bad so far.if you dont want to level now id say work on all exalted required rep to unlock allied races.

but if you got the time the heirlooms and want to level an allied race go for it.
Wait. It's only like a month away.
I'm personally leveling all my low level alts up to 60 and then waiting until 8.1 to tackle the 60-80 bracket. I'd say level an alt now for as long as you can stand, and then the rest of the levels will be a breeze once 8.1 hits.
Oh its a good time to start a new toon than barley 66 in my rogue rn ans i still have my level 51 shammy to go .

What do you mean easier tho ? Can someone link me i havnt been paying close attention to much been too busy playing .
11/09/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Kitanana
Oh its a good time to start a new toon than barley 66 in my rogue rn ans i still have my level 51 shammy to go .

What do you mean easier tho ? Can someone link me i havnt been paying close attention to much been too busy playing .

They're lowering the exp curve by quite a bit up to 110. 110 to 120 is more or less unchanged.

Wowhead:
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288495/experience-required-to-level-reduced-in-8-1-ptr-build-28366
11/09/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Alfgerðr
IF you wait, you'll be playing catchup with everyone else.
do it now and they'll be trying to catch you!!

I have 3 alts at lvl cap. 1 Horde 2 Alliance. I was just wondering cause lvling up another alt is pretty slow at the moment.

11/09/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Æx
Wait, it will be up to 40% easier.

Waiting it is.
why stop now. I am on my 21 and see no ending in site till patch 8.2. sorry next patch ahs little interest in me. Buy then I will have 50 level 120. hey can someone reason the limit on characters to like a100. that way I don't have open new account.
If they're lower than 110 wait, but if not I'd say go for it. They didn't change xp much for 110 to 120.
I'd wait you'd probably make up for the time you missed once 8.1 hits because maybe dungeons might be worth it by then.
11/09/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Vorawsoul
I heard it's best to wait to level alts when 8.1 drops. Is this true? Should I wait?

If you want it to be easier, wait.

If you are a masochist, do it now!

No, you should not wait.

They did not say leveling will be 40% faster, they said they will reduce the experience required to level. Also, that reduction does not apply to all levels - its only for levels 60-80, and the levels in the 60's being biggest change, up to 40%.

"The biggest reductions come in the level 60 range at 40%, with sizable reductions for all past expansions."

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288495/experience-required-to-level-reduced-in-8-1-ptr-build-28366

I dont think players will even notice a difference. So, if you dont like how long it takes to level now, then you probably still wont like it after the patch. Its all smoke & mirrors my dear, carefully crafted to make you think things will be better (they wont).

That's entirely up to you. Do you want your character leveled sooner or more efficiently?