Night Elf Paladin

Paladin
Since apparently Zandalari are aligned enough with the Light to be Paladins wouldn't it only be fair for the Night Elves to be able to be Pallies too? Considering we already have at least one N.Elf Paladin NPC in game as it stands right now.

With the 8.1 happenings involving Sylvanas's new Dark Rangers, that would give an easy "in" for adding the class to the race, as a sort of Holy answer to the new Unholy threat.

Please Blizz, you won't give us High Elves, at least give us Night Elf Paladin.
No, that's weird. NIGHT elves and paladins who serve the LIGHT don't mix.
Please don’t use Zandalari as an excuse.
Zandalari Prelates serve two impactful additions to the game.

1)more Paladin options for the Horde
2)new archetype in the form of Prelates that can be categorized as a “Paladin” like Blood Knights, Vindicators and Sunwalkers that expand on the universe.

If you’re going to reason for Night Elf Paladin, make a suggestion that expands on the Night Elves’ unique subtitle and archetype.

Perhaps a power stemming from the light aspect of Elune? Are they merely just boring Knights of the Silver Hand? Make an argument for them instead of just pointing at 1 NPC because in all honesty we have a lot of one shot unique race/class combo NPCs that lead no where at the moment.
11/10/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Ryuthas

2)new archetype in the form of Prelates that can be categorized as a “Paladin” like Blood Knights, Vindicators and Sunwalkers that expand on the universe.

If you’re going to reason for Night Elf Paladin, make a suggestion that expands on the Night Elves’ unique subtitle and archetype.

Perhaps a power stemming from the light aspect of Elune? Are they merely just boring Knights of the Silver Hand? Make an argument for them instead of just pointing at 1 NPC because in all honesty we have a lot of one shot unique race/class combo NPCs that lead no where at the moment.

Okay so how about this: Night Elf Paladins wield the Light of Elune in a more aggressive and protective manner than a priest such that their power is nearly identical to that of the Paladins of the Light(Humans, Dwarves, and Draenei). They come to rise in prominence in light of the events of the Burning of Teldrassil and all that has since followed.

All that aside, there is no real reason as to why Night Elves shouldn't be able to become Paladin. They have both Priest and Warrior, it is not unreasonable nor is it hard to make the leap from those two classes into the amalgamation that is Paladin.
11/10/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Gwendollen

Okay so how about this: Night Elf Paladins wield the Light of Elune in a more aggressive and protective manner than a priest such that their power is nearly identical to that of the Paladins of the Light(Humans, Dwarves, and Draenei). They come to rise in prominence in light of the events of the Burning of Teldrassil and all that has since followed.

All that aside, there is no real reason as to why Night Elves shouldn't be able to become Paladin. They have both Priest and Warrior, it is not unreasonable nor is it hard to make the leap from those two classes into the amalgamation that is Paladin.
I do agree it’s easy to use Elune as your plot device for easy Light Lore, but your argument about Priests and Warriors is pretty weak.
Almost all races can roll those two classes, does that mean everyone should be able to roll a Paladin? I’d rather they continue adding more interesting sub titled Paladin orders instead.

Now let’s get back to the subject of Knights of Elune.
I think it has potential, HOWEVER recently they have revealed that the aggressive aspect of Elune seem to be symbolized by the Eclipse.
As Elune emits the light of Moonlight, so does she have a darker side represented by the eclipse.

That makes an aggressive warrior archetype of Elune better represented by the Dark side of Elune, THUS why they chose to represent Tyrande and her Night Warriors with pitch black eyes.
I wouldn’t want to see any Night Elf Night Warrior Paladins with black eyes. I think it would be conflicting in theme.
11/10/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Alyuzandro
11/10/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Gwendollen

I do agree it’s easy to use Elune as your plot device for easy Light Lore, but your argument about Priests and Warriors is pretty weak.
Almost all races can roll those two classes, does that mean everyone should be able to roll a Paladin? I’d rather they continue adding more interesting sub titled Paladin orders instead.

I think it has potential, HOWEVER recently they have revealed that the aggressive aspect of Elune seem to be symbolized by the Eclipse.
As Elune emits the light of Moonlight, so does she have a darker side represented by the eclipse.

That makes an aggressive warrior archetype of Elune better represented by the Dark side of Elune, THUS why they chose to represent Tyrande and her Night Warriors with pitch black eyes.
I wouldn’t want to see any Night Elf Night Warrior Paladins with black eyes. I think it would be conflicting in theme.

Light and Dark are an ancient dichotomy, and so while it is true that they've chosen to highlight an aspect of aggression as Dark in the Night Warriors that does not preclude there from being a Light response. Simply because Tyrande has chosen to walk a darker path does not thereby mean that all Kaldorei must walk the same path. They aren't the Forsaken, they don't blindly follow their leader.

And while you may not think Night Elf Paladins are interesting, I find it absolutely ridiculous that you would say it's weak to argue for Night Elf Paladins but then be perfectly content and defensive of Zandalari Paladins. The Zandalari have been the enemies of both factions for a long time. Suddenly they're allies with the Horde and it's fine for them to be Paladins despite their entire society not having anything to do with any sort of Light.

For you to say that the Horde "needs" more Paladin races but turn around and chastise me for wanting the Alliance to have more Paladin races is hypocritical at best, petty at worst.

You're probably the same people who argue that High Elves shouldn't be a playable race because "Blood Elves are High Elves hue hue hue". No one other than those who agree with you can have fun amirite?
there's an undead pally in game too but they still won't let that so probably not happening.

I think it would be cool and fun to have undead and N elf but for now i'm excited for zandalari pally
11/10/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Topicalmeme
No, that's weird. NIGHT elves and paladins who serve the LIGHT don't mix.

You sure? Considering there’s already one that converted and ion specifically said they did that so they can open the door for night elf Paladins..seems like it makes sense.

Realistically they could just use Elune in the same vein taurens use An’she. That’s probably why Delas was added to begin with since that makes sense.

Heck get even more creative and let nelf pallies use white light to symbolize it. Probably would never happen but figured it’d be cool. Either way, if taurens can use the sun god as their source of faith I’m sure night elves could use Elune.
11/11/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Gwendollen
11/10/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Alyuzandro
...I do agree it’s easy to use Elune as your plot device for easy Light Lore, but your argument about Priests and Warriors is pretty weak.

Light and Dark are an ancient dichotomy, and so while it is true that they've chosen to highlight an aspect of aggression as Dark in the Night Warriors that does not preclude there from being a Light response. Simply because Tyrande has chosen to walk a darker path does not thereby mean that all Kaldorei must walk the same path. They aren't the Forsaken, they don't blindly follow their leader.

And while you may not think Night Elf Paladins are interesting, I find it absolutely ridiculous that you would say it's weak to argue for Night Elf Paladins but then be perfectly content and defensive of Zandalari Paladins. The Zandalari have been the enemies of both factions for a long time. Suddenly they're allies with the Horde and it's fine for them to be Paladins despite their entire society not having anything to do with any sort of Light.

For you to say that the Horde "needs" more Paladin races but turn around and chastise me for wanting the Alliance to have more Paladin races is hypocritical at best, petty at worst.

You're probably the same people who argue that High Elves shouldn't be a playable race because "Blood Elves are High Elves hue hue hue". No one other than those who agree with you can have fun amirite?
Lmao your true salty colours are showing.
Like I said, stay on topic and make up some excuse for yourself or gtfo.
Night Warriors are the next big thing for Night Elves, so make up a good reason there should be Day warriors LOL.
Stop embarrassing yourself by making others who disagree with you High self haters. How pathetic.
11/11/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Ryuthas

Night Warriors are the next big thing for Night Elves, so make up a good reason there should be Day warriors LOL.
Stop embarrassing yourself by making others who disagree with you High self haters. How pathetic.

I don't think it's that far fetched and you didn't really give a good response as to why it can't be a thing.
There's also a jaina-I mean dreadlord paladin, does that mean we get to play demon paladins?

No, no night elf paladins. It's bad enough that they got mage spec because lore depicts them as shunning magic. And no, nature/lunar stuff isn't the "light magic" or anything similar.
11/11/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Ryuthas

I tried to play this your way, I tried to give you reasons and instead of responding to those after I gave them to you you wait until I get a little annoyed with another person that you then deign to respond and only about my annoyance. Using that annoyance as a means to discard anything else I had said and simply say "lol ur salty gtfo".

Night Warrior is not a class, it being "the next big thing" is somewhat irrelevant to this topic as a result. However, as Tyrande and others walk a path of Vengence in the Dark of Elune others could reject this notion and stay true to the Light of Elune and seek Justice through it. This could create an interesting intra-racial discordance within the Night Elves leading to a sort of conflict of ideals about how they(and we) deal with such massive tragedies.
I wish people would stop trying to play the fun police and tell others what does and doesn't make sense. The lore reasons behind race/class combinations went out the window awhile ago with some of the things they've added. I think more customization in game would appeal to a larger demographic. People like feeling unique, that's why we have transmog now too.
11/11/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Axolotll
There's also a jaina-I mean dreadlord paladin, does that mean we get to play demon paladins?

No, no night elf paladins. It's bad enough that they got mage spec because lore depicts them as shunning magic. And no, nature/lunar stuff isn't the "light magic" or anything similar.

I totally forgot about the demon thing. That was pretty funny haha

They're not an excuse but I am. An'she and Mu'sha, or as you elves call her "Elune," are the right and left eye of the earth mother.

I can't see why my kaldorei brothers and sisters couldn't pray to their eye just like I did and receive their goddess blessing.
11/11/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Shticky
I wish people would stop trying to play the fun police and tell others what does and doesn't make sense. The lore reasons behind race/class combinations went out the window awhile ago with some of the things they've added. I think more customization in game would appeal to a larger demographic. People like feeling unique, that's why we have transmog now too.

Why don't you stop being the fun police to those that enjoy lore?
11/12/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Tahirah

They're not an excuse but I am. An'she and Mu'sha, or as you elves call her "Elune," are the right and left eye of the earth mother.

I can't see why my kaldorei brothers and sisters couldn't pray to their eye just like I did and receive their goddess blessing.
11/11/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Shticky

Why don't you stop being the fun police to those that enjoy lore?

I think what he's trying to get at is that using the Lore as means to stop people from playing what they want to play(and in this case, it's not even something far-fetched or without basis)is kind of silly. It's one thing to enjoy the Lore, it's another to use it as immovable and immutable law to prevent others from playing what they think is fun(and again in this case it's something that already has one example present within the lore and isn't like desiring and asking to be an undead druid. Night Elves are already on the side of Life with a source of Light to which they are devoted.)
11/12/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Gwendollen

I think what he's trying to get at is that using the Lore as means to stop people from playing what they want to play(and in this case, it's not even something far-fetched or without basis)is kind of silly. It's one thing to enjoy the Lore, it's another to use it as immovable and immutable law to prevent others from playing what they think is fun(and again in this case it's something that already has one example present within the lore and isn't like desiring and asking to be an undead druid. Night Elves are already on the side of Life with a source of Light to which they are devoted.)

Eredar (the original draenei) were able to be warlocks. Therefore, draenei should be warlocks! What...
11/12/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Axolotll
11/12/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Gwendollen

Eredar (the original draenei) were able to be warlocks. Therefore, draenei should be warlocks! What...

I’m not really sure what your point is? You act as if the lore never changes. We get new lore all the time. Night warrior is literally something completely random never mentioned before to give Tyrande a power up. Couple other things happen too that are pretty new during the warfront.

Saying that night elves can’t be Paladins due to lore is pointless as they can (and already have) change the lore any time they want to accommodate adding something new and in some cases like the night elves they don’t even have to change much.

Ion literally said they added Delas so they could eventually add night elf Paladins to the game. Delas was a priestess that converted to being a Paladin, plain and simple. We already knew that kinda stuff is possible and why would it not make sense for priestess’ of Elune to shift into a more battle-hardened role?

Using lore as an excuse for something not happening is as silly as you think night elf Paladins are. “The team is getting a little more open to different race/class combinations, such as the introduction of a Night Elf Paladin during the Legion story. There is nothing planned in the near future for new combinations.” Can literally add to or change the lore any time they want.
You people won't be satisfied until every single !@#$ing Alliance race has Paladins, will you?
11/12/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Taeldoriàn

I’m not really sure what your point is? You act as if the lore never changes. We get new lore all the time. Night warrior is literally something completely random never mentioned before to give Tyrande a power up. Couple other things happen too that are pretty new during the warfront.

Saying that night elves can’t be Paladins due to lore is pointless as they can (and already have) change the lore any time they want to accommodate adding something new and in some cases like the night elves they don’t even have to change much.

Ion literally said they added Delas so they could eventually add night elf Paladins to the game. Delas was a priestess that converted to being a Paladin, plain and simple. We already knew that kinda stuff is possible and why would it not make sense for priestess’ of Elune to shift into a more battle-hardened role?

Using lore as an excuse for something not happening is as silly as you think night elf Paladins are. “The team is getting a little more open to different race/class combinations, such as the introduction of a Night Elf Paladin during the Legion story. There is nothing planned in the near future for new combinations.” Can literally add to or change the lore any time they want.

Sure, if we want to make it so every single race in the game can be every single class, let's add paladin to every race that can be a priest and a warrior (that's every race except for orcs). Let's also make it so all races can be monks, because pandaren are apart of the open world now, and should be able to teach the new races their monk style. Allow void elf and nightborne to be demon hunters, because they are elves.

Lore changes all the time, let's just make some new crap up to fit "individuality."

Edit: To be clear, I am actually not against races getting new classes, I just don't think it would be necessary for every race to be every class. Otherwise this would be "World of being whatever the fck I wanna be because RPG" - if nelf gets paladin, worgen gets paladin. #worgenmasterrace