Give Us Allied Races

General Discussion
We dont want anymore grind. We want allies races, cause we paid for them, NO TO GRIND. We paid for an expansion, we want content and features that we paid for,NO MORE POINTLESS GRIND!!!
ill say true blizzard didnt say you would have to grind to unlock allied races....false advertising imo.
MMORPG isn't the genre of game for you then my friend.
I paid for bfa, give me the mythic gear
You did not pay for:

20 free levels
Overpowered racials
Heritage armor

Go earn it.

I would hate to be employed with you as part of my team. I would get you fired asap.
ARs are cosmetic reskins. They're a visual reward for playing the game. If you want them so badly, go unlock them.
0/10.
It's not sunday.
All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet.

"Wait, I have to get up and get my own food? I paid for it so I should get ALL of it!"
11/10/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Krider
ARs are cosmetic reskins. They're a visual reward for playing the game. If you want them so badly, go unlock them.

I guess that means everyone can stop complaining that horde have better racials since races are just reskins and have no impact on anything. Horde absolutely doesn't have better racial because a troll and a human are just different skins and are exactly the same.

11/10/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Poisonberry
20 free levels

Boy, that months long rep grind def justifies skipping that first hour of leveling!

Besides, that's more for the devs benefit than ours. They didn't have to create starting zones because they "let us" skip the levels that would need one. It was not for our benefit, it was to cut corners.

I'll say it again for the people in the back. They new races start at 20 because they didn't want to make starting zones. It was easier for them. Period. End of reasons they starts at 20.
The issue a lot of people are missing here is precedent. When vanilla came out, you had access to all races. When Cata? released (Can't remember) you had instant access to Drainae (or however you spell that). When MoP came out, you had instant access to pandas.

The precedent was established. The norm and expectations where established. So I can certainly understand why people might view the whole rep grind thing for allied races as an artificial time gating mechanism for those who just want to play the race they want.

There are legitimate differences here to e.g. Getting epic loot, that you cannot blithely dismiss.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot, worgen too you had instant access to. Don't remember which expansion that was. But it further proves my point.
11/10/2018 05:32 PMPosted by You
0/10.
It's not sunday.

it's been sunday for 13 hours where i live.

this post was made within the acceptable sunday timeframe :)
Another complaint thread from lazy people. Yes the rep grinds are boring but if you really want them then get them.. This game isn't for lazy ppl.
11/10/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Valrayne
The issue a lot of people are missing here is precedent. When vanilla came out, you had access to all races. When Cata? released (Can't remember) you had instant access to Drainae (or however you spell that). When MoP came out, you had instant access to pandas.

The precedent was established. The norm and expectations where established. So I can certainly understand why people might view the whole rep grind thing for allied races as an artificial time gating mechanism for those who just want to play the race they want.

There are legitimate differences here to e.g. Getting epic loot, that you cannot blithely dismiss.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot, worgen too you had instant access to. Don't remember which expansion that was. But it further proves my point.
The only "time" gate is how long it takes you to do the requirements. They're not that bad. It puts the power in the player to get them. If there was an arbitrary "Wait a week before X becomes available" then that's a time gate.
11/10/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Anufenrir
11/10/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Valrayne

The only "time" gate is how long it takes you to do the requirements. They're not that bad. It puts the power in the player to get them. If there was an arbitrary "Wait a week before X becomes available" then that's a time gate.
A time gate by any other name is still a time gate.
You are going to grind and you are going to like it! >:C
11/10/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Valrayne
11/10/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Anufenrir
... The only "time" gate is how long it takes you to do the requirements. They're not that bad. It puts the power in the player to get them. If there was an arbitrary "Wait a week before X becomes available" then that's a time gate.
A time gate by any other name is still a time gate.
Except again, by definition, it's not a time gate.
Blizz is literally rewarding you for doing stuff you'd normally do anyway. The complaint boils down to "We don't want to play the game, we just want the reward".
11/10/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Hamoron
Another complaint thread from lazy people. Yes the rep grinds are boring but if you really want them then get them.. This game isn't for lazy ppl.

You sound like a former EverQuest player.
As someone that has grinded for all the Allied Races, including Zandalari and Kul tiran... Yeah, the rep grinding is pretty pointless.

IMO I'd leave the rep grinding for the Heritage armor and other cosmetics tbh.
11/10/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Poisonberry
You did not pay for:

20 free levels
Overpowered racials
Heritage armor

Go earn it.

I would hate to be employed with you as part of my team. I would get you fired asap.

You did pay at one time for Dks goblins worgens etc etc and in a few cases new classes that werent begated behind rep grinds. Just top already. The rep grindi s killing this game.