Give Us Allied Races

General Discussion
11/10/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Poisonberry
You did not pay for:

20 free levels
Overpowered racials
Heritage armor

Go earn it.

I would hate to be employed with you as part of my team. I would get you fired asap.

You do realise the OP is paying Blizz, not the other way 'round, right?

What you're really saying is that a company is entitled to the customer's money, and if the customer has objections, then they're lazy and should be fired.
You people calling others lazy had no problem using the 110 boost.
Did not take me tooo long to grind out for Nightborne. I was already honored from the last time I was there and I just did all the WQ's everytime I logged on and continued the Suramar storyline and the Insurrection one (which is needed anyway). It came to the point that the Insurrection quest line helped rep me all the way to exalted. The questline just went for ages it felt but maybe just as well.

I only did the Withered training stuff thrice and I wasn't that great at it and the Court of Stars and Arcway were not needed at all.

I don't know what it's like for the Allied Races yet.
11/10/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Cokie
You people calling others lazy had no problem using the 110 boost.

I have never used a boost once except the free one and don't even play the char I used it for lol.
11/10/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Valrayne
The issue a lot of people are missing here is precedent. When vanilla came out, you had access to all races. When Cata? released (Can't remember) you had instant access to Drainae (or however you spell that). When MoP came out, you had instant access to pandas.

The precedent was established. The norm and expectations where established. So I can certainly understand why people might view the whole rep grind thing for allied races as an artificial time gating mechanism for those who just want to play the race they want.

There are legitimate differences here to e.g. Getting epic loot, that you cannot blithely dismiss.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot, worgen too you had instant access to. Don't remember which expansion that was. But it further proves my point.

In which previous expansion did we have allied races? Either I must have forgotten or they are a "new" feature introduced in the pre-BFA patch.
11/10/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Poisonberry
You did not pay for:

20 free levels
Overpowered racials
Heritage armor

Go earn it.

I would hate to be employed with you as part of my team. I would get you fired asap.

I’m sad, my Orcs went from green to brown but the racials were better in the past.
Oh well, at least me and my totems are SEXY.
/Flex
Nothing special I wouldn't fret about it.
Oh sorry, I thought playing a game was about to do fun stuff.

That's good! Because I can catch a break from all the fun stuff I have IRL and come into a game to make my life miserable.. makes sense.

Btw I think there's still too much fun in this game... Please add grind for all races and classes to unlock, add RNG (ie drop intellect and healing trinkets for warriors), remove some more abilities, neglect few more classes and remove mounts completely so everyone will be forced to walk to go places.
11/10/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Sugilite
Did not take me tooo long to grind out for Nightborne. I was already honored from the last time I was there and I just did all the WQ's everytime I logged on and continued the Suramar storyline and the Insurrection one (which is needed anyway). It came to the point that the Insurrection quest line helped rep me all the way to exalted. The questline just went for ages it felt but maybe just as well.

I only did the Withered training stuff thrice and I wasn't that great at it and the Court of Stars and Arcway were not needed at all.

I don't know what it's like for the Allied Races yet.
Mostly the same; Do the story stuff and then reach exalted with the matching rep. Takes a few weeks to do.
To be honest i’m still grinding for the two new races. I want to get this over with but it’s really killing my want to play the actual race.

It doesn’t help that i’m basically doing the exact same rep twice either.
11/10/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Corachin
11/10/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Valrayne
The issue a lot of people are missing here is precedent. When vanilla came out, you had access to all races. When Cata? released (Can't remember) you had instant access to Drainae (or however you spell that). When MoP came out, you had instant access to pandas.

The precedent was established. The norm and expectations where established. So I can certainly understand why people might view the whole rep grind thing for allied races as an artificial time gating mechanism for those who just want to play the race they want.

There are legitimate differences here to e.g. Getting epic loot, that you cannot blithely dismiss.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot, worgen too you had instant access to. Don't remember which expansion that was. But it further proves my point.

In which previous expansion did we have allied races? Either I must have forgotten or they are a "new" feature introduced in the pre-BFA patch.

Here comes that allied semantic! A race is a race unless you're a wanna-be green knight.
To be fair, grinding out old content isn't exactly exciting
Just think of the possibilities if we stomach this. Pretty soon it will take you half of the expansion and a time-gated tedious world quest humping trickle grind to unlock mail, auctions, and flight paths again. You know, you should have to earn those.
I paid for Mario Bros. Why isn't Bowser dead when I start the game?
11/10/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Aingra

Wow, you just opened my eyes with that totally relative argument!
I mean, mmorpgs are a grindfest by design...
Im not opposed to it.
11/10/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Orma
To be fair, grinding out old content isn't exactly exciting

I concour with this. I commented earlier that mmos are a grindfest, which im alright with.

But grinding outdated stuff feels bad.
11/10/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Aingra

That's the end of the game though. Wanting to use a character isn't the end of the game and secondly, it should be at the start of the game like all the others are when you log in.
I don't mind unlocking stuff, but the current method of grinding World Quests is pretty unfair. I wish we could also get rep from content like PvP and Dungeons.