XP should be removed from Battlegrounds.

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 7 Next
WoW battlegrounds used to be a great place for PvP'rs to thrive and have fun. Ever since XP was added to battlegrounds it no longer became a place for pvp, but a express lane to max level from xp gains. This became such a great way to mindlessly level up characters that a whole bot phenomenon blew up because of this change and took blizzard years and tons of $$ to combat it. This all happened by catering to lazy players who want a easy way to max level in a mmorpg, these same players then complain about gear disparity cause they want rewards for participating but not doing anything really meaningful. This same player base almost completely ruined the very foundation of that which WoW is built on. When you are constantly giving free handouts and nothing is truly earned, then there is no value in it, it loses its luster very quickly and gets discarded often. So i feel that removing xp from battlegrounds which is how the game was originally designed puts leveling players back where they belong. In zones running quests, participating in dungeons, out in the world filling it up with activity. Sure let them pvp when they are bored and want some action like it used to be but that doesn't mean XP needs to be the reward, i think the bg boxes and honor is more than a sufficient reward.
Have a nice day!!!
No

Have a nice day
This is so funny.

You don't want levelers in your bg's and levelers don't want twinks in theirs, however, twinks are scared to death of having the ques separated again.

Sounds to me like separating the ques is a win/win for everyone.
11/12/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Phialia

It was when it happened before. The QoL for everyone vastly improved. Levelers could experience a little PVP to take a break from the monotonous grind and the other guys could have their BGs without levelers ruining them by doing non-value added things like capping flags or taking objectives when they should be camping GYs.
I didn't say levelers shouldn't be in bgs. Bgs doesn't need xp as a reward.
slightly off topic but there would still be "twinks" if they separated the queues. people would get full heirlooms and enchants and own the noobs and complainers just like they do now

they may not have bis, but the difference isnt even that big these days
That doesn't make sense. If people don't want to take a break from the mundane quest grind, they can do BGs instead.

EDIT: Even when heirlooms existed, people still went for objectives. So that comment was a wash.
11/12/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Greyhide
That doesn't make sense. If people don't want to take a break from the mundane quest grind, they can do BGs instead.

EDIT: Even when heirlooms existed, people still went for objectives. So that comment was a wash.
I wish you would stop trolling, you must have a character leveling business that has been affected by the great hands of twinks.
Since when is having an objective opinion on a topic considered "trolling?" Did the definition get changed recently?
11/12/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Greyhide

what are you even talking about? i go for objectives every game. cant control what others do though
Before queues were split, GY camping was "the cool thing to do." When they were split, it was like day/night. People were actually capping flags, taking nodes, etc. WSG was awesome and actually felt like a game of "capture the flag" instead of "GY whack-a-mole."
Look at this dude xD
11/12/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Greyhide
Before queues were split, GY camping was "the cool thing to do." When they were split, it was like day/night. People were actually capping flags, taking nodes, etc. WSG was awesome and actually felt like a game of "capture the flag" instead of "GY whack-a-mole."

camping isnt even that common these days, due to no gear rewards for farming

its hardly what i would call an epidemic
11/12/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/12/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Phialia

It was when it happened before. The QoL for everyone vastly improved. Levelers could experience a little PVP to take a break from the monotonous grind and the other guys could have their BGs without levelers ruining them by doing non-value added things like capping flags or taking objectives when they should be camping GYs.

The quality of bgs while leveling did vastly improve once xp off was introduced, and the twinks moved to that (and into a separate queue).

Adding experience to bgs was one of the best things added, low level queue times dropped significantly, and bgs became more fun.
Maybe I'm just awful at recognizing one when it's in front of me, but I don't think I've seen an actual bot in a really, really long time.

I'm definitely fine with BGs offering experience. It's yet another way to level beyond gathering ten boar butts and having more options is better than having fewer.

I understand your concern with the losing team still being rewarded with experience, though. People aren't given the same incentive to win when they still get something for losing- which is why conquest isn't awarded to the losing team at max level. They're given far less experience than the winners though, right? That should be sufficient enough without disrupting some players' favorite leveling method.

Sounds to me like you could really stand to benefit from separate brackets for experience off (twinks) and experience on. Join us on the sensible side, Sun.
Nah.

Remove the XP-off option and triple the XP gain from BGs instead.
11/12/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Erelir
Maybe I'm just awful at recognizing one when it's in front of me, but I don't think I've seen an actual bot in a really, really long time.

It got really bad during warlords. They cracked down hard on bots during legion and blizz finally won a lawsuit against the company providing one of the most used bots. The company shut down in november of last year.
11/12/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Sun
ver since XP was added to battlegrounds it no longer became a place for pvp, but a express lane to max level from xp gains

This is just wrong. PvP is not the most efficient way to level, a combination of questing and dgs is on average the fastest, with extremely efficient group questing as the absolute fastest. The only way PvP can keep up with questing/dgs as far as xp per hour is if you win damn near every PvP match... which bots obviously aren't going to do, so that's not an especially efficient way of leveling. Sure people can set up a bot and get a small amount of xp from losing bgs over and over while they afk.. but bots can be set up to run dungeons, quest, gather proff stuff for xp, farm mobs/rares, etc... just because something can possibly be abused with bots doesn't mean the XP should be removed from it for everyone. That's an absolutely terrible solution.

11/12/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Sun
So i feel that removing xp from battlegrounds which is how the game was originally designed puts leveling players back where they belong. In zones running quests, participating in dungeons, out in the world filling it up with activity.

God no, please god no. This concept you have that leveling people "belong" in quest zones or dungeons is bullsh!t.. that is simply where YOU think people should level. Personally I can't stand questing, and dungeons get old after one or two runs of the same instance, so I level almost all my alts primarily in PvP. I sit in org or dal or Zuldazar, whatever the main city is, and chain que bgs and arena skirms, with a few dgs in between. I've leveled this way as far back as Cata, when it was wildly inefficient, having fun while leveling to me is much more important than getting to end game as fast as possible. If they removed XP entirely then people like me would be completely boned, we would either have to just not level alts or be forced into doing stuff we hate just to get to end game so we can play how we want to. Forcing players to level with only PvE would not be a good thing for the game in any way, giving players choices and a variety of options for how to get to end game is nothing but a plus.
So gaining experience and working toward max level "almost completely ruined the very foundation of that which WoW is built on"? Interesting perspective.
11/12/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Greyhide
No

Have a nice day