XP should be removed from Battlegrounds.

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/14/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Valarien
11/14/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Sun
you have low reading comprehension. I said XP should not be a reward for battlegrounds. Has nothing to do with segregation,.... nerd.

Why the hell would anyone other then twinks be in battlegrounds if they didn't award experience then?

The end result would be the same as separating the queues.
wrong, players qued to pvp all the time with no xp rewards ... bgs popped all the time in vanilla and tbc. Xp wasn't added until wotlk. Everyone completely omits that xpoff segregation was killed by blizzard cause the ques were broke even when enough players were qued only later did the system get fixed but the damage was done.
AI based PVP Warfront style scenarios for all lower levels would really help this issue.
Players who are leveling need other options to break the monotony of questing, while still progressing with experience. I feel that many "Levelers" do not really want to be forced into a competitive PVP environment which is somewhat reliant on basic gearing in order to be viable. Blizzard has really tried with BFA to make gearing more accessible and balanced for all, the most balanced statistically ever.
And yet most players really seem to have issues utilizing these options while leveling through instanced PVP. As we have seen from all of the "Twink threads".

I do not think that Blizzard should remove experience from Battlegrounds, BUT they should give other options for the "Levelers" to partake in instance style
PVP AI Warfronts.

Give the "Levelers" who want a change of pace a place to do it, where they are not such a hindrance on the Battleground PVP crowd.
These AI instances using "Template" style system and reward much better XP.
I think a stats or item pairing might be better, twinks are for trash players imo, and they do not deserve any kind of respect as pvp players, what's the point of stomping the enemy team that way, this shiitty practice should be punished or blizzard should fix the game
11/14/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Neeralak
twinks are for trash players imo, and they do not deserve any kind of respect as pvp players,

Put some Crusader/Enchants on that toon and you could be called a
FOTM BFA "Twink" too.

Irony.
11/14/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Neeralak
I think a stats or item pairing might be better, twinks are for trash players imo, and they do not deserve any kind of respect as pvp players, what's the point of stomping the enemy team that way, this shiitty practice should be punished or blizzard should fix the game

You're playing a FOTM lowbie class wearing full BoA's.

Hello Mr. Twink.
hell no

one of my favorite things to do is level via bg's instead of the incredibly tedious quest system or repetitive dungeon system

lets increase our play options, not restrict them
11/12/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Phialia
This is so funny.

You don't want levelers in your bg's and levelers don't want twinks in theirs, however, twinks are scared to death of having the ques separated again.

Sounds to me like separating the ques is a win/win for everyone.

I'd actually like all-twink BG's. It gets tiring to have a group of 3-5 and the Horde side is literally 15 twinks queued over discord with us stuck with 12 scrubs trying to level and who do nothing but whine in chat. When we're alll together, we destroy the players we face but they're getting numbers over us ( the old Horde way ).
11/14/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Sun
bgs popped all the time in vanilla and tbc

This isn't vanilla or tbc. Let's try to keep perspective, especially with the playerbase being at an all time low.

Levelers wouldn't queue anymore if there wasn't experience. It would become an exclusive twink battleground. At that point you would accomplish that same goal by splitting the queues.

11/14/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Sun
but the damage was done

You can argue that if you want. I can also argue twinks stopped queuing in the end because it wasn't as fun without the allure of rolling over noobs. There, now we both have our opinions out in the open.
BG exp is a joke compared to chaining quests
11/12/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Phialia
This is so funny.

You don't want levelers in your bg's and levelers don't want twinks in theirs, however, twinks are scared to death of having the ques separated again.

Sounds to me like separating the ques is a win/win for everyone.

nailed it
11/15/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Corpseworth
nailed it

The good old separated bracket days, so much old information is still very current. Check the dates, "Separated" expansion.
02/05/2011 08:40 PMPosted by Aléxåndros
kinda funny how all of the real twinks said this would happen. we get our own queues now and you guys find a new scape goat to point your finger at when you get stomped.

Makes it painfully obvious that most levelers are too lazy to properly gear for PVP.

02/06/2011 01:55 AMPosted by Daisyadair
This is such a pointless argument anymore. It so EASY to gear up now at a low level that any player can be in full blues by the time they are in their 20's. If you keybind your abilities, dont keyboard turn and pay attention to your surroundings in bgs you will be a Juggernaut throughout your leveling bg experience.

So dont complain about others having better gear when gear is so easily obtainable. There are quests at the beginning of every low level dung that gives great gear, not to mention the Satchel for randoms. Plus each starting zone has questlines that end in really nice blue gear. So stop being bad and improve your game.

08/19/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Valfar
Everybody knows about the GY camp problems and the fact that it is an occasion to celebrate if you get in an evenly matched, competitive battleground where it really could go either way. Every time I queue as an alt, it's either steamroll or be steamrolled with almost no in between.
I wonder if anyone has any quotes from any relevant people?
im not in favor of removing exp or separating the queues. wait times are long enough as it is, the player base isnt all that healthy right now because of this expansion

if they made gear not matter at all, i would still play. i dont twink to crush everyone i do it because bfa sucks. any noob can get geared these days too
The queue times are a non-issue for separation because they actually made queues pop faster. Mine went from average of 15 minutes to around 8. People were more willing to queue up because the quality of battlegrounds (namely XP-OFF) improved astronomically. It wasn't a festival of GY camping by people with character names like "Expartgamer" from guilds with names like "Dun Wurry We're Pro".
11/15/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Greyhide
The queue times are a non-issue for separation because they actually made queues pop faster. Mine went from average of 15 minutes to around 8. People were more willing to queue up because the quality of battlegrounds (namely XP-OFF) improved astronomically. It wasn't a festival of GY camping by people with character names like "Expartgamer" from guilds with names like "Dun Wurry We're Pro".

that was years ago, anyone can get geared these days. get heirlooms and enchants and you are good to go

no need to cater to people who dont want to spend the minimal time it takes to be competitive. this is an mmorpg.
Ahhh the good ol days...

When twinks swore that they "wanted to fight other twinks"...

Then they seperated the twinks and non twinks and no twinks ever queued....

Looks like it was just fun to curbstomp undergeared people
11/15/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Kallie
Ahhh the good ol days...

When twinks swore that they "wanted to fight other twinks"...

Then they seperated the twinks and non twinks and no twinks ever queued....

Looks like it was just fun to curbstomp undergeared people

not a good argument, we cant control how many people are in the queue. i have said many times why i do it, but no one pays any attention
11/15/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Greyhide
I wonder if anyone has any quotes from any relevant people?
I mean you are not relevant either.
11/15/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Felshout
im not in favor of removing exp or separating the queues. wait times are long enough as it is, the player base isnt all that healthy right now because of this expansion

if they made gear not matter at all, i would still play. i dont twink to crush everyone i do it because bfa sucks. any noob can get geared these days too
Yup bfa is bad que times at 120 are worse then lower lvl XD