Warrior life at 60...

Classic Discussion
I didn't level this warrior until cata and I'm thinking about leveling one in classic wow. My goal is to be DPS spec but I'd also be willing to tank.

What I'm wondering is, how was life as 60 DPS warrior with dungeon blues?? I'm asking about PvE, PvP, and life out in the world farming for professions or farming mobs. I know they're more gear dependant than mages....but in dungeon blues are they more towards a wrecking ball or a struggle bus?
It's a life of binge eating and gear farming. After all that is done. You're the best.
I was considering doing something similar so I'm curious what others have to say
11/12/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Griffnarr
how was life as 60 DPS warrior with dungeon blues??

Not that great. You would be spending a good bit of time waiting for rage because of your low crit values. They're certainly much better in blues than they are when they hit 60, and you'd do fine farming mobs. Of course you could mine, if mob grinding is too slow for you. Fury really picks up during AQ. Your tank life on the other hand... enjoy being very popular. You'll get whispered every 5 minutes to tank something as you're leveling, and it doesn't stop at 60.
Life was great as a level 60 warrior in blues. Questing and farming was good. Warriors were a top tier class in Vanilla. Just spec into Blood Craze and abuse the health regen mechanic. Every once in a while Sit while in combat and you're guaranteed to get crit thus activating the heal over time effect from it.

Bring lots of food and bandages, which is a given for any class/spec aside from maybe Lock/Hunter.
Fury Warriors are pretty good with early end-game blues in all PVE, “okay” in PVP and probably good for farming with the right talents.

Arms is great in PVP even with fresh 60 gear as long as you have at least Ice-Barbed Spear.

And of course Warriors are the best tanks throughout Vanilla.
Mostly getting tells asking you to tank a 5man and waiting for healer friends to log in so you can PvP.
I'm wondering... If I level a dwarf warrior to 60, do I get to be a Mountain King like Muradin?
11/12/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Sephrinx
Life was great as a level 60 warrior in blues. Questing and farming was good. Warriors were a top tier class in Vanilla. Just spec into Blood Craze and abuse the health regen mechanic. Every once in a while Sit while in combat and you're guaranteed to get crit thus activating the heal over time effect from it.

Bring lots of food and bandages, which is a given for any class/spec aside from maybe Lock/Hunter.

Be prepared to tank as noone wants a utility less dps in a 5 man. While they all want you to tank...I would take anything that can dps over a warrior dps as it brings nothing except dps. I would rather have sheep or fear or sleep or rez or health stones or tranq or sap or anything other than just raw dps.
11/12/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Sephrinx

Private server bug. Not something that happens in actual vanilla wow. It's even mentioned in patch notes that /sit doesn't proc enrage, reck, etc.

Edit: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Sit?oldid=360741
I didn't level this warrior until cata and I'm thinking about leveling one in classic wow. My goal is to be DPS spec but I'd also be willing to tank.

What I'm wondering is, how was life as 60 DPS warrior with dungeon blues?? I'm asking about PvE, PvP, and life out in the world farming for professions or farming mobs. I know they're more gear dependant than mages....but in dungeon blues are they more towards a wrecking ball or a struggle bus?

DPS Warriors were (typically) regarded as retarded during original, Vanilla WoW.

Good tank warriors were in (relatively) short supply and never had to wait for instance runs.

False, unless you're comparing it to a fresh 60 warrior in quest greens.

Full dungeon blues is where dps warrior starts to become bearable, but is more the turning point between bad and good rather than being on either side. You won't be rage starved, but you'll definitely still wish you had more.

Also as was mentioned above, dps warriors aren't very desirable in 5 mans. Too many dps warriors forget that they need to hold back dps and will constantly pull threat and die. A dead dps is a worthless dps. Even if you don't pull and die, you still don't bring much outside of raw dps. On top of that, most warrior tanks will still be rolling on dps gear for their off-spec. Bottom line, it's far better to tank dungeons than to dps them.
Anytime you say you are looking for a group expect to get whispers asking if you can tank. When you say no only dps expect to get no more whispers.
I appreciate all the responses so far. Just to clarify, my question isn't about whether or not I'd be better off tanking dungeons. My question is more about how it feels doing things out in the world, killing mobs, WPvP, and what not while being geared in dungeon blues.
short term pain for long term gain

a warriors mantra
What I'm wondering is, how was life as 60 DPS warrior with dungeon blues??

Depends what blues. If you get 1.12 pre raid bis you will do great DPS. If you go horde and get an windfury totem in your group even better dps
11/12/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Apropos
short term pain for long term gain

a warriors mantra

well said.
If I remember right, warriors at 60 were pretty crappy in DPS spec with blue gear. You really needed gear from AQ40 to stand a chance in PvP and fighting one mob could be death. I'd avoid at all costs unless you are set on tanking. If not, roll another, better, class....like a rogue ;)
11/12/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Griffnarr
I appreciate all the responses so far. Just to clarify, my question isn't about whether or not I'd be better off tanking dungeons. My question is more about how it feels doing things out in the world, killing mobs, WPvP, and what not while being geared in dungeon blues.

Warriors have little to no self sustain like bfa. It's crucial you bring plenty of health pots, food, and first aid.

As for all classes, if you just pulled a mob and an enemy player emerges from the bushes and starts pelting you in the back, you will have little to no chance in winning. Self sustain is pretty much non existent in vanilla wow.
I got my warrior (1st character) to 52 in vanilla and good god was it rough. No gold to buy gear so the odd blue was all i had. Such a pain if you cant find another to level with.