Bringing Back Polish and Flavor

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
First and foremost what I mean by polish and flavor, I am referencing the little things in games. I am talking about those times in games where doing a seemingly pointless self-directed exploration of an area ends in some sort of nod by the dev team acknowledging you for your efforts. Something I think WoW lacks in. While leveling.... if I stumble upon a cave in WoW, I avoid it entirely. As I know either a quest will take me there later, or a bunch of mobs are waiting for me in there that will be a pain for no reward.

Skippable personal story: A most recent personal example of flavor in a game is during my play through of Super Mario Odyssey. There are numerous instances where exploring the world and getting into insanely hard to reach areas surprisingly reward you with a stack of coins just waiting for you. Sure coins don't mean much but it puts a smile on your face that the Dev's acknowledged that someone would eventually reach this remote area of the map and left a small prize there for them.

In my recent downtime of WoW I have begun to start a mini expedition on experiencing a little bit of every class and race. During my roll as a rogue, I noticed they get a seemingly useless ability like "Pickpocket." I have no clue if this is used more extensively in end-game content, but I found this little ability fun as hell to use and wished for more in-game use of it.

TLDR: Just read from here on.

This got me thinking. I really wish all classes would receive a flavorful ability like this in some sort of way, and would hope that Blizz would acknowledge this and provide some use or secrets to say using a combination of these abilities in a raid or dungeon, or even in normal exploration of zones to access a secret boss or area that has say a chest that can drop a specific once per character item that isn't garbage.

I just feel like now more than ever WoW is literally all about Mythic +, PvP, and raiding. All of which are steadily declining in activity from the looks of it. It is times like these where I begin to long for that old rpg flavor part of games; rewarding adventuring, exploration, and other activities aside from end game gear-ups.
I don't think they ever had polish people. Maybe try the witcher games?
*gets teleported above alterac*
*falls to death*
*server crashes*

ahh yes the good old days of "polish and flavor"

wow was most polished in legion, with order hall stories, flavor text, got milk steamy romance and such
I was unsubbed from MoP beta until BFAs announcement, and unsubbed again recently

One thing i noticed when playing through MoP, WoD, and to a lesser extent Legion, had more interesting vignettes and treasures or puzzles tucked away, or rares hidden away that dropped things

In BFA they're almost all just azerite chests and drops, not even any unique or interesting grey items
11/13/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Modawanam
*gets teleported above alterac*
*falls to death*
*server crashes*

ahh yes the good old days of "polish and flavor"

wow was most polished in legion, with order hall stories, flavor text, got milk steamy romance and such

Legion? Gross no, wotlk