It’s official. No iconic armor for night elves :(

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
11/13/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Moonrain
11/13/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Lóthorin
WHEW.

I did not want to run around in a loincloth.

Me neither, i want to run around without one.

*strips and runs*

Don't get me wrong. I, like all night elves, enjoy running through the woods naked with the breeze on my berries.

But for our iconic racial armor, I expect more.
I read that as him saying, it won't be identical, but similar and likely featuring more of the 3d assets we are seeing.
11/13/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Caelin
Last thing we need is more stripper armor, no one would go into combat wearing stuff like that...

Let's not bring realism into world of warcraft.
Last thing we need is more stripper armor, no one would go into combat wearing stuff like that...

No one would go into combat wearing the plate armor of the game and wilding the weapons we do.

This game is not based in reality and literally "cause magic" can explain skimpy armor. It's enchanted and puts a defensive aura around you so attacks don't penetrate even you're exposed areas.
11/13/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Slythize
Warden armor?

Pls.
Rogue Wardens! Mage Wardens! Druid Wardens! Demon Hunter Wardens???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudity_in_combat
I was hoping to wear something less bony eventually. Ah well.
11/13/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Shaldoris
Dang RIP.

I was looking forward to ogling those strapping nelf men.

This, very disappointed I couldn't be one of those skimpy, strapping nelf men. The bae's gonna be so sad with this news.

Speak for yourself.
11/13/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Sibenice
Because your thin leather gear does such a better job at protecting you from magic, wild beasts the size of a car and bosses the size of a house. Don't try to bring realism into a game with magic.

Enchanted leather armor, Hard to enchant armor that doesn't exist. I mean if the Horde are going to shot you in the @*#@#@@%, sure go for the stripper armor. I will stick to full body protection myself.
i thought the males looked especially good in that armor. it was designed well from all sides. wasnt too over the top. the females were skimpier than the males. the male version was very tastefully done.
It’ll probably be blue and gold with a lion on it.
11/13/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Scruit

... I go into combat wearing stripper armor

<---

I say, good show! Good show!

/Tosses a pence
Knowing blizz, they'll just give night elves some armor recolor similar to what they did for Trial of Style. All the recolors.
I'm still mad I can't wear a flower wreath despite restoration druids being an entire class.
It’s such an iconic look for the night elves, sucks that we will not be able to obtain that.

I hope it turns out beautiful anyways.
Why must you tease us night elf fans blizz.

That classic sentinel armour was always a favorite of mine.
11/13/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Moonsorrows
I'm still mad I can't wear a flower wreath despite restoration druids being an entire class.

God i'm still liable to have a salt filled fit over that decision.
11/13/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Crocuta
boooo, let my dude nelf run around lookin like kars from jojo!

We need a /pose emote
11/13/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Syrune
It’s such an iconic look for the night elves, sucks that we will not be able to obtain that.

I hope it turns out beautiful anyways.

Yeah, sorta like how they gave blood elves an epic looking armor set from Warcraft. Horde bias at it's best here.
11/13/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Zeropointt
It’ll probably be blue and gold with a lion on it.

Yep...a golden lion head codpiece.
I fight for the bikini's!