It’s official. No iconic armor for night elves :(

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
11/13/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Bipzi
So you want to look like NPC's?

when they look better....yes.

the darkshore event armour was nice for night elves.

Nightborne NPC is awesome. Nightborne player run....is not as awesome.

NPC's have been getting good stuff here and there really. Inserts wish of heritage extended to weapons too. Some are getting nice weapons looks now too. After all the guards I killed in suramar...one would think I'd have taken at least one weapon for a trophy.
11/13/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Vaenaru
Friendly reminder that the set in question was NEVER some new HD BfA model. I don't know if it used something from Cata as a base model or not (potentially something that never made it into the game?), but it's quality is about where we were back then, at best. It was bad, but good enough for NPCs no one would look at too closely for more than a few seconds.

I, for one, would have been very annoyed to see that shoehorned in as the Night Elf heritage armor.

If that's truly what you want, then make your arguments for creating something reminiscent of that model, like the source says. Something built from the ground up would be infinitely better.

That said, I wouldn't mind them throwing the existing set in somewhere as just a regular, non-heritage, set, but with it's low standard of quality it would have to be put somewhere that won't make people think poorly of BfA. Maybe Darkmoon Faire or something. Or just a gold sink vendor somewhere since it might be out of place as a race-restricted armor set in DMF.

Unless we are looking at completely different armors, you're 100% wrong on this. The texture quality may not be superb, but the armor itself utilizes the newer Armor Geo-sets that were introduced in Legion for things like the loin cloth. Prior to Legion all armor, besides helms and shoulders, used a very limited selection of model assets and drew their textures from a single layered image source.

Tabards use the texture from your sides for the hanging cloth. Skirts/Robes use the exact same texture location as all other Leg armor. That 1 shirt with a "mini skirt" effect uses the bottom edge of the Chest texture stretched over an extended surface. Robe Sleeves, Bracers, and Long Gloves all use the same exact texture path as well.

It wasn't until Legion that they started to experiment more with alternative texture paths for armor parts. We got all new armor types with full 3D effects using Geo-sets rather than simply the basic armor path. In BfA we have started to see this expanded upon with some more innovative armor styles (innovative for WoW, not innovative in general), we've got Actual Loin Cloths, Trench coats, Miniskirts, and more that draw their textures from alternative sources and use new geo-set model data rather than just the built in accessories from the player models.

So, Yes, it IS in fact a new BFA model, and you will be hard pressed to find the model existing anywhere from Cata content.
It was never promised to be. And Heritage armor will still be an iconic racial look.

Honestly, the QQ level from Kaldorei players is through the roof. I don't care what the Heritage Armor is. You'll hate it. It will be a betrayal of everything in lore ever, a calculated insult by the Devs out of Horde bias and Night Elf hate.

The quote cited actually called for feedback. You could have phrased this in a positive vein, but did you? No. You are looking for disappointment. When you do that, guess what you are going to find.

I am out of sympathy for players who see their relationship with Blizzard as adversarial rather than collaborative. You are the problem.
11/13/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Bipzi
So you want to look like NPC's?

Considering they're often the most stylish, yes?

If you don't, there's plenty of options available to you.

I don't see why they don't make the night elf archer and blood elf guard sets available to players like the Stormwind footman and Orgrimmar grunt sets back in Warlords.

I don't think either qualify as heritage sets, but to lock them away as NPC exclusives? Why?
11/13/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
So many prudes in the thread.

At least give Males some skimpy armour options :(

11/13/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Moonrain
Me neither, i want to run around without one.

*strips and runs*

Shado would approve.

Love your transmog! Awesome mix!
11/13/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Angel
“The current armor worn by a lot of the Night Elf NPCs is not planned as the Night Elf Heritage Armor, but player feedback could cause designs reminiscent of it.”

This makes me hope that beautiful skimpy armor will maybe be something available to be worn by everyone, and not just Night Elves.

I'd rock that look.
11/13/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Lóthorin
WHEW.

I did not want to run around in a loincloth.

It wouldn't be forced on you, so... you wouldn't have to anyway.

It's a shame honestly, this is the only skimpy mog I can say I've ever wanted. It's iconic.

11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Schreiber
I don't think either qualify as heritage sets, but to lock them away as NPC exclusives? Why?

Because transmog has to suck. We always get cool new fun things in WoW, but they always have to have a downside.
"We get to make our gear look exactly how we want?!" "Yeah but there's a million restrictions."
"We get a new toy that turns us into something cool?!" "Yeah but it lasts 5 mins and you can only use it once a day."
"We get to keep using all the sweet artifact skins from Legion?!" "Yeah but only on the spec you earned them. Oh and druids, you're stuck using the uglier fist weapons and daggers if you want to use a cool animal skin."
This is just gonna keep getting worse and worse with the heritage armor, isn't it?

I'm just disappointed that i'm not getting the set that i seen in BFA pre-patch. My Night elf would've looked very handsome in that.
11/13/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Middboss
bikini armor is not very PC, cant say that im surprised. Warden armor would be a cool second place option

Well i don't dislike the warden armor. The most iconic nelf armer is literaly the bikini bit we see the nelf cat druid wearing in the games cinematic.

Same goes for the iconic robes the belf is wearing in the bc cinematic as she drains the life out of a mana wurm.

I wanna see those things in the game. Thier in cinrmatics, concept art, wallpapers, and load screens but rarley in gsme.

Tired of pc rhetoric being thrown at us all the time. Its a game its suppose to be an escape xmog exists to give players freedom of choice.
I love the set. (On females. Looks kinda forced and unnatural on men.)
That being said, I certainly want a more functional and elegant armor set for our heritage, similar to the Nighthold set but obviously better and even more night elven.
Night Elfs always gets the short end of the stick. That's no surprise, but yet other classes gets fabulous looking gear.
I loved the Night Elf Armour we saw in the Pre-Patch. (By the way, we didn't receive Achieves for the Pre-patch, did we!)

I'm disappointed we won't be able to earn it for our Night Elves.
WUT D:
Damn, that is too bad.

I so badly wanted that to be our heritage armor, it was awesome looking and would fit us perfectly.

They need to get Night Elves back to their fierce and feral nature, and that armor would have been a good start.
Im noticing a trend with Ion.

Players want housing, we get something "reminiscent" of it with garrisons.
Players want High Elves, we get something "reminiscent" of them with Void Elves.
Players want the Nightborn as a playable race, we get the abominations that are "reminiscent" of them.

This approach he has, where he takes want the players want, bastardises it and gives it to us as a watered down half cooked version is starting to get old... starting? I mean its old and its killing WoW, slowly but surely.
11/13/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Sinnabun
This approach he has, where he takes want the players want, bastardises it and gives it to us as a watered down half cooked version is starting to get old... starting? I mean its old and its killing WoW, slowly but surely.

shame that. And why MMO's like wow become a dying breed in time. Not saying its dead, but its not the king it was long ago.

Why SP games like skyrim have a healthy fan base. many even favor them. Between the mods on bgs net and 3rd party sites you have to dig deep to find an idea not a mod already. You can vet the idea on forum and get lucky. A mod author will say dude...your idea I like and I want to make it. Can I? (to get that screenshot proof its allowed and granted)

this the hardest part to the switch for me coming from extensive time in fallout/skyrim before I came back to mmo's like wow. If wow was like skyrim this NE armour would be a mod. On loverslab...a really more adult version of the armour lol.

Not saying wow has to cater to 3000 whims like mod authors do. But, yeah, the models/textures/etc are there. Letting the players wear them would be really nice. especially when they nail it. Like they did with this armour.
Of course we wont, thats too much !@#$ing fun. Cant have fun in Ions world of warcraft. What a %^-*ing hack
Very disappointing but does this really surprise anyone with their decision making?
Was there a single player out there that thought it was even a remote possibility the dev's would do something nice for the NE's? That an Alliance race would get something they have been asking for since vanilla?

If so, wow... what a fool.
11/13/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Tinúviel
I love the set. (On females. Looks kinda forced and unnatural on men.)
That being said, I certainly want a more functional and elegant armor set for our heritage, similar to the Nighthold set but obviously better and even more night elven.

For males they could do a really cool sash, Since that armor is more iconic to the females of the race.
An elaborate robe sort of thing, that still shows of lots of the skin.
But i agree that for the heritage armor i do want something that looks more functional but very night elf in design.
But i kind of wonder if that since they have different groups within there ranks that we need some extra to really flesh out the different armor sets for the races.