It’s official. No iconic armor for night elves :(

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/14/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Stride
11/14/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Sy

This this this this.

Doesn't make sense if every night elf looks like a warden. Wardens have a rocky past with the Sentinels and they are specially trained. They're not supposed to be seen running around everywhere.

Is it too much to hope for both?

I like the sentinel armor but would prefer something with more plate.
11/14/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Sy
11/14/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Stride

Doesn't make sense if every night elf looks like a warden. Wardens have a rocky past with the Sentinels and they are specially trained. They're not supposed to be seen running around everywhere.

Is it too much to hope for both?

I like the sentinel armor but would prefer something with more plate.

I'd ask for warden plate armor, but not heritage armor.
If you want iconic elven armor, the horde is waiting for you...
11/13/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Angel
In a recent interview with MMO champion, Ion confirmed we won’t be getting the armor we saw our night elf brothers and sisters in when their homeland was attacked.

“The current armor worn by a lot of the Night Elf NPCs is not planned as the Night Elf Heritage Armor, but player feedback could cause designs reminiscent of it.”

Those of us need to voice our desire for the same armor they were wearing. Why can’t the heroes of Azeroth, the players, have nice things. Not just the NPC’s of the world.

It's kinda par for the course.

"Players want this! It makes sense! We better give them a spin off with poorly executed hints at what they want!'

Coughvoidelvescough
That’s too bad... I really loved that night elf set and thought for sure that it would be the heritage armor.

I was planning to make a nelf mm hunter to go with that armor :(
If its fun, remove it.
!NoFunAllowed
11/13/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Lóthorin
WHEW.

I did not want to run around in a loincloth.

Okay, when the actual Night Elf heritage armor gets released and it still has a loincloth don’t come crying here.
Why can’t the heroes of Azeroth, the players, have nice things. Not just the NPC’s of the world.

This. Why is Blizzard adamant that Anduin is a "Priest" who wears plate armor and carries a sword? Why is Thrall a Shaman who dresses like a Monk? Why was Khadgar the Mage wearing Chain Mail? Why is Jaina a Kul Tiran Mage, but Kul Tiran's can't be Mages? Why are Paladins carrying these cools Librams on Chains, but Paladins don't have anything similar (unless you are Holy using Artifact transmog)? Where are my quivers??? Why are all the Alliance NPC's when I spawn into Arathi Warfront High Elves?

Why does Blizzard build this world, and then tell us that, as players, we can't do any of these things???
Would have been a nice heritage addition. Add some other bits that could be equipped with it or in place of it to make the look you want.

People have been asking for that set for years.
And I'm sure the replica that they'll make will be crappy and look NOTHING like it.
In a recent interview with MMO champion, Ion confirmed we won’t be getting the armor we saw our night elf brothers and sisters in when their homeland was attacked.

“The current armor worn by a lot of the Night Elf NPCs is not planned as the Night Elf Heritage Armor, but player feedback could cause designs reminiscent of it.”

Those of us need to voice our desire for the same armor they were wearing. Why can’t the heroes of Azeroth, the players, have nice things. Not just the NPC’s of the world.

Probably something to do with the storyline that's going on right now. If anything expect it later or after the expansion. Loin cloth armor ftw!
I'm positive we are going to get high-res night elf bikinis guys.
I honestly question who is in charge of the night elf armor choices.
Like it already is horrible that the dark shore armor is very SW heavy on the alliance side but the horde one matches for undead????
11/14/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Shadethistle
Why is Jaina a Kul Tiran Mage, but Kul Tiran's can't be Mages?

It was cleared up, they can. Although personally I think it works either way, kul tirans have never been crazy about the arcane.
@OP: Boo! This sucks!

I was so looking foward to Darnassian Archer armor for my heritage armor. Heck some of Blizzard's advertising have this armor.

Why can't we have it? No Fun Allowed?
It shouldn't be the Heritage armor at all, ever, but it's retarded it's not given to players anyway as a random armor. Blizzard as usual being shortsighted.

11/14/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Sacarver
Like it already is horrible that the dark shore armor is very SW heavy on the alliance side but the horde one matches for undead????

Uh? Darkshore armor is 100% NE inspired, if you mean the SW colors that's only the pvp set. All Alliance pvp sets are blue and horde are red since WoD.
11/14/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Mikaelle
It shouldn't be the Heritage armor at all, ever, but it's retarded it's not given to players anyway as a random armor. Blizzard as usual being shortsighted.

11/14/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Sacarver

Uh? Darkshore armor is 100% NE inspired, if you mean the SW colors that's only the pvp set. All Alliance pvp sets are blue and horde are red since WoD.

The sets I saw that you get from war fronts us blue and gold while the horde is purple with green and all that. If its the Pvp gear then why are people saying its from the warfront?
11/13/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Caelin
11/13/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Sibenice
Because your thin leather gear does such a better job at protecting you from magic, wild beasts the size of a car and bosses the size of a house. Don't try to bring realism into a game with magic.

Enchanted leather armor, Hard to enchant armor that doesn't exist. I mean if the Horde are going to shot you in the @*#@#@@%, sure go for the stripper armor. I will stick to full body protection myself.
The fact that you are a demon hunter, a class with unique skin and tattoo options, and covered head to toe dressed like a rogue in WotLK, and proclaiming that night elves should cover up, it... It just makes me sad.

You make me sad.

Even during the Q&As, the guys looks and acts like an arrogant tool. Why not just put the actual armor in the game, since he clearly knows enough from "player feedback" that people want it? Answer: because power tripping and asking for feedback and never actually following through with it is far more rewarding to certain people.

11/13/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Kren
*sigh*... another let down.

watcher's motto, apparently.

11/13/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Sinnabun
This approach he has, where he takes want the players want, bastardises it and gives it to us as a watered down half cooked version is starting to get old... starting? I mean its old and its killing WoW, slowly but surely.

I bet he's the kind of guy who whines to high heavens if even a sprig of parsley is off on his food order...but Light forbid he actually gives players exactly what they ask for in the manner they ask for without botching it up horribly.