Sandstorms, Snowstorms.etc.

Pet Battles
Does anyone know ho often the storms are active? Every day? Every week? Don't hold your breath?

I've also read to try realm hopping, but I'm not sure how to do this other than using Group Finder. I don't want to do this because it seems unfair to the rest of the group.
The way I approached it was to simply show up every now and then, so I never 'camped' the weather and I don't know what the interval on checks would be. However, I'm pretty sure that whatever the interval is, my daily/half-daily checks were longer than it.

From that, I'd roughly guess about 5% chance of the weather you need.

Obviously, having something else to do in the region can be helpful. For example, the Storm Peaks pet was just a daily stopover when I was doing Argent Tournament dailies. I suspect I was doing something with Caverns of Time (rep grinding maybe?) when I got the one in Tanaris. I'm not sure about the Stranglethorn ape - can't think of anything I would have been doing when it came time to camp him.
Ok, I've got toons on 2 separate servers checking. I still don't know how to "realm hop"
trial toons are your friend for stuff like this :)
11/14/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Vyskera
Obviously, having something else to do in the region can be helpful. For example, the Storm Peaks pet was just a daily stopover when I was doing Argent Tournament dailies. I suspect I was doing something with Caverns of Time (rep grinding maybe?) when I got the one in Tanaris. I'm not sure about the Stranglethorn ape - can't think of anything I would have been doing when it came time to camp him.

This sort of challenge made whole lot more sense back when a player was questing in Tanaris or Storm Peaks, then it was kind of a bonus when it happened to pop up and give you a break from the grinding. Of course no reason at all to spend much time on Jaguero Isle unless you're looking for the ape; don't think you can see it's raining there from the STV mainland.

11/14/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Pheonia
Ok, I've got toons on 2 separate servers checking. I still don't know how to "realm hop"

Realm hopping, where you get someone from another realm to invite you into a group, has been made trickier by Blizzard's cramming players from lot of different realms into a few servers, especially with the earlier zones. Used to be it pretty much guaranteed you'd be on a server with different clocks controlling what was happening. Now unless you see players and critters and NPCs changing around you after you accept the invite, you're still on exact same server.

Basically these days you either get lucky and happen to show up somewhere at just the right time, or camp a zone-appropriate alt there and check in on them every now and then.

Also look closely, especially in Storm Peaks. The snowing effect can be really subtle there and if you just do a quick check is easy to not notice it.
If you have a dusty, old bank mule that has enough level horsepower to survive some of the weather specific zones, park them there.

When BfA launched, I decided I wasn't going to level up all of my 110 alts, so I had a ready made roster of suitable farm bots. I parked one in Stranglethorn on the "rain island" for the baby ape ; I parked another one in Stormpeaks for the "snow" fox ; etc.

I told my friend about this strategy and they followed suit. A day later I got a cryptic phone call "It's raining!" and I said "So? why should I worry about the weather in your home town?" and my friend repeated "IT'S RAINING!" and it dawned on me that our wait was over on the Baby Ape and I logged in to the rain island mule and captured the pet.

I got the snow fox in a similar fashion to the above paragraph, I logged on the Storm Peaks mule and saw the snow, was already on the phone talking to that friend who hadn't moved mules into position and I told them to get one/any of their characters over to SP pronto and they were also able to grab a snow fox.

I scouted the Tanaris areas trying to get the feel for the sand storm but I haven't moved a mule over to check there (yet).
Thanks for all the good tips. :)