Acti-Blizz's stock is still plummeting

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/ATVI
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/atvi/charts
Considering this is thee sharpest decline 'Blizzard's stock has received since it's foundation, this is quite telling.

(Disclaimer: All i'm doing is reporting the fact that this company's stock price has been dropping massively which can in-turn affect this game if it drops to low.)
What's the point of this thread? We've had news about this spammed plenty.

You said it's "quite telling", but then don't say WHAT it's telling of... and then say you're just reporting? Why? What was the goal with this thread?
That really shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone. Gaming companies are pretty much down across the board though.
11/14/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Snowfox

You said it's "quite telling", but then don't say WHAT it's telling of... and then say you're just reporting? Why? What was the goal with this thread?
Nope. Nothing to see here, all is normal and this is nothing and has nothing to do with Blizzcon, it can't possibly be the market reacting.

It's all part of the plan buddy. Blizzard knows what's best for you, more than you do yourself. Their reps also know the stock market more than most experts, and will tell you a 35% drop in company value is nothing. Even though ANY company losing a third of their value would cause a massive freakout. But not Blizzard. Nope.

Part of the plan. Nothing to see here. Sunshine and rainbows and all that jazz.
11/14/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Chilayllenn
https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/ATVI
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/atvi/charts
Considering this is thee sharpest decline 'Blizzard's stock has received since it's foundation, this is quite telling.

(Disclaimer: All i'm doing is reporting the fact that this company's stock price has been dropping massively which can in-turn affect this game if it drops to low.)

keep selling still not at $50, although it is close enough to buy again actually... have to really watch it tomorrow or my window will disappear
Burn baby burn.
11/14/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Valên

Snowfox, be careful. I have seen you use the "What's the point of this thread?" in many different threads.

Thanks for the warning, but what you're doing is called concern-trolling and it's just as trolling as what you're accusing me of.

I post a lot, that's true - but I don't spam. I write new posts each time. I hope you can understand the difference - and why the mods don't go after me for what you want to call "spamming"

The point of this thread I'm guessing is to keep shoving this in Blizzard's face, to remind them of what happens when you defecate on your existing customer base only to make the bank in China.

I never want them to forget this, or to ignore what caused it. So I'm happy others keep bringing it up. A company losing a third of their value, linked directly to bad PR, CS and lousy decisions need to be reminded of how it happened, repeatedly. Then maybe they'll start doing things for their existing customer base gained over 20 years. Not new ones from Asia by using clone mobile games.
11/14/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Astraela

The point of this thread I'm guessing is to keep shoving this in Blizzard's face

Yeah I know.

I just wanted you to say it for everyone else to hear.

Ill bite. The report is "telling" as it indicates that investors are quite unhappy with either blizzcon, the direction of some of its IPs or both. As for both the why and the goal, they are likely similar in that it is rather important news and if the trend continues there will be real world consequences for the game with regards to future investment that could result in a reduction of development staff in turn resulting in lower quality and/or less frequent content.
To be fair, your post seems to either be very poor whiteknighting, deliberately obtuse, or possibly just a demonstration of someone with their head in the sand trying to get others to assume the same position.
11/14/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Negán
The report is "telling" as it indicates that investors are quite unhappy with either blizzcon, the direction of some of its IPs or both.
exactly

if the trend continues there will be real world consequences for the game with regards to future investment that could result in a reduction of development staff in turn resulting in lower quality and/or less frequent content.
Again, 100% right.

Ill bite. The report is "telling" as it indicates that investors are quite unhappy with either blizzcon, the direction of some of its IPs or both. As for both the why and the goal, they are likely similar in that it is rather important news and if the trend continues there will be real world consequences for the game with regards to future investment that could result in a reduction of development staff in turn resulting in lower quality and/or less frequent content.
To be fair, your post seems to either be very poor whiteknighting, deliberately obtuse, or possibly just a demonstration of someone with their head in the sand trying to get others to assume the same position.

You're saying that I was skeptical that the op was "just reporting"?

That I had this crazy notion they were actually pushing an agenda to bash wow instead? That they then openly admitted in this thread?

You're probably right.
11/14/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Snowfox
11/14/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Astraela

The point of this thread I'm guessing is to keep shoving this in Blizzard's face

Yeah I know.

I just wanted you to say it for everyone else to hear.

Why, everyone knows that's what they are doing. All they are doing is demonstrating their ignorance so I say let them.
11/14/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Spodermen
That really shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone. Gaming companies are pretty much down across the board though.
Wow I just searched some of the big names and you're right. I wonder why that is??
Since most of the fall off has more to do with disappointing CoD & Destiny 2 performance - why don't you go spam this stuff on their forums? (what the real analyst reports actually discuss)
While mobile gaming represents a vast market that Blizzard is correct to enter more wholeheartedly than they have, they’re a company in the business of making PC games. Blizzcon’s Diablo announcement alongside Blizzard’s across-the-board tone deafness toward their existing customer base isn’t confidence inspiring, though, and is the root cause of ATVI’s selloff.

Please remember that the people who grew up on classic Blizzard games are among the people advising investors and trading themselves. I know I can’t recommend ATVI to my clients in good conscious right now, and I sure as heck am not getting back in myself until High Elves are a reality.
11/14/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Snowfox

That I had this crazy notion they were actually pushing an agenda to bash wow instead? That they then openly admitted in this thread?

You're probably right.

Thank you, I am glad you understand that.
11/14/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Snowfox

You're probably right.

And what's your problem with this? Any paying customer has the right to "bash" (within the ToS) the product they pay for. To say otherwise would be the same thing as telling Americans they no longer have the right to protest anything. Blizzard treats its customers like absolute garbage. This opens the door to everything that is going on.

By the way, you must be in the group that buys into their story that losing 35% of your market value is nothing to worry about and is random and has nothing to do with Blizzcon, DI or BfA being a gigantic failure. You're gravely misguided and should get your head out of you know where, and try looking around. You're ignoring the truth and buying into Blizzard's lies.