Acti-Blizz's stock is still plummeting

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
11/14/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Snowfox
11/14/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Astraela

The point of this thread I'm guessing is to keep shoving this in Blizzard's face

Yeah I know.

I just wanted you to say it for everyone else to hear.

And he is absolutely correct to do this.

for years we have been told "we're listening" and we have been told Blizz like "constructive feedback"

Frankly and to be perfectly candid, after years of hearing this those phrases can only be described as total and complete BS. Blizz only responds to internet riots and having hard facts not just shown to them, but having those hard unpleasant fact shoved in their face. Day after day after day.

People need to understand...

Blizzard is not your friend.

They only care about how much money they can pry away from you.

The point of this thread ?

To show blizzard that doing stupid things time and again in this abusive desire for monetization of every aspect of every game in every way pisses gamers off.

I will but your game once, make it good and i will come back for the sequels, nickel and dime me with BS pay-to-win core game systems and gamers will eventually walk.
11/14/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Negán
11/14/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Snowfox
What's the point of this thread? We've had news about this spammed plenty.

You said it's "quite telling", but then don't say WHAT it's telling of... and then say you're just reporting? Why? What was the goal with this thread?

Ill bite. The report is "telling" as it indicates that investors are quite unhappy with either blizzcon, the direction of some of its IPs or both. As for both the why and the goal, they are likely similar in that it is rather important news and if the trend continues there will be real world consequences for the game with regards to future investment that could result in a reduction of development staff in turn resulting in lower quality and/or less frequent content.
To be fair, your post seems to either be very poor whiteknighting, deliberately obtuse, or possibly just a demonstration of someone with their head in the sand trying to get others to assume the same position.

Im an investor in this stock and Im extremely unhappy.
11/14/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Emt
11/14/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Snowfox
I wonder, is it just GD .. or do most video game forums have fans eager and hopeful to see their thing doing badly?

For someone on the forums a lot....and I mean a lot you just do not seem to get it. Some of us have nothing but love for the game. That is, when the game was still entertaining. I do not want Blizz to fail, I want them to wake the F up and realize that they can either go back to some MMORPG roots and make people happy or they can keep going down the RNG, queuefest, achieve everything stupidity road that they are going traveling on now.

If taking a hit on Wallstreet will be the proverbial bonk on the head than so be it....at least them I will know that they are at least listening to somebody since it isn't us anymore.
So they can design for you or they can fail. I think that's what Snowfox said.
Stock took a hit cause of the tightening of gaming rules in China. All gaming stocks especially those banking on China market ar hit hard. Tencent etc

Investors are moving off cause mobile gaming market in China would not be as lucrative especially for non State control gaming companies in China atm
11/14/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Snowfox
<span class="truncated">...</span>
It's no sleazier than continually trying to hush players who point out questionable business practices which may be contributing to the drastically dropping value for stocks you personally own.

lol, I love the stalkerish vibe to that one.. but..

How does that work, where I'm trying to drop the value of stocks I own?

I admit I'm not a stock broker, so you'll need to explain how that helps me.

It helps you if you have sold the stock short and are looking to buy to cover.

Example:

For example, if an investor thinks that Tesla (TSLA) stock is overvalued at $315 per share, and is going to drop in price, she may borrow 10 shares of TSLA from her broker and sell it for the current market price of $315. If the stock goes down to $300, she could buy the 10 shares back at this price, return the shares to her broker, and net a profit of $315 (selling price) - $300 (buying price) = $15 per share.

However, if TSLA price rises to $355, the investor could net $315 - $355 = - $40 loss per share.

Just put this example out there so you could understand how you CAN make money off the stock if you think its headed down for whatever reason.
11/14/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Chilayllenn
https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/ATVI
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/atvi/charts
Considering this is thee sharpest decline 'Blizzard's stock has received since it's foundation, this is quite telling.

(Disclaimer: All i'm doing is reporting the fact that this company's stock price has been dropping massively which can in-turn affect this game if it drops to low.)

its cool they fired Mike Morahime to reassure investors.
11/14/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Spodermen
That really shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone. Gaming companies are pretty much down across the board though.

This is true, most gaming stock is on a downward slope for the year, however its the sudden drop and the amount that continues to drop that worries me about ATVI. Too steep if you ask me..
11/14/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Astraela
Sure.

I also know that isn't actually a thing here.

Actually (stop cutting my posts so you only address what fits your agenda), as long as I don't violate the ToS, freedom of speech is a thing ANYWHERE.

According to you, people should only post what pleases you and Blizzard? Man I'm glad you're not in charge. Also your nose is super brown, might want to go clean it up.

Freedom of speech means that the government can not impede your right to free speech, barring a few exceptions. (It is, for example, illegal to say you're going to kill a member of the government, though it takes extreme amounts even there to get arrested for it. You will get a visit from the Secret Service though, as Ted Nugent did a few years back.)

You do not have freedom of speech on an internet forum.

Freedom of speech does not mean "I am free to say anything and you can not say anything to counter it."

Christ, do people LEARN anything in school anymore?
I think any time a company is so clearly out of touch with its audience is worrisome to investors.
11/14/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Chilayllenn
https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/ATVI
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/atvi/charts
Considering this is thee sharpest decline 'Blizzard's stock has received since it's foundation, this is quite telling.

(Disclaimer: All i'm doing is reporting the fact that this company's stock price has been dropping massively which can in-turn affect this game if it drops to low.)

It is more likely a reaction to the Diablo Immortal announcement. Game company stocks are always volatile when new games are announced depending on how the game is received.

Personally I'll be following this piece of advice from the Motley Fool: "The reaction to Activision Blizzard's new game has been undeniably negative, but the subsequent sell-offs appear to be misguided. Long-term investors willing to embrace some near-term volatility have an opportunity to buy the stock at an unwarranted discount."
I often picture Snowfox and Mvura as some kind of weird WWE tag team, alternately delivering their scripted spiel despite a hostile and booing crowd.

*Disclaimer: The fact that WWE participants are paid or their personas and actions are being completely faked played no part in me drawing the above comparison.
Looks like Blizz can't even please their shareholders. They're a has been.
<span class="truncated">...</span>Considering this is thee sharpest decline 'Blizzard's stock has received since it's foundation, this is quite telling.

its cool they fired Mike Morahime to reassure investors.

Why hasn't the board got together and fired Kotick, yet, then? You would assume, with the stock implosion and China preparing to ban most video games (with my futile hope being that it causes Netease to go belly up and forces Blizzard to cancel their mobile China shilling), that the guy at the top would be getting massive flak and attempts at power grabs from this.

Actually (stop cutting my posts so you only address what fits your agenda), as long as I don't violate the ToS, freedom of speech is a thing ANYWHERE.

According to you, people should only post what pleases you and Blizzard? Man I'm glad you're not in charge. Also your nose is super brown, might want to go clean it up.

Freedom of speech means that the government can not impede your right to free speech, barring a few exceptions. (It is, for example, illegal to say you're going to kill a member of the government, though it takes extreme amounts even there to get arrested for it. You will get a visit from the Secret Service though, as Ted Nugent did a few years back.)

Freedom of speech does not mean "I am free to say anything and you can not say anything to counter it."

No, freedom of speech is a principle and a basic right that comes from our creator and our nature as free people.

The First Amendment prohibits be government from infringing upon that right, but does not create the right, nor imply that the right should not be universal.
11/14/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Tyriellais

No, freedom of speech is a principle and a basic right that comes from our creator and our nature as free people.

The First Amendment prohibits be government from infringing upon that right, but does not create the right, nor imply that the right should not be universal.

Wow, someone who actually read and understood the Constitution and the Negative Liberties it enshrines. Props.
11/14/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Thorun
11/14/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Snowfox
What's the point of this thread? We've had news about this spammed plenty.

You said it's "quite telling", but then don't say WHAT it's telling of... and then say you're just reporting? Why? What was the goal with this thread?
Unironically quoting an actual shareholder in this thread.

11/14/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Astraela
11/14/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Snowfox
You're saying that I was skeptical that the op was "just reporting"?

That I had this crazy notion they were actually pushing an agenda to bash wow instead? That they then openly admitted in this thread?

You're probably right.

And what's your problem with this? Any paying customer has the right to "bash" (within the ToS) the product they pay for. To say otherwise would be the same thing as telling Americans they no longer have the right to protest anything. Blizzard treats its customers like absolute garbage. This opens the door to everything that is going on.

By the way, you must be in the group that buys into their story that losing 35% of your market value is nothing to worry about and is random and has nothing to do with Blizzcon, DI or BfA being a gigantic failure. You're gravely misguided and should get your head out of you know where, and try looking around. You're ignoring the truth and buying into Blizzard's lies.
snow is a shareholder and a troll; her latest gimmick is to gaslight people with complaints.
A quick check of MANY business focused websites kept talking more about Call of Duty/Candy Crush caused a good chunk of the decline. If anything, they were quite upbeat about Battle for Azeroth sales.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/5/18065048/tencent-chinese-user-id-age-video-games-playerunknown-battlegrounds-league-of-legends

When the Communist President of your one party dictatorship calls mobile games "poison", while happily increasing regulation and trying to kill off the market, I think Blizzard (or, more accurately, Activision), tried entering the Chinese mobile market right at the worst moment before it implodes!

Blunder? Yeah, blunder. This is one of the extremely scant times I will praise a Communist hellhole of a nation, but, way to go! Of course, I'm only saying this out of self-interested fanatical hatred of mobile "gaming". Whatever. LET IT BURN!
11/14/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/14/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Kailassa
It's no sleazier than continually trying to hush players who point out questionable business practices which may be contributing to the drastically dropping value for stocks you personally own.

lol, I love the stalkerish vibe to that one.. but..

How does that work, where I'm trying to drop the value of stocks I own?

I admit I'm not a stock broker, so you'll need to explain how that helps me.

Don't act the idiot.
Firstly, i'm no more a stalker for pointing out you have an agenda than you are for pointing out the OP has an agenda. Or are you claiming to be a stalker now?

Secondly, You're obviously trying to protect the value of your stocks by shushing information on these forums which could cause their value to drop.