Acti-Blizz's stock is still plummeting

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 Next
11/14/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Kailassa
Secondly, You're obviously trying to protect the value of your stocks by shushing information on these forums which could cause their value to drop.

Don't forget my secret warehouses where I convert humankind into the starfuel our ships need. Once we have all your water, we're going to take your internet for ourselves and leave you with nothing.
Again.. they lost a ton of expected income from Black ops 4.. causing the drop.
Look we all know when this whole Diablo Immortal fiasco thing blows over, the company is going to get back on its feet, I mean they bringing out the best patch ever in 8.2 with Azshara and everything, one of the main villains in wow we finally get to face down, that is VERY epic!!
Activision-Blizzard has made two key mistakes:

1) Refusing to change according to shifts within the Consumer Market.

2) Cultivating a Negative Public Image, as perceived by the Consumer Market.

When EA brought the aggressive monetization schemes of the AAA Publishers to the mainstream media, the market changed. Even as early as E3 this year, Activision-Blizzard had been under fire for its out-dated Monetization Schemes, so it's hard not to look at the series of events leading to this situation and say "Well what did you think was gonna happen?!!"

It's a common saying that Activision-Blizzard's true customers are it's shareholders. This being a commonly used phrase should've fired off dozens of Alarm bells the second it became common. If your Consumer KNOWS you're trying to screw them over for as much profit as possible, they're going to take their money elsewhere...and given how Activision-Blizzard IPs are supposedly not meeting projected (or desired) expectations (Destiny 2 being named) it's pretty clear that this is what has happened.
11/14/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Kelisaria
Why hasn't the board got together and fired Kotick, yet, then? You would assume, with the stock implosion and China preparing to ban most video games (with my futile hope being that it causes Netease to go belly up and forces Blizzard to cancel their mobile China shilling), that the guy at the top would be getting massive flak and attempts at power grabs from this.

actually if you paid attention to their SEC filings Bobby Kotick is voted back in every single year.

IIRC It's the proxy statements that are those . Form 14A I think ?
11/14/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Bluspacecow
11/14/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Kelisaria
Why hasn't the board got together and fired Kotick, yet, then? You would assume, with the stock implosion and China preparing to ban most video games (with my futile hope being that it causes Netease to go belly up and forces Blizzard to cancel their mobile China shilling), that the guy at the top would be getting massive flak and attempts at power grabs from this.

actually if you paid attention to their SEC filings Bobby Kotick is voted back in every single year.

IIRC It's the proxy statements that are those . Form 14A I think ?
Considering that Bobby was approved as CEO since 9 July 2008, aka during the days of Wotlk, it's not hard to see why they'd always vote him back in every year.
11/14/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Chilayllenn
11/14/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Negán
The report is "telling" as it indicates that investors are quite unhappy with either blizzcon, the direction of some of its IPs or both.
exactly

11/14/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Negán
if the trend continues there will be real world consequences for the game with regards to future investment that could result in a reduction of development staff in turn resulting in lower quality and/or less frequent content.
Again, 100% right.

Agree with #1
#2 too late already happened. See BfA.
11/14/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Icyhastÿ
Stock took a hit cause of the tightening of gaming rules in China. All gaming stocks especially those banking on China market ar hit hard. Tencent etc

Investors are moving off cause mobile gaming market in China would not be as lucrative especially for non State control gaming companies in China atm

That is certainly one reason.

Blizzcon fail is another

BfA is another -- fewer players than ever

The quality of Blizzard's output has been in decline for the last five years. It's starting to show.
11/15/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Velara
The quality of Blizzard's output has been in decline for the last five years. It's starting to show.
The only globally reknown game of blizzard that most seem to talk about and also don't constantly trash on is essentially Overwatch and look who's at the mantle for that, Jeff Kaplan.

They are also earning quit abit of profits from the game too, infact ever since the release of the game (5/24/2016) there profits have increased by a large margin since then. Now though they are suffering as a result of their other properties and business decisions which goes against the company and fans values, like Diablo Immortal and how the team for World of Warcraft have been 'responding' their fans in a rather harsh manner and kinda ignore a large array of feedback.

The decline is there and if the other teams (outside of overwatch) doesn't get their act together they'll make the other teams suffer along with them.
Am I the only one who looked past 'stock is down a few points' to see bigger picture?

The recent tech selloff and disappointing earnings numbers have sent the stock to a level where the valuation has become interesting again. If we continue to see strong numbers of margin expansion resulting from the move toward digital engagement, I think the stock is selling at an attractive valuation right now both relative to peers and based on its own historical multiples.

I will show how the margin contraction has change from before earnings to currently. Assuming a 38.82 P/E on 2021 EPS, ATVI is worth about $62 today on a base-case scenario.

3Q18 Earnings Release
    The company reported earnings after the bell on Thursday with net revenues of $1.51 billion (-6.6% Y/Y) and GAAP EPS of $0.34 (+37.4% Y/Y).

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4221165-activision-blizzard-shift-digital-engagement-offers-interesting-valuation

Might be a good time to buy.
11/15/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Kolee
The company reached an all-time high of 83 stock value then it dropped like a stone to 51 stock value.

This isn't a 'drop' you can easily 'bounce back' if you're value has never went over 100 before in it's entirety.

Now is not a good time to buy.
All the warcrack addict armchair wall street guru's commenting in this thread= priceless lol. I'd buy that for a dollar!
11/15/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Chilayllenn
The company reached an all-time high of 83 stock value then it dropped like a stone to 51 stock value.

This isn't a 'drop' you can easily 'bounce back' if you're value has never went over 100 before in it's entirety.

The all-time high came from an upward positive trend over the course of years. Nobody's expecting a fast return, but we can expect a positive trend to continue as it always has been, unless there's reason to think the trend has ended here and now, which there really isn't.
11/15/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Chilayllenn

If the economy maintains strength, sure it is. Buying when everyone is scared is exactly the time to buy stocks providing their balance sheet is solid.
Makes my day every time I check their stock and it's still nose diving. :)

I'm not sure any stock in a big game company is safe right now.

Gamers are pissed off across the board and really aren't wanting to put up with the shady business practices we've been seeing from the gaming industry.

IMHO, EA really ruined the gravy train the gaming industry was riding with SW: BF2. It was the straw that broke the camel's back and woke up a lot of people.
11/15/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Kungfooyoo

something like this makes your day ? really ?
nb4 it is all Trumps fault lol.
11/15/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Amine
11/15/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Kungfooyoo

something like this makes your day ? really ?

Yes. Yes, it does. Makes me feel all warm inside and a Grinch-like smile appears upon my face.
Once all their IP's are mobile games it'll rise again because everyone owns a phone and plays actual games(not just f2p garbage) on them.