Acti-Blizz's stock is still plummeting

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13
They don’t make games anymore.

They make phones.
11/15/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Kungfooyoo
11/15/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Amine

something like this makes your day ? really ?

Yes. Yes, it does. Makes me feel all warm inside and a Grinch-like smile appears upon my face.

I feel sorry for you. However, people losing millions of dollars generally doesn't help you because that means less taxes for the government and less for you as well.
11/14/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Conorn
Activision-Blizzard has made two key mistakes:

1) Refusing to change according to shifts within the Consumer Market.

2) Cultivating a Negative Public Image, as perceived by the Consumer Market.

When EA brought the aggressive monetization schemes of the AAA Publishers to the mainstream media, the market changed. Even as early as E3 this year, Activision-Blizzard had been under fire for its out-dated Monetization Schemes, so it's hard not to look at the series of events leading to this situation and say "Well what did you think was gonna happen?!!"

It's a common saying that Activision-Blizzard's true customers are it's shareholders. This being a commonly used phrase should've fired off dozens of Alarm bells the second it became common. If your Consumer KNOWS you're trying to screw them over for as much profit as possible, they're going to take their money elsewhere...and given how Activision-Blizzard IPs are supposedly not meeting projected (or desired) expectations (Destiny 2 being named) it's pretty clear that this is what has happened.

No, they didn't think it mattered. As with EA, that reputation has been there for years, and it hasn't affected their bottom line. They know people will still buy their stuff, even as much as they complain.

They just haven't looked to history. This feels a lot like the circumstances leading up to the 1983 gaming crash. Shovelware being put out in the belief that anything will sell, no care about the customer desires. When it breaks, it'll break suddenly.

Assuming that gamers don't take the alternative route and push legislation against their new cash cow.
11/15/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Amine
11/15/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Kungfooyoo
Yes. Yes, it does. Makes me feel all warm inside and a Grinch-like smile appears upon my face.

I feel sorry for you. However, people losing millions of dollars generally doesn't help you because that means less taxes for the government and less for you as well.

Money usually doesn't just disappear. Could mean the investors are taking their money out of ActiBlizz and investing it in another more deserving company.

So, yes...ActiBlizz losing money cuz they can't get their act together DOES warm my heart.
11/15/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Kungfooyoo
11/15/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Amine

Money usually doesn't just disappear. Could mean the investors are taking their money out of ActiBlizz and investing it in another more deserving company.

So, yes...ActiBlizz losing money cuz they can't get their act together DOES warm my heart.

Money does disappear for the people who bought at 70-80 and are selling at 55. However, I imagine US tax laws allow them to claim that loss against their other income so they get to pay less taxes - so we are back to less for you.
Stock is up nearly 2% today, but by all means let's let the market "experts" here continue to speculate.
11/15/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Tigerbalm
Stock is up nearly 2% today, but by all means let's let the market "experts" here continue to speculate.

I know we are supposed to stay away from the voodoo, but I think I'm gonna see if it'll work on the stock...
11/15/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Kungfooyoo

I know we are supposed to stay away from the voodoo, but I think I'm gonna see if it'll work on the stock...

You really have a hate for blizzard but instead of taking it out on them and just not paying them you are wishing ill for the investors - why ? Is this what happens when someone is addicted to something - misplaced anger ?
11/15/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Amine
11/15/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Kungfooyoo

You really have a hate for blizzard but instead of taking it out on them and just not paying them you are wishing ill for the investors - why ? Is this what happens when someone is addicted to something - misplaced anger ?

Bleh, not addicted. Haven't really played much the last couple weeks. Started back a couple days ago with leveling a DK for the hell of it.

I just really enjoy watching companies take it on the chin when they get greedy/out of touch.
11/15/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Kungfooyoo
11/15/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Amine

Bleh, not addicted. Haven't really played much the last couple weeks. Started back a couple days ago with leveling a DK for the hell of it.

I just really enjoy watching companies take it on the chin when they get greedy/out of touch.

How is investors losing money - companies 'taking it on the chin' though.
you do realize that it's only a 1% increase and even then it's still struggling to even maintain 52 stock value, right?

I don't see anything showing them "bouncing back" yet.

I wonder if Warren Buffett has ever played WoW.
11/15/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Nimoh

I wonder if Warren Buffett has ever played WoW.
He hasn't.

Warret mainly plays games like "Bridge" and such, you know the old fashion games.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/billionaire-warren-buffett-spends-8-hours-a-week-playing-bridge.html
I don't know but I do know this much. Who here remembers Sony Online Entertainment? Now I wonder what that company has been up to? Oh oh they aren't in business anymore. They got in the bad habit of not listening to their customer base. Well they stopped having customers. Blizzard forgets they have a job because of us. If there is no us there is no them. Right at the moment they laid a gigantic egg at Blizzcon which is supposed to be their yearly big day in the sun moment. What do we get for it Diablo Immortal? Really that's the only bloody thing you've got? You're a gaming company that hasn't come up with a new original game in more than a decade. You're old and boring.

Activision has done absolutely NOTHING in it's partnership with Blizzard to further the brand. All they've done is suck on it's teet like a baby at it's mother's breast. Well the milk has long since ran out. They deserve the stock market plunge into obscurity. I hope it keeps falling. Maybe then they'll get it. Sadly I'm certain they won't.
11/14/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Conorn
Activision-Blizzard has made two key mistakes:

1) Refusing to change according to shifts within the Consumer Market.

2) Cultivating a Negative Public Image, as perceived by the Consumer Market.

When EA brought the aggressive monetization schemes of the AAA Publishers to the mainstream media, the market changed. Even as early as E3 this year, Activision-Blizzard had been under fire for its out-dated Monetization Schemes, so it's hard not to look at the series of events leading to this situation and say "Well what did you think was gonna happen?!!"

It's a common saying that Activision-Blizzard's true customers are it's shareholders. This being a commonly used phrase should've fired off dozens of Alarm bells the second it became common. If your Consumer KNOWS you're trying to screw them over for as much profit as possible, they're going to take their money elsewhere...and given how Activision-Blizzard IPs are supposedly not meeting projected (or desired) expectations (Destiny 2 being named) it's pretty clear that this is what has happened.

Blizzard, or any other software company will NEVER be able to "change according to shifts within the Consumer Market" due to the simple fact that by the time that the bring out a product for that specific fad, the consumer will be on another one.

"Cultivating a Negative Public Image, as perceived by the Consumer Market." then why do people still play and pay for subscriptions in WOW if, according to you, the public does not like them? Why support them if you do not like them?

Since you keep complaining about Blizzard, etc. why do you keep supporting them by using their products?

Do you do this with other companies as well? Do you still eat a certain brand of cereal even tho you hate the taste? If you dislike the "taste" of Blizzard, why still use them?
11/15/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Traedena
You're a gaming company that hasn't come up with a new original game in more than a decade. You're old and boring.

Activision has done absolutely NOTHING in it's partnership with Blizzard to further the brand.
If you don't do anything to improve your corporations I.P.s then you might as well dig your own grave
On a plus note, if Diablo Immortal does really well in China this stock should bounce right back up.
11/15/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Bethlen
On a plus note, if Diablo Immortal does really well in China this stock should bounce right back up.

The mobile market is pretty huge in Asia and projected to grow within the next couple years. The reason people are investing in ATVI while it's low is because they know over the long-term it'll prove profitable. We're looking at the course of 5 - 10 years. People are declaring Blizzard stock dying because of what happened over 8 days.
11/15/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Bethlen
The chinese aren't reacting to it very well neither.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/9w5dbd/this_is_how_chinese_reacted_to_diablo_immortal/