Acti-Blizz's stock is still plummeting

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 13 Next
11/14/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Andistin
11/14/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Infexshun
There is nothing to see here. This is the market reacting to the election. People are selling off before the tax and spenders take control of the hosue and raise taxes again. I'd do the same thing if I were invested and if I were a corporation Id sell too.

Compared to the group that cut taxes while increasing spending, further increasing our national debt to even higher record levels?

You mean like doubling the debt in 8 years? Yeah come on. The market is reacting to the election plain and simple.
11/14/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Mvura
The market is starting to show signs of an incoming recession.

This. I wouldn't try to ascribe Activision-Blizzard's stock fall in the past couple of weeks as anything but the overall direction of the market at the moment. The market lost 7% overall just in the month of October. Many stocks have seen 5% or greater drops just this week. There's a lot of turbulence beneath the surface making its way up in the economy right now.
11/14/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Infexshun
11/14/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Mvura

Nope. The trends in the industry started earlier this year.

Also government spending != economy

Nice try dude.. This started when it looked like the govt would change hands. Its called being smart with your money and the people selling off are smart. I would do the same thing if I were in the market. It happens every election cycle when control changes hands. Its up and down like a roller coaster and the pros know how to make money when it happens.

Where are you getting your news?

ATVI's stock started to drop in early-mid october. Elections happened last Tuesday.
Well this thread went places!
Stocks are down across entire markets, not just Activision Blizzard.

Actually (stop cutting my posts so you only address what fits your agenda), as long as I don't violate the ToS, freedom of speech is a thing ANYWHERE.

According to you, people should only post what pleases you and Blizzard? Man I'm glad you're not in charge. Also your nose is super brown, might want to go clean it up.

You seem super confused, sunshine.

Thanks for the diagnosis and for your pertinent opinion darlin'.

It altered my life to an extend that I cannot possibly put into words right now. I will spend the next year reflecting on it, then I'll write a memoir and dedicate it to you.
11/14/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Astraela

You seem super confused, sunshine.

It altered my life to an extend that I cannot possibly put into words right now. I will spend the next year reflecting on it, then I'll write a memoir and dedicate it to you.

Just using my freedom of speech to express a thing. You're supposed to support me, right?
11/14/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Mvura
11/14/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Infexshun

Nice try dude.. This started when it looked like the govt would change hands. Its called being smart with your money and the people selling off are smart. I would do the same thing if I were in the market. It happens every election cycle when control changes hands. Its up and down like a roller coaster and the pros know how to make money when it happens.

Where are you getting your news?

ATVI's stock started to drop in early-mid october. Elections happened last Tuesday.

When it was obvious that a power change was coming. Come on! Its blatantly obvious why these wealthy investors are cashing out. Just stop already. Blizzard is fine and wont be going anywhere anytime soon. The sky aint falling in california and Actiblizz aint closing its doors.

The stock price will bottom out and then people will buy it back again as blizzards profits come rolling in from the new games etc.
11/14/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Astraela
Actually, you silly ding dong, as long as people respect the ToS of the forums, we are allowed to say anything we want and voice any opinion we may have. In a way, that's freedom of speech. The ToS don't say "We'll ban users and delete comments anytime we don't like what it says, even if it doesn't violate any rule." As long as people respect the rules, they're allowed to say what they want.

You have no idea what freedom of speech actually means or what it entails. You're just bringing it up so you can play the victim card since you don't have any real argument to make.

11/14/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Astraela
You quoted my post. Did you read it? You're saying Blizzard has NOTHING to do with the current state of their stock? Nothing at all? It's all to blame on other things? Entirely? WoW and DI are not part of the equation, at ALL?

I said it's based on many factors. Can you read English bro?

Prove it. Right now all you have is supposition and superstition.
11/14/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Wuhjikô

Oh dear god not again.

DOES NOBODY AROUND HERE ACTUALLY KNOW WHERE FREEDOM OF SPEECH APPLIES?

What are people actually learning in schools these days?

Actually, you silly ding dong, as long as people respect the ToS of the forums, we are allowed to say anything we want and voice any opinion we may have. In a way, that's freedom of speech. The ToS don't say "We'll ban users and delete comments anytime we don't like what it says, even if it doesn't violate any rule." As long as people respect the rules, they're allowed to say what they want.

So you are saying that as long as your restrict what you say and post to what is allowed, then you are allowed to have the freedom to say any of the non-restricted stuff?

Just using my freedom of speech to express a thing. You're supposed to support me, right?

NO! You only have the freedom to 100% agree with everything I say and do.
11/14/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Infexshun
When it was obvious that a power change was coming. Come on! Its blatantly obvious why these wealthy investors are cashing out. Just stop already. Blizzard is fine and wont be going anywhere anytime soon. The sky aint falling in california and Actiblizz aint closing its doors.

I wish I knew what you knew because I don't think its all that obvious.

Also, apparently its not all wealthy investors. I'm not wealthy but I still sold about half of my ATVI stock in late october. I wish i'd done it sooner.
11/14/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Valên
11/14/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Snowfox
What's the point of this thread? We've had news about this spammed plenty.

You said it's "quite telling", but then don't say WHAT it's telling of... and then say you're just reporting? Why? What was the goal with this thread?

Snowfox, be careful. I have seen you use the "What's the point of this thread?" in many different threads.

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish

I know they may all apply to different topics, but technically you are breaking the ToS by saying the same thing over and over again....

Ya ya, I know I am too by saying "you might be breaking the ToS by"...

All in good clean fun :D

I'd have thought they'd nail Snowfox on the "pure gibberish" part to be honest.
11/14/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Infexshun
There is nothing to see here. This is the market reacting to the election. People are selling off before the tax and spenders take control of the hosue and raise taxes again. I'd do the same thing if I were invested and if I were a corporation Id sell too.

You clearly havent been following the market if you think this is just a response to recent events, the markets been incredibly shaky this entire year, also markets are global, and US midterms would never affect them in this way.
11/14/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Kuranna
I'd have thought they'd nail Snowfox on the "pure gibberish" part to be honest.

Except I don't. People have seen my posts. They know I'm obsessive and spend a lot of time here - but that I do craft original posts each time, more coherent than most.

I mean, I get the whole "lol lets get the mods on snowfox" thing.. but it's stretching, hard. I don't spam. I try not to do direct personal attacks. I do write coherent posts with a point and focus. It's easy to hate me, but it's not so easy to try and make the mods believe I only post gibberish, because that's just not true.

.. but hey you know all that Kuranna, this sure isn't the first time you've thrown insulting trolls at me.

Look dude. I'm dedicating the memoir to you. What other support would you like? Child support?
11/14/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Hamstar

So you are saying that as long as your restrict what you say and post to what is allowed, then you are allowed to have the freedom to say any of the non-restricted stuff?

Precisely. Isn't that how it works?
11/14/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Astraela
Look dude. I'm dedicating the memoir to you. What other support would you like? Child support?

I thought we discussed not discussing our love child in public.
11/14/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Rankin

You have no idea what freedom of speech actually means or what it entails. You're just bringing it up so you can play the victim card since you don't have any real argument to make.

11/14/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Astraela
You quoted my post. Did you read it? You're saying Blizzard has NOTHING to do with the current state of their stock? Nothing at all? It's all to blame on other things? Entirely? WoW and DI are not part of the equation, at ALL?

I said it's based on many factors. Can you read English bro?

Prove it. Right now all you have is supposition and superstition.

Okay. So your version is sunshine and rainbows and Blizzard does nothing wrong, has not done anything wrong, Blizzard's actions and current state of things does not affect the stock at ALL. Blizzcon had no effect on anything, and the stock drop is to blame on ANYTHING but Blizzard.

Gotcha. Must be nice living in a world where everything is so simple and cut and dry.
11/14/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Spodermen
That really shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone. Gaming companies are pretty much down across the board though.
That was going to be my question...what are other similar companies doing...what is the overall market doing.
Jumping on the idea that Bliz is failing because of ups and downs is absurd.
My investments are generally all over the place and in more than 30 years Ive never lost a single dime.