So where's the Alliance's choice?

General Discussion
Horde players getting to choose between Saurfang and Sylvanas is a great step forward in storytelling and content innovation.

It also totally sucks that only one faction gets to do that and the other one is left in the cold.

Beyond storytelling focus or calls of favoritism, it is 100% unacceptable that one faction gets access to unique content with no recompense for the other faction. If faction imbalance is a problem, how is this supposed to alleviate it?

8.1 sees Tyrande defying a weak and cowardly Anduin to go attack the Horde. Where's the Alliance's choice to side with her over a spineless king who won't do anything to help his people?
We are going to get the choice (on night elves) of regular eyes or emo eyes.
I'm sure that when the story takes an appropriate turn, we'll get a choice similar. There's no call for outrage, here.
You don’t get a choice just like how you guys don’t get your own cinematic. Lost Honor doesn’t count because half of it was all Saurfang.
11/14/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Ashnazg
I'm sure that when the story takes an appropriate turn, we'll get a choice similar. There's no call for outrage, here.

Don't be so sure about that.
You get plenty of choice.

Armor in your horse or no armor?

Creates a real sense of player agency.
The alliance choice will be to help the horde or not. Nothing that directly effects the alliance like the choice between saurfang and sylvanas.

"It's only alpha!"
"It's only beta!"
"It's only the first two weeks!"
"I'm sure we'll get a choice when the time is appropriate."
"Ah, well, there's always next expac."

"Wait And See" arguments don't work.

Blizzard won't talk to us or acknowledge our complaints. If we don't get angry, they don't do anything.
11/14/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Vaeana
You get plenty of choice.

Armor in your horse or no armor?

Creates a real sense of player agency.

We are actually lacking a lot of good quality armored horses.
If you wanted choice and agency in the storyline, the Horde is waiting for you.
The alliance isn't going through a inner civil war in its storyline. So there is currently no need for you to have an "opt out" option in the darkshore quest line.
You already "chose" to be Alliance. You chose poorly.
See the problem with your statement is that it requires the devs to make content for the alliance. Which, we all know how that usually goes.

At least we get to watch cinematics and cool questlines about how Saurfangs feelings are hurt.
11/14/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Respite
See the problem with your statement is that it requires the devs to make content for the alliance. Which, we all know how that usually goes.

At least we get to watch cinematics and cool questlines about how Saurfangs feelings are hurt.

Alliance choice. Make saurfang happy or let him be emo in a jail cell.
We get to chose to ride a black horse, or a brown horse.. or a grey horse, or a white horse... or one with leather armor, or one with mail armor... or...
11/14/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Enekie
Horde players getting to choose between Saurfang and Sylvanas is a great step forward in storytelling and content innovation.

It also totally sucks that only one faction gets to do that and the other one is left in the cold.

Eulachon, do YOU ever stop whining ? Every post you make is crying about favortism in a fantasy computer game??? Its totally spam at this point, did you go to Harry Potter and whine that Hermione wasnt given equal attention as Harry?
if they do things properly, there should be a choice (in the future) between siding with the goody two shoes like aunduin or with those who want to end the horde like Tyrande should want after Teldrassil , the seeds are there.

Since we're leading to another rebellion ,the alliance should come on top (at least until day of the tentacle happens) and if they repeat the end of SoO (and WoD for that matter) then the alliance deserves to get another capital burned.
We're the Alliance. Our story will never be that interesting.
on the character creation screen.

LOL, this is the GD forums. People have built up their entire identity around nerd raging on Blizzard.