So where's the Alliance's choice?

General Discussion
11/14/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Drlawyer
The Alliance does have a choice, every day, to reroll to a more interesting faction.

Thanks for your input Ion.

11/14/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Bipzi
You already made a choice.

You chose Alliance.

Meanwhile, over here on the Horde we get to pillage and destroy without any real meaningful consequences while getting passive buffs like Horde Mode, branching story arcs, and unique and interesting mounts!

Does Blizz really not know the entire playerbase at this point sees the Alliance and the content they receive as a joke?

Its sometimes hard to tell when Blizz is just outright ignoring feedback and when its just not even being passed along to the dev team. This meme the Alliance has turned into is so pervasive its hard to imagine the dev's don't know about it, but their ability to process feedback is so shoddy I don't really have much trouble believing they are completely unaware of it either.

In the end doesn't really matter I suppose 'six of one half dozen of the other' really. Maybe they'll give the Alliance a new horse mount to smooth things over. /shrug
11/14/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Enekie
8.1 sees Tyrande defying a weak and cowardly Anduin to go attack the Horde. Where's the Alliance's choice to side with her over a spineless king who won't do anything to help his people?

I agree. I would like to have the choice to support my reasonable king who understands resources and logistics are limited, who asked for just a little bit of patience, over the whiny 10,000 year old toddler who really should be acting better.
11/14/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Aulra
8.1 sees Tyrande defying a weak and cowardly Anduin to go attack the Horde. Where's the Alliance's choice to side with her over a spineless king who won't do anything to help his people?

I agree. I would like to have the choice to support my reasonable king who understands resources and logistics are limited, who asked for just a little bit of patience, over the whiny 10,000 year old toddler who really should be acting better.

Yeah, would be soooo much smarter to support him in trying to stop the Zandalari from joining the Horde by burning their navy, attacking their city, and killing their King. I'm sure that plan will work out great for him...
Horde players getting to choose between Saurfang and Sylvanas is a great step forward in storytelling and content innovation.

It also totally sucks that only one faction gets to do that and the other one is left in the cold.

Beyond storytelling focus or calls of favoritism, it is 100% unacceptable that one faction gets access to unique content with no recompense for the other faction. If faction imbalance is a problem, how is this supposed to alleviate it?

Our choice is go war mode and kill every Horde player in night elf territory.
No.

Stop.

Don't have them make some forced "decision" point just to make things "even".

Get the heck out of here with this garbage.
11/14/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Moonfalls
Yeah, would be soooo much smarter to support him in trying to stop the Zandalari from joining the Horde by burning their navy, attacking their city, and killing their King. I'm sure that plan will work out great for him...

Generally, that is how you defeat an enemy.

Sitting around waiting for diplomatic processes to complete and then facing the full might of the Zandalari works just as well too I suppose.
Horde players getting to choose between Saurfang and Sylvanas is a great step forward in storytelling and content innovation.

It also totally sucks that only one faction gets to do that and the other one is left in the cold.

Beyond storytelling focus or calls of favoritism, it is 100% unacceptable that one faction gets access to unique content with no recompense for the other faction. If faction imbalance is a problem, how is this supposed to alleviate it?

Alliance don't get a choice.
11/14/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Aulra

Generally, that is how you defeat an enemy.

Sitting around waiting for diplomatic processes to complete and then facing the full might of the Zandalari works just as well too I suppose.

Anduin's goal wasn't to defeat them but to drive a wedge between them and the Horde. If his goal had actually been to defeat them that would be one thing, and worthy of support. That's not what he says though.
Horde is always favored. The game has been around for 14 years and you still haven't realized it? Literally don't need to look any farther than racials.
Oh you didn't hear? This is Horde's story expansion - Alliance just the good guy side characters with no real plot unless it advances the Horde one somehow.
I am a Draenei I should have a choice weather or not I want to help fat humans with their problems. Personally I don't see the point.
They apply what's needed based on when they can. If they find a good reason for Alliance players to make a story choice they will.
i apologize in advance as i skipped most of the comments :P. that said, i don't get the qq here. horde is "getting" the choice of saurfang/sylvanas as it fits along with their faction's story. horde always had a struggle between war vs. peace, slaughter vs. honor. alliance has their own story going forward. plz stop making this part of the game about who is not getting what when it isn't necessary.
So you're mad that alliance players don't have a internal struggle? Careful what you wish for.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Isn't that literally what the Horde do in Stormsong?

"We need to attack the Kul'Tirans to stop them from joining the Alliance! Oh, our attacks actually caused them to join the Alliance? Well whoops."

And basically the Zandalari were going to join the Horde anyways. If you do the Horde questline in Zandalar, it's pretty obvious that the Zandalari were going to join at some point, their empire is basically collapsing and the Horde goes in and acts as a 'janitor' for their messes.
You have to reroll Horde if you want anything extra, OP. Until you decide to take the plunge and go Horde you need to sit in the corner and be happy with your new horse mounts.
11/14/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Ashnazg
I'm sure that when the story takes an appropriate turn, we'll get a choice similar. There's no call for outrage, here.

No I'm sorry but "let's just wait and see" doesn't work after so many years of the Alliance getting crapped on in the story department.
Pretty much like always the alliance in the end has to help the horde. Clean there own mess that they made. Watch as we will have to help Saurfang take out Sylvannas. Also they don't want to give alliance any meaningful content. The darkshore storyline on ptr is proof of that and how bad it is.
It has been discussed at length. It is a test. They wanted to see if this was something the mass would like and what it could do to open up the game. With all tests in technology, you make them in small amounts just in case you need to stop it at any time. More than one story line means more than one thread of work. They already plan on working more in if this takes off. If you like it then keep positive posts up about it so they see we want that game play change and maybe, just maybe, WoW will get a breath of fresh air instead of the same old stank we have had for over a decade.