So where's the Alliance's choice?

General Discussion
You do have a choice. You can choose to go with her and participate in the warfront that you'll inevitably lose or you can choose to not support her and never do the quest line in Darkshore and never participate in the warfronts. Sorry there's no forced dialogue for those choices and you do have a choice as the game will continue regardless of whether you go to Darkshore or not.
We made the choice for a stable government with minimal in-fighting a long time ago.
11/14/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Aulra
11/14/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Enekie
8.1 sees Tyrande defying a weak and cowardly Anduin to go attack the Horde. Where's the Alliance's choice to side with her over a spineless king who won't do anything to help his people?

I agree. I would like to have the choice to support my reasonable king who understands resources and logistics are limited, who asked for just a little bit of patience, over the whiny 10,000 year old toddler who really should be acting better.

The "reasonable king" who can't support his allies, but can form "purge squads" to wipe out a non-Horde race with no military?

Anyway, I've figured out the Alliance's new content to compare. The Horde get story choices, the Alliance are getting quests that can't be completed. First there was the "save 963 Night Elves" in Teldrassil that was impossible to complete. Now there's "stop the Horde from raising Night Elf dead" in the Darkshore scenario, which is also impossible to complete.

Horde get experiments in player empowerment, Alliance get experiments in utter failure.
11/14/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Yesitsmyalt
We get to chose to ride a black horse, or a brown horse.. or a grey horse, or a white horse... or one with leather armor, or one with mail armor... or...

yep. And at least they are all ours. Near as I can tell....my horde can't see the exalted mount for order of embers I picked up.

Not sure why...guess a blood elf can't ride horse? Confusing as the horde sees and uses the class order hall mount. But this char did all that work.
Your choice is whether you stay Alliance or swap to Horde.

Thats a far bigger choice than we're getting on red side. In fact I'm actually super jealous of the sheer level of the choice you get to make.
The Alliance can have a choice when you're all done holding hands and skipping through flower fields all singing peace songs and being about as united as a children's super hero cartoon show.
11/14/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Moonfalls
11/14/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Aulra

Generally, that is how you defeat an enemy.

Sitting around waiting for diplomatic processes to complete and then facing the full might of the Zandalari works just as well too I suppose.

Anduin's goal wasn't to defeat them but to drive a wedge between them and the Horde. If his goal had actually been to defeat them that would be one thing, and worthy of support. That's not what he says though.
It was too late to drive a wedge by the time of the attack on Dazar'alor, as it's immediately preceded by a Horde attack on Anglepoint Wharf, featuring Zandalari wearing Orgrimmar tabards. Sylvanas also says Horde-side that they've secured the Zandalari fleet.
You guys need a new garithos. A controversial character vying for political power against the monarcy by playing up alliance hatred of horde, and ramping it up with speeches and sermons on the alliance right to rule. A little extra charisma here and there, and he can openly call for the genocide of "Savage races", and conquest of all known land. Civillian targets, torture, inquisitions, and absolute authority (within the ranks of his supporters).

There's your choice: a just but ineffective monarcy, or a cruel leader that will bring victory but will most likely turn against non human leaders
You guys are all whining about how you're being shafted in the lore department...HAH! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA!

FIFTEEN YEARS OF PLAY AND WHAT DO THE GNOMES HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT? HUH? HUH?!

...We get a dungeon in 8.2.5

BUT WAIT! It isnt even the Gnomes! it's an offshoot thats NEUTRAL content. But hey! That's how the cookie crumbles! See you in another fifteen! We need to make room for more elf content. it's surely been lacking for a hot minute! Yep!

Buncha whiners you all are. lol.

But seriously. Jokes aside. because I'm not really salty...Too much. I think Anduin is a fine king, and I'd follow him. The Alliance will get its story branch. You'll see. You know. Eventually.
The who? Oh the alliance, I'm sure the devs have something planned....Probably.
Alliance doesn't have an interesting or nuanced story for there to be a choice-making moment in.
11/14/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Ashnazg
I'm sure that when the story takes an appropriate turn, we'll get a choice similar. There's no call for outrage, here.
Of course there will be outrage. One of the top reasons I've been given by people who refuse to play Alliance is the perception that the players on that side are immature and childish. Posts like this do nothing to dispel that notion.

Players like the OP constantly demand this tit-for-tat garbage. Life does not work that way. Nor is the game zero sum between the two factions. In fact, if he had bothered to take that energy he wasted throwing his fit and spent it on actually looking into the "why", he would have learned that the original design did not include this option. It only came about after it was pointed out that essentially Horde players were being forced to betray their faction leader. They did not like that. In response, because God forbid Blizzard listen to players, they added this option with a trade-off. So this is actually just a test to see how the player base responds to this kind of feature and to see if it can work. So in essence Horde is NOT getting something extra the Alliance isn't going to get, Horde is beta testing something for Blizzard.

11/14/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Enekie
If faction imbalance is a problem, how is this supposed to alleviate it?
Story isn't the fix for faction balance. Racial abilities are not the fix for faction balance. I guess I am the only one who figured it out... IT'S MONEY AND THE FACT IT COSTS A LOT CHANGE FACTIONS.
11/15/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Furrywarr
You guys need a new garithos. A controversial character vying for political power against the monarcy by playing up alliance hatred of horde, and ramping it up with speeches and sermons on the alliance right to rule. A little extra charisma here and there, and he can openly call for the genocide of "Savage races", and conquest of all known land. Civillian targets, torture, inquisitions, and absolute authority (within the ranks of his supporters).

There's your choice: a just but ineffective monarcy, or a cruel leader that will bring victory but will most likely turn against non human leaders

Would he be wearing "Make Alliance Great Again" hats and tabards?