Frosts pvp burst sucks

Mage
With more gloabls used I do less damage as frost than I do as fire in pvp. My 30 second goes (comet->petnova before cstorm hits->ice nova) hits for less than fireblast->fireblast->pyro->fireblast. My minute orb->comet->pet->icenova->lance hits for less than meteor->fblast->fblast->pyro-fblast, unless I get like 3 fof procs and then it compares, only surpassing if I win the lottery and get 4+fof. My highest potential as frost, veins->orb->cstorm->petnova->icenova->lances does less than !@#$in meteorless combustion->fblast->fblast->pyro->fblast->pyro, while also being more vulnerable to dispel, and being entirely reliant on the target not moving 6 yards. 3 stack 375 tunnel frostbolt shatters for 22k, which just requires the enemy team to generously allow you to freecast on them, which they probably will because frostbolt hits for less than nothing. Better hope no swaps are called so you can take advantage of tunnel and not have to spend another 4 and a half seconds frostbolting some jerk ahead of time so you can take advantage of tunnel+deep shatter crits rather than using them as filler while you wait for your subpar burst to return.

Frost burst sucks
Yeah it does . I'm not seeing many frost mages in arenas .I put my mage on the shelf because its spells dont have enough damage ,frost bolt takes about 2 seconds to cast and hits for nothing plus they nerfed snares in the ptr and it might make it in the live game . As well the proc chances on frost suck.
11/14/2018 11:47 PMPosted by Patchy
Yeah it does . I'm not seeing many frost mages in arenas .I put my mage on the shelf because its spells dont have enough damage ,frost bolt takes about 2 seconds to cast and hits for nothing plus they nerfed snares in the ptr and it might make it in the live game . As well the proc chances on frost suck.

I wouldn't even mind the snare nerfs if they were accompanied by damage buffs. My lance crits for 20k with my trinket up in pve. My lance crits for 9k with my trinket up in pvp. My fireblasts do 6k crits with my trinket and then roll out a nasty ignite. Frost has been the go to mage pvp spec forever, the coolest mage plays have been frost mage plays and now the class just kites for a while until either the frost mage !@#$s up and dies, or your enemy gets bored and kills your partner.
dont like that blizz nerfed almost every mage specific trait by 60% in pvp templates?

Look at every arcane trait... evo, both missles, barrage execute, blast trait.. all nerfed by 30-66% in pvp templates. Frost got same treatment to iceform trait.. but fire's blaster master? Nope~ Also fire only mage spec that keeps their big spell kits like fire blast and combust off gcd.. but arcane doesn't get Charged up or super nova off gcd.. hmm?

I know this is about frost, but i mean as an arc main, we also got screwed harder than you. most ppl on the forums think mages are just op faceroll but idk Im struggling as arcane man. stuck at 2.1 in 3s and 2.2 in 2s.

btw using double battle field precisions as my traits and third is rezans fury. havent got to try triple tidal or BF precision but it'd prob be good.
Is that the go to now for frost is comet > petnova > ice Nova? I usually do deep shatter frosbolt + ice Lance shatter on pet Nova then follow with a comet ice Nova or vice versa depending on how long the target is stunned for.