Disappointed with Uldir

General Discussion
To me Uldir is not meeting the expectations I had for BFA, even for a first raid. Yes, I have only done it on LFR but I am capable of beyond that.

The raid literally just looks like a touched up Blackwing Descent to me, it has the same setup with kills bosses around big room then go to center for boss fight. The fights are relatively uninteresting to me as well.

The difficulty isn't that high but that's ok considering it's a first raid. Meh, this raid was pretty much going to determine if I raided in this expac and this let the bar too low so i'll probably just unsub.
You're right, the fights on LFR would be uninteresting.
LFR fights are so incredibly neutered (why did they remove the adds on Zek? why was that necessary) so if you only see it thru LFR it is bland.

However I really like the raid. It gives me a Resident Evil vibe. Deep underground science lair filled with zombies and AI that tries to kill us with laser tunnels. It's visually a pretty raid, a lot better looking than anything from WoD and Legion (except Nighthold).

The bosses are also pretty fun, also unlike Antorus and ToS.
10/06/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Praystaytion
The raid literally just looks like a touched up Blackwing Descent to me, it has the same setup with kills bosses around big room then go to center for boss fight. The fights are relatively uninteresting to me as well.

Maybe thats how it looks on LFR, but theres 2 more bosses to go yet, do you think they are both going to be on that same platform in the center?

The difficulty isn't that high but that's ok considering it's a first raid. Meh, this raid was pretty much going to determine if I raided in this expac and this let the bar too low so i'll probably just unsub.

Maybe you should use normal or heroic to determine if you want to raid, not LFR.
I can't wait to see how they handle gh'uun lfr, they can't really take the orbs out unless they skip all of phase 1 and even then there is the necessity of phase 2.
no way dude, you are nuts, Uldir is pretty decent if u ask me, better then Emerald Nightmare.
Really good for a first raid, and I am a try hard who basically sucks, but you cant judge a raid by LFR
10/06/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Miakodaa
I can't wait to see how they handle gh'uun lfr, they can't really take the orbs out unless they skip all of phase 1 and even then there is the necessity of phase 2.

Probably just have it so then only 1 person needs to run the orb or something.

But OP, if you're basing your opinion of a raid from LFR you will always be disappointed as LFR rarely has mechanics that matter.

Raid heroic and you won't be bored... just managing the chain lightnings on Herald for instance would be impossible on lfr - would be an instawipe each time. Same with the mind control orb in p3, or the double stacked rings.
would you care to know how many tries it took to get thru Mother? We went thru 3 tanks, kicked 2 hunters, hemorrhaged people. I'm not going back in there on lfr. What should have been simple turned into DEAR GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING??
To me Uldir is not meeting the expectations I had for BFA, even for a first raid. Yes, I have only done it on LFR but I am capable of beyond that.

Then join and guild and go "beyond that".. Its a lot more challenging in Heroic and Mythic.. I am sure one of those will meet you expectations or have you back here next week complaining they are to hard..
To each their own.

I like it aplenty myself.
Yes, I have only done it on LFR

BZZZZT. no one cares about your opinion then.
10/06/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Weathervane
would you care to know how many tries it took to get thru Mother? We went thru 3 tanks, kicked 2 hunters, hemorrhaged people. I'm not going back in there on lfr. What should have been simple turned into DEAR GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING??

I was in an LFR where we downed Mother in the second room, so ymmv.
Yes, I have only done it on LFR but I am capable of beyond that.

Doubt