Do something about the "LOOT" PLEASE.

General Discussion
That's on the vendor in BfA. It's called Rep gear.
It's also available from your Profession for 2 slots.

Neither one of those is anywhere close to what badge vendors enabled.

FWIW, I'm not saying I think we don't get more loot now. I'm saying due to RNG, personal loot, infinite m+ grind, etc, the discrepancies we have among players is now huge, even within the same communities and guilds.

Past? Someone might have like 5 ilvl on you, and by the near end of a raid tier you would all be maxxed out at whatever your competency level was.

Now? bruh we have people who have downed just as many bosses as the best geared people who are like 15 ilvls behind and will probably NEVER catch up at this point.

This isn't even taking into account the people who engage in a ton more content and play time, who inevitably have higher gear due to sheer odds at pulling the slot machine lever. None of this was a problem in the past. It is now, so we need more guaranteed loot to combat those discrepancies.
10/09/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Beraaht
10/09/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Grievlocke
Rep vendor gear is under leveled and does not cover all slots for raiding.

So it's 100% exactly like JP gear.

Except you don't have to grind a stupid currency, as it simply costs gold.

Pretty great uh ?

10/09/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Anela
It doesn't feel good to go weeks without an upgrade because you had lousy RNG.

I don't think I've gone a single week without getting at least 2 upgrades yet in BfA.

I guess being lucky makes you a better player than others who are not lucky. Or does it just make you a better human being?
10/09/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Tarc
Remind us again, which expansion was it that featured guaranteed loot?
You mean literally every expansion until WOD having purchasable entry raid-quality gear?
10/09/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Akaidian
Neither one of those is anywhere close to what badge vendors enabled.

The Profession gear is actually much better.

You're still overestimating badge gear though.

For instance, patch 2.3 introduced SSC level badge gear. Black Temple had been in the game since patch 2.1. The first pass of Badge gear was barely Karazhan level.
10/09/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Johaìs
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Remind us again, which expansion was it that featured guaranteed loot?

Valor points my dude.

And if you raided, valor gear was trash. No progression guilds cared about valor.
Valor was good for gearing up alts but other than that you weren’t getting significant upgrades from valor
10/09/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
I guess being lucky makes you a better player than others who are not lucky. Or does it just make you a better human being?

Or it's not luck, I just didn't stop running content after Normal Uldir, and kept pushing more and more challenging content where upgrades keep dropping.

If I was still stuck at 5/8N, I wouldn't be getting upgrades either. My hunter I barely play already overgears Normal Uldir.

Not getting upgrades ? Push higher.
10/09/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Beraaht
My hunter I barely play already overgears Normal Uldir.

Thats actually a good point, even this DK I'm posting on is 354 without even touching Uldir, only ran 3 keystones aswell.

Edit: Actually, 4 keystones.
10/09/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Beraaht

it's actually still worse than WOTLK and cata vendors (not sure what MOP had, skipped because lul pandas).

In wrath, you could upgrade your badge piece with just one kill.
To upgrade your BS piece, you have to farm so much that by the time you DO earn it, you're likely to have gotten an actual drop from the boss and have invalidated it altogether.

BC is not the target badge gear system I'm talking about. It's every one after that.
I will have to admit... RNG is bull!@#$. Period.

Whoever thought it should be the primary determination on how gear is rewarded, should have their employment evaluated on a daily basis and let RNG determine their salary and employment status. Now that I have the ridiculous hyperbole out of the way... Permit me to provide my personal example.

This character is my main. I spend close to 90 % of my available time on and developing this character for raiding and supporting the progression of my guild. My ilvl is only 355, but I do my part.

I have a hunter as an alt. I recently leveled to 120 two weeks ago. This alt is primarily used to farm mats and make money to support my other character. So what you say? I have already received 3 ilvl 370 Azerite pieces! The full set for my hunter, an Azerite Trifecta... WTF? No dungeons, no special effort. Just daily content (WQ), 1 Warfront and gathering.

Don't get me wrong, I will take it. But I far from earned it.

Blizzard, you wonder why people are upset about loot... This is an example in a nutshell.

Anyone else agree?
10/09/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Beraaht

it's actually still worse than WOTLK and cata vendors (not sure what MOP had, skipped because lul pandas).

To upgrade your BS piece, you have to farm so much that by the time you DO earn it, you're likely to have gotten an actual drop from the boss and have invalidated it altogether.

BC is not the target badge gear system I'm talking about. It's every one after that.

The people who didn’t even give MoP a chance because of pandas really missed out on one of WoWs best expansions.
You know what I think would be cool? If we got guaranteed 1 really nice piece of gear at the end of the raid because we finished it. Remember how at the end of Ant, we got a legendary for finishing? How come at the end of each raid difficulty, we don't get a 1 time piece of really nice gear? What if it could be done on each difficulty excluding LFR?
10/09/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Akaidian

100% false.

BfA profession gear is currently the BEST garanteed gear we've had. Not even Mists Profession gear equals it and it trashes WotLK vendor gear.

25H ICC gear was not on a vendor. It was a Tier token but you very much need to kill the boss and win the roll if your class token even dropped to get it.

Sanguicell just accumulates until you get 385s.

You're talking Tier tokens.

Tier. Tokens. Nothing to do with "badges". In fact, it was quite a pain and a reason that didn't survive beyond Cataclysm : "Hey guys, I got a 25H token! But I don't have the 25N/10H token piece to upgrade yet"

At least later tier tokens allowed you to buy the piece outright. So you could go from a Flex tier piece to a Heroic Tier piece without having to get the Normal tier piece for instance. As did the previous TBC tier token system. ICC is not a good model to follow for Tier gear, it's actually pretty damn awful.

Yeah, Mists "Grind rep to finally be able to grind and spend VP for gear that's 496 only in name" was so great. Or 522s that simmed for less DPS than 502s from ToT LFR. Awesome.
10/09/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Beraaht
If I was still stuck at 5/8N, I wouldn't be getting upgrades either. My hunter I barely play already overgears Normal Uldir.

I'm 5/8H not normal and I run multiple M+ every week. I may not be on par with where you are in either category but that doesn't make me less deserving of upgrades. You have been very fortunate to get upgrades. Don't pretend like that's everyone's experience. Let alone two every single week.
10/09/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Anela
I'm 5/8H not normal and I run multiple M+ every week. I may not be on par with where you are in either category but that doesn't make me less deserving of upgrades.

Doesn't make you less deserving, but makes it less likely you'll get them.

Where the heck did you even get the "I'm a less deserving human" part from ? Victimization complex much ?

10/09/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Anela
You have been very fortunate to get upgrades. Don't pretend like that's everyone's experience. Let alone two every single week.

There is nothing "fortunate" about pushing 10+s, pushing 1600+ CR in Arena and doing Mythic raids and full Heroic clears.

It's called Pushing Higher.
10/09/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Firemane
Why do people act like RNG loot is some new addition to the game? It's been this way since like, ever.

Because it seems worse than ever. Cant even master loot to try to minimize that: i dropped a 370 !@#$ trinket that i couldnt pass to a friend that wanted. Simply because it has bigger ilvl than mine.

Also, cant drop azerite gear in m+ dungeons. If u get screwed in raid and m+ gear (like me for 3 or 4weeks in a row) from caches, u cant do nothing. Its a dumb, %^-* system.

I've done 3~5 9+ m+ per day (sometimes much more) to get almost no loot. When i get (in those RARE ocasions), its usually a !@#$ item i dont want/need. there was a week that i've done 20+ dungeons to get only 2 loots. and i didnt need any of them.

Also, They said that m+ caches would have a DR to prevent bad luck. Wheres that?

I never thought i would miss legendaries, but hey, here i am missing that. And i got my BiS when i couldnt get any others. But at least it was 1 every like 14 days.

The system seems worse. Its not rewarding. I cant spam m+ to get azerite gear. Even the trinket that i want, if other ppl gets, maybe they wont be able to trade with me.

The only system that got loot "improved" is the pvp one. And even on pvp, you cant choose what stats would be better.

RNG is not new. Just seems a lot worse with all the changes they've made.
10/09/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Czarswar
Also, They said that m+ caches would have a DR to prevent bad luck. Wheres that?

You do understand that Bad Luck Protection isn't a garantee you'll get loot right away right ?

10/09/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Czarswar
RNG is not new. Just seems a lot worse with all the changes they've made.

We could go back to simply having less sources of gear overall if you prefer.

Because RNG isn't worse. There's just more sources of RNG gear than we've ever had. You literally walk up and open 2 different loot chests on a Tuesday just for logging on after reset. Boom, gear for logging on.
You do understand that Bad Luck Protection isn't a garantee you'll get loot right away right ?

If the system is like that atm, might as well not have it at all.

10/09/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Beraaht

If i can spam content to get, PLEASE make that. I would LOVE to spam m+ and get my azerite gear. And to have that sweer master loot to pass me gear if its my bis or if other people dont want.
10/09/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Beraaht
Personally, I'm cool with going back to having no forge gear at all. You top out at whatever your competency level is and decide if you want to quit until next patch or push harder. BIS is true BIS, etc.

I never had to worry about ending a content tier without something I really wanted or being less geared than someone else who had only done stuff of the same difficulty.
10/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Beraaht
There is nothing "fortunate" about pushing 10+s, pushing 1600+ CR in Arena and doing Mythic raids and full Heroic clears.

It's called Pushing Higher.

Accolades on your accomplishments but it IS still fortunate that you get uprgrades with the state of RNG. None of that is guaranteed no matter what content you are pushing. My not being a mythic raider or still learning disc and not pushing into anything over a 10 yet doesn't change that. I still have plenty of pieces that could potentially be upgraded in the content I'm currently doing. I'm just not having much luck.

I am about done for work for the day so no more forum playing for me. Sincerely, I hope you have a nice day.
10/09/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Czarswar
If the system is like that atm, might as well not have it at all.

So because BLP doesn't build fast enough for you, you simply want to have very low chances of getting any Azerite ?

How does that make sense in your head ?

I finally got my first 385 Azerite piece today. It works.