Muh Mag'har

General Discussion
After the extremely fun endeavor of repeatedly doing World quests I finally unlocked the Maghar! (Week ago)

And the thrill is dead, already.

Back to main-ing a DH.

Love the thought of Maghar buuuut. It's just a reskin.
Ok. And?

Were you led to believe it would be something more?

Do you feel cheated somehow?

Is this a complaint against leveling?

Or are you seeking validation?
10/09/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Thanatós
After the extremely fun endeavor of repeatedly doing World quests I finally unlocked the Maghar! (Week ago)

Back to main-ing a DH.

"Dear Diary, I went shopping today!"

That's you.

All the information on them was available to you before doing the grind

you also were not required to unlock them as fast as possible... you could just pick away at it over time
"I did a thing for another thing, but I didn't pay attention to what the second thing really was, so the 1st thing was a waste."

"Oh, and Blizz sux."

Did that capture the gist?
Yeah I was a mag'har orc but it didn't feel too great, race changed again into a troll. The racials really bummed me out.
We don't need you

Love the thought of Maghar buuuut.

I'll bet you do.
10/09/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Murgus

Love the thought of Maghar buuuut.

I'll bet you do.

/thread
I unlocked them too. Even went so far as to pay for a race change on one of my toons. I'm already debating on paying another $25 to change it back.

Yes, I already knew what their racials were etc … I just got on the hype train and it hit the side of a mountain without a tunnel. Not mad, cause I like to have access to everything. 5/6 of the allied races unlocked thus far.

At least I get to look cool though.
Man, maybe you shouldn't unlock stuff you don't care for.

I unlocked this Dark Iron almost a month ago and continue looking forward to lvling him up.

You people race changing are doing it wrong, how can you grow to love your char if you don't even put the effort into making them their own Character entirely?

Just level one, you get attached more.
This was how I felt with the Nightborne. Not so much the race, but the armor is what I was really after.
Once I actually turned my brain back on, and realized the armor can only be transmogged by that race, my desire to unlock other races quickly faded.
Man, maybe you shouldn't unlock stuff you don't care for.

I unlocked this Dark Iron almost a month ago and continue looking forward to lvling him up.

You people race changing are doing it wrong, how can you grow to love your char if you don't even put the effort into making them their own Character entirely?

Agreed 100% Play the game. Time invested will be well worth it in bonding with your character....
10/09/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Onlinecutie
Yeah I was a mag'har orc but it didn't feel too great, race changed again into a troll. The racials really bummed me out.

It's a shame they look so cool but their racials are just dollar store knockoffs of green orc racials.

Back to main-ing a DH.

My suspicion is you'll get even more discouraged when you have to do all those "World Quests" again just to level the thing. I know it's killing any fun for me because who wants to keep repeating the same quests over and over for years when you did the exact same ones while leveling.
10/09/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Stnicholas

I totally agree but my biggest thing is I leveled every class to max on Alliance already.

So if I want to play a Dark Iron, or a Lightforged or whatever, I'm going to need to race change one of my existing characters and level an additional character that I don't want if I want the armor.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is that I'm already attached to my first characters of each class. And all of them have special things like MoP CM armor on eight different classes or 36/36 Mage Tower appearances.

I know I can use the looks from the CM armor and Mage Tower on same class alts, it was a big reason why I also have 9/12 classes on Horde (the eight I did CMs on + a DH). But those characters don't have the armor in their bags, or can buy it from the vendor in the Shrine. They can't make their actual artifact look like the mage tower appearance, only other weapons. They also all have fully leveled professions, limited time event items and more.

That's my biggest complaint about Allied races.
10/09/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Signey
10/09/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Onlinecutie

It's a shame they look so cool but their racials are just dollar store knockoffs of green orc racials.

Another word of advice.

Don't roll a char simply for their racials. I have almost have every race maxed level'd.

I love them all and play simply who I want to. Racials have never been a reason to sway my decision in playing one.

You will enjoy yourself more if you don't worry about em.
Are any of the Allied races NOT re-skins?
10/09/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Nusku
Are any of the Allied races NOT re-skins?

Nope.

All races are just reskins, which is why they don't interest me.