Enhance Mana Regen Nerf A Bit Overkill?

Arenas
Was just reading the recent PvP tuning and was completely blindsided at the mana regen nerf to Enhance when I thought they would actually increase it.

The only hybrid spec in the game that has to use Damage Resources and Mana Resources to heal itself as part of its base toolkit.

The Mana regen nerf is a Quadrouple dipping nerf to Enhance as a whole for these reasons.

1. Healing Surge costs 25% base mana and requires 20 Maelstrom ontop for instant healing or else it is a 2 second cast time reduced by haste. Uses 2 Different Resources in which there is no toggle for, to achieve 1 cast which has currently been reduced in effectiveness greatly 33% is massive.

2. Enhance received a damage reduction nerf which is reasonable, but because we are using Damage Resources to self heal we do 0 damage and actually lose damage healing since we can't conserve maelstrom and heal unless below 20 maelstrom. Thus when we finally start to go on the offensive we have to build back up from square one.

3. Mana Regen nerf means that ontop of using our Damage and Mana Resource to heal at 33% less effectiveness, it takes us 30% longer once we are oom to be able to cast another heal at again 33% less effectiveness than previous versions.

4. Enhancement utility skills like Cap totem cost 2000, Tremor 460, Earth Shield 2000, Purge 4000. This means that Vital Core abilities like a Cap totem are at jeopardy of being restrictive in usage because of their insane mana cost and poor success rates.

Explanation:
The Mana regen nerf is soo massive that Enhancement core mechanics may need to be reviewed if this type of nerf is ever considered for the spec.

A Player caught in a high pressure situation where healer is CC'd and massive damage is coming out to the point where Astral Shift has been eaten up and you are out of Mana. You can no longer cc to provide some relief because it costs absurd amount of mana, (2000 Mana for a cast time stun that is avoidable). You also can not apply counter pressure to force them to go defensive because you used all your Damage Resources for a 33% less effective Healing Surge.

Possible Solutions:
1. Maelstrom should no longer be used for Healing Surge and instead, Healing Surge should be baseline instant cast with 25% Mana cost being the simple deterrent.

2. Swelling Waves being baked into Enhancement to compensate because without that talent Enhancement Healing is extremely poor.

3. Remove or severely reduce the mana cost of all utility spells except for Purge and Heal Surge, Nothing over 100 mana, to ensure skills can still be used for counter pressure when Healing Surge is no longer an option

4. Revert mana regen nerf and actually increase it.

5. Revert the Healing Surge nerf and keep the mana regen nerf.

Conclusion

As of current the Hybrid balance is severely broken, Retribution Paladin has more defensive options and heals for similar amount, they are able to counter pressure any situation with an immunity, their healing does not cost them Holy Power so they can still be defensive and have offensive options available

Same as druid, unable to be cc'd while they are shifttshaped, feral is able to instantt cast heals after a 5 combo spender that does not cost him energy, 2 charges of their defensive ability and able to be free'd from rooting effects to allow effective running away and kiting.

All in all either every hybrid is going to get a massive nerf or this is a straight unjust poke around the dark nerf.
Oh noes you're going to have to intelligently manage your mana instead of spamming purge :(
love dem sham tears. mmmmmmmmmmm they're magically delicious
Don't post this here, You are only going to get trolls and fotm rerolls that swear enh is so op.

Anyone who plays enh knows they need to reduce the mana cost on heals.

They need to nerf or remove the pvp talents doing all our top damage and rework flametoungue and rock biter to actually do damage.
10/10/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Stoufs

They could nerf every single class besides yours and you still won't get better lol.. I see you just bouncing around trying to be edgy because you need a reason you can't get any rating. Hint: it's not the class, its you
10/10/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Thunderbud
10/10/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Stoufs

They could nerf every single class besides yours and you still won't get better lol.. I see you just bouncing around trying to be edgy because you need a reason you can't get any rating. Hint: it's not the class, its you

Owned.
10/10/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Stoufs
lol who said i pvp in arenas retard.

lol who said i pvp in arenas retard. get gud scrub. Youre salty because you got gutted.

Well deserved. :) Baddie

You talk like you're 12. Go do your homework.

lol who said i pvp in arenas retard. get gud scrub. Youre salty because you got gutted.

It doesn't matter what pvp bracket you're in, you probably are still right at the bottom Haha. Sick comeback btw, who thought you're insults could be as bad as you are at pvp. Also, calling someone a baddie who is better than you at every form of pvp is embarrassing.
10/10/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Thunderbud

It doesn't matter what pvp bracket you're in, you probably are still right at the bottom Haha. Sick comeback btw, who thought you're insults could be as bad as you are at pvp. Also, calling someone a baddie who is better than you at every form of pvp is embarrassing.

Get gud
I play Ret and have a strong guess we are next up on the off heals nerf train.

Whatever though, if that is the direction they want to go, fine with me.
10/10/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Stoufs
10/10/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Thunderbud

Get gud

Compared to you I'm a blizzcon champ.
10/10/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Thunderbud
10/10/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Stoufs

Get gud

Compared to you I'm a blizzcon champ.

Get gud scrub. Youre bad. Period.
Talking smack is cool.
10/10/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Bigoledoinks
Talking smack is cool.

Out here in Amish.
Talking smack is cool.

To scrubs it is.
Enh Shaman purge is the most easily spammed one in the game ATM. I'm sure that's one of the reasons for the mana adjustment.

I suspect you'll still be strong in turbo.
10/10/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Stoufs
Talking smack is cool.

To scrubs it is.

How do you have 300 arena wins and no 1500 achievement?
10/10/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Sosalty
10/10/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Stoufs

To scrubs it is.

How do you have 300 arena wins and no 1500 achievement?

Get gud
10/10/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Grievousxo
Oh noes you're going to have to intelligently manage your mana instead of spamming purge :(
what class has to intelligently manage anything in this garbage expac