Do you want a change to the current leveling system?

General Discussion
10/12/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Qri
3. Speed

Almost all the "complainers" about the changes are people who hate leveling. All they care about is "as fast as possible, using any trick possible". They do not care about actually PLAYING THE GAME, except at max level.

Obviously, you should ignore their opinions about the levelling game, which they just want to be faster. There are millions of MMO players who LIKE levelling.

You could slow everything down to a snails pace... still not going to make those people care about actually playing the game before max level. just makes the people, like myself, that enjoyed rolling alts rethink rolling alts and thanking the heavens above all my characters that arent max level are well beyond the deadzone that is BC/Wrath leveling.
10/13/2018 12:02 AMPosted by Actasanc
People both want leveling to be harder to weed out the "scrubs" and "casuals" so that it takes six month to level a toon

Coming Soon™
I wouldn't mind a refund on the thousands of gold I've spent on worthless heirlooms.
I think cap should have been 100 since we havent got any new talent rows since then.
10/12/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Sorelai
It actually isn't leveling that is the problem. It only takes about 48 hours of game play to level to maximum level.

- The problems are improper NPC scaling in some areas.
- Improper reward scaling (quests in old content are more lucrative than current content)
- Character progression basically stops at level 80. There are 40 more levels where you do not gain any new abilities outside of talents. They don't necessarily need to add new abilities to fix this. They can add new ranks of abilites that make our current ones more powerful.

They need to fix these issues or they need to end leveling at level 100 (the last talent).

Leveling is a problem - it only takes 48 hours if you use warmode and herb/mine as well.

Scaling is a problem as well since it removes any of the natural power rewards and that's why people keep figuring they should get more abilities. Most abilities really are meaningless because they are just buttons you press just like the button you press before - there isn't any value or fun in hitting things 6 times.
I think the 7.2.5 (7.3.5?) change to leveling were excellent! I've leveled 5 toons since then, and 25+ toons before then.

1. Many new choices and quests

Before: at any level, I had 2 zones and 4 total quest hubs "at my level". After: I have 20+ zones and 50+ quest hubs "at my level". I leveled up 5 new toons while never repeating a quest! Almost all were quests I hadn't done before. And that makes each quest FUN and interesting.

2. Dungeons are scaled properly

Before: levels 15-30 were faceroll. Healers didn't heal. Anyone could kill.
After: as a healer, I was NEEDED even in level 15 dungeons. The15-60 dungeons gave me good practice in healing dungeon groups. Ditto tanks and DPS.

3. Speed

Almost all the "complainers" about the changes are people who hate leveling. All they care about is "as fast as possible, using any trick possible". They do not care about actually PLAYING THE GAME, except at max level.

Obviously, you should ignore their opinions about the levelling game, which they just want to be faster. There are millions of MMO players who LIKE levelling.

A lot of people complaining loved leveling before - that game is dead to them now. They were the ones who already saw all the areas and quests. So nothing is new to them now.
they wont change it until they see data on it internally and not like what they see. nothing we say on the forums has any impact.
The pace is fine in my opinion. It takes less than 3 days /played to get to 120, which is incredibly fast by any MMO standard. I have levelled more characters to cap than anyone I know, so it is never going to be "exciting" for me, but it is part of what an MMO is, and the process does help me connect/develop a bond for a new character.

WoW is not a third person shooter with RPG elements. It is an RPG first. Leveling a character from scratch is part of that distinction, at least for me.
I've leveled 20 characters. I've seen the story and read all the quests, and some leveling zones are absolutely intolerable to me such as Outland and Northrend.
The removal of the elixirs and ancient knowledge and rapid mind, as well as the increase to xp needed makes the prospect of leveling another character from scratch a non negotiable no.
10/13/2018 12:01 AMPosted by Orctang
It is a garbage system that promotes boosts.
The only reason they made leveling take longer is to sell boosts.

That's it.

It's not more difficult, things don't put up anymore of a fight than they used to and you don't get any closer to dying on pulls than before, things just take longer to die. The type of person that believes that "more time = more difficulty" should stick to facebook games where it takes days to upgrade things. You can take all the time you want to progress in those games, so those should be more difficult than you can imagine.
10/12/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Megapotato
Looks like many people are hating on it.

And many people aren't.
10/13/2018 02:39 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
10/12/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Megapotato
Looks like many people are hating on it.

And many people aren't.

Then the solution should be to fix it so the people who hate it don't hate it anymore. Which means bringing back the optional things like decent heirlooms, and xp potions.
I think the 7.2.5 (7.3.5?) change to leveling were excellent! I've leveled 5 toons since then, and 25+ toons before then.

1. Many new choices and quests

Before: at any level, I had 2 zones and 4 total quest hubs "at my level". After: I have 20+ zones and 50+ quest hubs "at my level". I leveled up 5 new toons while never repeating a quest! Almost all were quests I hadn't done before. And that makes each quest FUN and interesting.

You have got to be kidding. There are a lot fewer options than before. "Do zone A or identical zone B with hundreds of fetch quests" is really not "more options", considering all the leveling options they removed to force us into that lockstep quest "experience".

If you hadn't done those quests before, there's no reason but you didn't value them at all. it's all on you.

2. Dungeons are scaled properly

Before: levels 15-30 were faceroll. Healers didn't heal. Anyone could kill.
After: as a healer, I was NEEDED even in level 15 dungeons. The15-60 dungeons gave me good practice in healing dungeon groups. Ditto tanks and DPS.

LOL, right. Nobody does dungeons anymore, because they are scaled as progression content for carefully selected groups with the right comp. My tanks tried some. They were pointless. You guys aren't paying me to teach 4 other players how to do a dungeon, stop pretending they know those dungeons on purchase of the game. They don't, and discouraging them from ever running dungeons while leveling by making dungeons pointless means they get to max and have never run a dungeon. Grats! You have created a player who will never be competent at playing dungeons. Good work!

3. Speed

Almost all the "complainers" about the changes are people who hate leveling.

Nothing but a lie. I have leveled all my characters through questing, always have. I know more about it than you do, clearly. In fact, I still do, but it takes 3 times as long, between having to stop because I get bored with endlessly clubbing thousands of identical trash packs, broken quests everywhere, stuff that is mistuned for level.

All they care about is "as fast as possible, using any trick possible". They do not care about actually PLAYING THE GAME, except at max level.

I can't believe people make up this nonsense. You write as though you were given as script. Tell me all about myself, since you have ESP. Tell me about how when I used to solo dungeons at level for fun that I was actually exploiting the game. Please, I need to hear how people like you who exploited the heck out of all the triple experience potions you could get your grubby little fingers on in wod are now suddenly experts at thinking like real people.

Obviously you should ignore the opinions of people who make up garbage and claim they know how other people think.

Sure, there are millions of MMO players who like leveling. Unfortunately, they're not playing wow, they're playing some game where leveling is fun, because you guys deliberately took all the fun out of leveling.
10/13/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Amine
10/13/2018 02:39 AMPosted by Eyrinjia

And many people aren't.

Then the solution should be to fix it so the people who hate it don't hate it anymore. Which means bringing back the optional things like decent heirlooms, and xp potions.

We don't need xp potions. We need questing to be streamlined to remove pointless fetch quests that served no purpose originally than to bloat the questing "experience".
10/13/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Humphumphus
they wont change it until they see data on it internally and not like what they see. nothing we say on the forums has any impact.

They are convinced we will come around with a good weekend of astroturfing. They are still in denial. They think it's all a PR problem and will blow over.
No, it's exactly right for me. It was far too easy and far too fast before. Now it feels like I'm actually playing real content as I level.
10/13/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Asmo
I wouldn't mind a refund on the thousands of gold I've spent on worthless heirlooms.

They're not worthless though, with enchants, they're absolutely beast mode :P
Make the upcoming Horde/Alliance Incursions world wide, so characters of any level above, say, 5-10 can participate and level and get gear. Like a toned down Legion Invasions from the pre-Legion event.
i am just wondering about how it "only" takes 2 days /played

i have 4 days /played and am just visiting the broken isles now

i am not mister speed but i don't feel like i am going incredibly slowly compared to normal

also i have warmode and heirlooms but no gathering
I have zero problems with the current leveling system. Boosts are cheap thanks to a deflated wow token.